• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike 2 |OT| The Bomb has been replanted

Fake

I keep getting this error ever since the update. Also its weird it says its missing pretty much PC files even though Im playing on the mac since its compatible.

SgvKyLc.png

You need to restart your steam. Happens with me as well.

AJBungah

Neo Member
Played a few games of Casual and yep, it's CSGO with prettier smokes and mollies. It's okay. I will play a bit more and see if it takes me off Valorant but finding it unlikely.

used to play CS back in the beta days up til 1.6. had some fond memories of staying up til the crack of dawn playing in cyber cafes. didn't really touch the game since CS:GO days. not because I dislike it or anything thou. just a mix of bunch of life issues and other games taking up my time.

so I downloaded CS2 last night. started it up and messed with the setup a little. then played a round of practice with the bots on Italy. definitely brings back some memories even thou I can barely recognize the map. so I tried casual games next, but was hit with a error message

"matchmaking fail: VAC was unable to verify your game session."

anyone knows how to fix this?

Robbinhood

Banned
that is a change not a bug. They nerfed awp and scopes speed in cs2.

They also made recoil on galil less, and more on ak. It's weird. Now it feel like galil is more accurate than AK when spraying
Its not a change, its a HARD freeze for 1 second during the first scope. After the first scope its normal. I mean it may be slower than GO but what I'm referring to is a bug. I don't really want to lower graphics since I'm getting over 150fps its like a texture streaming issue.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Any controller support?
Might do a few casual rounds on my laptop connected to the big oled.
Basically impossible to play with it. I tried once in the past and you’ll never click a head. At best you can use shotguns only to camp corners and that won’t get you far lol.

CS is designed around very very precise fraction of a pixel aim. Clicking heads is super rewarding hence the 20+ years of if existing and remaining a tier 1 e sport.

used to play CS back in the beta days up til 1.6. had some fond memories of staying up til the crack of dawn playing in cyber cafes. didn't really touch the game since CS:GO days. not because I dislike it or anything thou. just a mix of bunch of life issues and other games taking up my time.

so I downloaded CS2 last night. started it up and messed with the setup a little. then played a round of practice with the bots on Italy. definitely brings back some memories even thou I can barely recognize the map. so I tried casual games next, but was hit with a error message

"matchmaking fail: VAC was unable to verify your game session."

anyone knows how to fix this?
I believe you just need to verify files and restart steam.

This is a pretty common issue so if that doesn’t work, check Google.

I believe you just need to verify files and restart steam.

This is a pretty common issue so if that doesn’t work, check Google.

thanks for the advise. too bad it didn't work even after I verified, reinstall, and rebooted. will be searching for a fix later after work.

edit: so looks like I just need to run Steam under administrator mode and things work fine now.

Last edited:

violence

Man, it’s been so long since I’ve played counterstrike I’m re-discovering it. I can see myself wasting tons of time playing this. This reminds me a little bit of overwatch 2 in that it’s more of a major update than a sequel.

I miss valve making games. I guess they felt it was preferable to leave on top.

Antwix

Its not a change, its a HARD freeze for 1 second during the first scope. After the first scope its normal. I mean it may be slower than GO but what I'm referring to is a bug. I don't really want to lower graphics since I'm getting over 150fps its like a texture streaming issue.
Yeah this happens to me too but not on awp/scopes (haven't tried that). I'd get a headshot with a deagle and it would just freeze up the game for almost a full second. I don't know, the game doesn't seem as smooth for me right now. Maybe I'll check it out later but yeah you may be right with the texture/streaming hypothesis.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
old school competitive 1.6 player here,

After a few hours of deathmatch I have to say I'm super impressed. It feels, plays, and sounds a lot better than CSGO and I could actually see myself put a lot of hours into this which I never thought in a million years this would ever happen seeing how valve has handled CS

Visually the game is very appealing, finally moving away from the awful HL2 realism that plagued cs:source and csgo on some level. love how vibrant and stylized it looks and overall very clean and crispy with a lot of attention to detail.

The UI is a massive improvement.

The registration.....maybe my favorite part. I don't know how valve couldn't get this right with CSGO.

Where is de_aztec btw? And why does the M4 only have 20 bullets in a clip?--To remove the CT advantage? Seems like the AK is super overpowered

People that think this is a major update more than a sequel--I'm sorry but you don't understand what you're looking at

twilo99

It’s only going to get better with time as they refine the game further.

The only thing I don’t like is that they didn’t add any new guns? I understand that they are well balanced and that’s really tricky to do, but they could’ve given us a few new toys?

Aside from that, I really like the way the SMGs feel now. Is it just me or are they stronger in this game compared to CSGO?

Last edited:
Played a bunch over the last few days and love it. The new buy menu is such a massive improvement that I will never understand how they didn’t use a menu like that sooner.

Graphics are great, runs amazingly well and it’s just fun. It’s still the tactical FPS king.

StueyDuck

Banned
I know the game isn't pushing tech. But damn that performance for how good it looks, fucking valve wizzards...

Quite a few AAA devs could learn a thing or two. This is how you release a product

hlm666

The registration.....maybe my favorite part. I don't know how valve couldn't get this right with CSGO.
I think there were some pretty substantial changes to their network system, I don't think anyone else is doing what valve are doing with this.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I'm getting addicted to CS again. Loving this game. I didn't like GO much, always preferred source. This feels pretty good.

Still way harder to hit anything than in CSS or 1.6.

Gudji

Man in some maps there's a couple of spots that really make the game feel slugish dunno what's going on. Guess my old cpu just can't handle the game very well.
Already installed all the lastest AMD drivers and reset the shader cache but the problem persists.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I rarely play PVP games but had to try this for the sake of the old days when we used to dabble in some cs 1.x (or earlier). It's fun and it's funny when my teammates hate me so much for sucking they call me a troll and quit even though I'm trying my best (I play competitive just for the xp n stuff) :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

amigastar

I rarely play PVP games but had to try this for the sake of the old days when we used to dabble in some cs 1.x (or earlier). It's fun and it's funny when my teammates hate me so much for sucking they call me a troll and quit even though I'm trying my best (I play competitive just for the xp n stuff) :messenger_grinning_sweat:
That does not sound good, lol.
I remember playing ARMA 3 once in cooperative MP, i sucked so much they kicked me, lol.

Last edited:

Schmick

Anyone got a clue whats happening with Private Matchmaking?

I have a bunch of mates who have all completed the necessary tutorials and matches to open Private Matchmaking and we've setup a Steam Group.

But we don't ever seem to get further than that. The game just seems to be 'searching' continuously.

Are we affectively waiting for a server to become available?

Boneless

I really dislike the fact that whether you lose 13-0, or you lose 13-11 does not matter in terms of points. It does not make any sense.

Top Bottom