• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Couple disappear; Man's facebook begins erratic posting; Later, woman found captive

Status
Not open for further replies.

onken

Hopefully it's just dickheads who have seen the new stories hacking their account and not some murderer using their phones.

Sadly this is the most likely scenario by far. The odds of the couple still being in the land of the living are basically nil, unless they had some massive hidden debt and ran off making it look like foul play.

Krejlooc

Banned
Maybe they did just run away together?
They were both due to meet friends for dinner the day they disappeared, right? So they know people would come looking for them before long when they didn't turn up, hence why they left the door unlocked, so the dog could be taken care of. Not sure about the missing crate though, maybe they just got rid of the crate before all of this happened, and its absence has nothing to do with their disappearance? To me that is more plausible than the husband kidnapping his wife and putting her in the crate..

A) The dog was starving when it was found, it had been alone for a while

B) Why wouldn't they just *take the dog*?

C) The theory isn't that the dude kidnapped his girlfriend in a crate. The theory being passed around is that his ex-wife kidnapped the dude and the girlfriend or something.

Wow from the Killer clowns at night phase

To the debunked YouTube video of a man with a kidnapped Girl

Now to this!!!

Real life can be fucking scarier than a horror movie sometimes
2016's "real life is a horror movie" phase started back in the summer

Forgot about this?
1445661_630x354.jpg

Mohonky

High chances they are dead, whoever did it is someone related / jilted. Who puts their password into facebook everytime they use it? Next to no one, whoever did it likely still has their phones etc and is using it to torment the families to get back at them and somehow enjoying the attention.

Nobody kidnaps someone unless there is something to get out of it and the families would likely have heard something by now, that and adding details to the facebook and posts crosses more as something personal.

Joqu

Man, I've read a lot of scary shit but this story got me.

The thing that makes this so creepy, to me at least, is the police not looking into those facebook posts. That uncertainty is something. It could be some douchebag hacker (though I really doubt it...) but if it's related to the disappearance and it never gets looked into? Horrifying.

Panzon

Damn, this is one creepy story. Sounds like the couple is either:
A) Dead
B) Lost their minds and are tormenting their loved ones
C) A low life hacker

Hope the family gets the truth and closure

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Maybe they did just run away together?
They were both due to meet friends for dinner the day they disappeared, right? So they know people would come looking for them before long when they didn't turn up, hence why they left the door unlocked, so the dog could be taken care of. Not sure about the missing crate though, maybe they just got rid of the crate before all of this happened, and its absence has nothing to do with their disappearance? To me that is more plausible than the husband kidnapping his wife and putting her in the crate..

Nobody leaves their glasses and contacts when running away. Nobody leaves their dog either.

The dog crate missing, if it's big enough for a human. Is scary.

I know Pomeranian is a small breed, but some people have bigger crates if they keep their dog there for extended periods.

This leads me to an even darker thought. With certain tools, even an adult human could fit into a Pomeranian's crate.

Man, I really hope whatever sick shit we can come up with is totally false. Ideally that the couple is alive and one is just crazy, but that might be wishful thinking at this point :(

Hale-XF11

“To do anything like that, we’d have to issue a search warrant to Facebook,” Creamer said. “I don’t know if we’ve done that but I’m pretty sure we have not done that. … You’d have to serve [Facebook] with a search warrant to search their records for an IP.”

How about you get on that then.

Maybe that Creamer guy is related to the "Ain't nobody got time for that" 911 operator or the "It was obviously fake rotfl how gullible can you be?" posters in the "Hi Walter" thread. You'd think there's enough indication here that the couple is actually missing and hasn't just left town to warrant a police investigation.

Volcane

That sounds very sinister. I hope they turn up safe and well, but seeming unlikely especially with the dog being left to fend for itself, which no pet owner would suddenly do.

I think the police seriously need to find out the IP of the Facebook poster.

Mohonky

“To do anything like that, we’d have to issue a search warrant to Facebook,” Creamer said. “I don’t know if we’ve done that but I’m pretty sure we have not done that. … You’d have to serve [Facebook] with a search warrant to search their records for an IP.”

How about you get on that then.

This from the forum that got up in arms about them wanting Apple to unlock the phone of a convincted offender?

Dmented

Banned
This from the forum that got up in arms about them wanting Apple to unlock the phone of a convincted offender?

Um, if it's just for an IP that's a COMPLETELY different thing than having full (and basically a backdoor, as they also wanted) access to someone's phone.

jstripes

Banned

Apple will give out information they have access to, like IP addresses, when given a proper warrant.

Crippling the security of the iPhone is an entirely different matter.

Nobody leaves their glasses and contacts when running away. Nobody leaves their dog either.

Well presumably they were wearing a pair of glasses/contacts while at work, no? So they didn't leave being totally blind, and they could just purchase more when needed.

As for the dog, like I said, they knew people were expecting them, so the dog would have been found and taken care of before long.

Only thing I don't understand is the fb posts.

Cuburt

Apple will give out information they have access to, like IP addresses, when given a proper warrant.

Crippling the security of the iPhone is an entirely different matter.

I thought they only wanted Apple to disable the "self-destruct" feature so they can brute force unlock it manually without running out of attempts.

rjinaz

I thought they only wanted Apple to disable the "self-destruct" feature so they can brute force unlock it manually without running out of attempts.

The FBI tried to order them to create a program that would do this. This was not something that Apple could do.

numble

Travo

On first blush I'd say the simplest answer is the boyfriend killed the girlfriend, but they don't mention any evidence of violent behavior and I can't imagine a domestic violence case would leave so few clues.

My money is also on the "hack" being a troll. The guy's Facebook password was probably pretty trivial to figure out.

Might not need a password if the troll had this guy's phone with Facebook

NateDog

This is seriously disturbing to me, not even necessarily the Facebook stuff but the oddity of leaving behind the dog and everything else in the house intact.

Burt

Holy shit, that's terrible. Glad they found her alive and got him. Have they said anywhere how they figured out where she was?

Jenov

wow what an update. WTF, so their landlord kidnapped them? And he had her chained up like a dog on a private property. Crazy fucker. Sounds like he's done this before too:

"The agency reportedly received a tip that as many as four bodies could be on the property.

“We’re trying to make sure we don’t have a serial killer on our hands," he said.

A backhoe was being used on the 100-acre property to search for evidence and Wright said some had been uncovered, but the investigation was ongoing."

God the poor girl. Glad she was found before the worst happened.

Hope that crazy fucker burns and, jesus christ at the fact that you can always find people that go "Oh that certainly doesn't sound like Jimmy, oh I know Jimmy is a convicted felon who did this exact same thing years ago but it DOESN'T SOUND LIKE JIMMY" like come on.

Razmos

Really glad to hear she's still alive, doesn't sound like there is much hope for the boyfriend still being alive though.

What a sick fuck, not only doing that to the woman but all those Facebook messages and posts... fuck

Jmille99

Wow. Not quite the ending I expected. At least the girl is alive (if not BADLY scarred). Hope the mans family can at least get some closure on what happened to him. Hoping this story doesnt get even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom