• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Couple disappear; Man's facebook begins erratic posting; Later, woman found captive

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrosis

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...man-accused-of-holding-anderson-woman-captive

"A sentencing report indicates that Kohlhepp sexually assaulted a 14-year-old victim on November 25, 1986. The teen girl called Tempe, Arizona Police to report the incident. She said Kohlhepp lured her out of her house while she was babysitting her younger siblings by telling her that her ex-boyfriend wanted to talk with her. The report said Kohlhepp pointed a “small blue steel handgun at her head” and “told her to walk down the alley towards his house.” When they arrived, they “walked into his bedroom where he placed gray duct tape over her mouth. He also tied her hands together with a rope. He then removed her clothes, then his clothes and forced the victim to have sexual intercourse with him.”

The victim told police that he would kill her, along with her younger brother and sister if she called the police. After going back home, she called them anyway. The report said Kohlhepp was arrested at his home without incident. “When contacted by police, the defendant was holding a .22 caliber rifle which was pointed at the ceiling. When questioned regarding this incident, the defendant fully admiited his guilty and indicated he used the victim’s ex-boyfriend as a ploy.”

“There is also mention made of Todd destroying his bedroom with a hammer; destroying other children’s projects; hitting other children; cloroxing a goldfish; shooting a dog with a BB gun; being dismissed from the Boy Scouts because he was too disruptive; shredding his own clothes.”

this dude sounds like a complete fucking psychopath

disgusting -- and tragic -- that more measures weren't taken to protect the community at large from someone with a background like his

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Horrific story. Still kind of hoping the husband is found alive. Hope the guy who did it gets put behind bars, forever.

Kieli

Even from reading the original OP, the prognosis wasn't good...

Horrifying for the couple and I can't even imagine what her state of mind would be now.

“There is also mention made of Todd destroying his bedroom with a hammer; destroying other children’s projects; hitting other children; cloroxing a goldfish; shooting a dog with a BB gun; being dismissed from the Boy Scouts because he was too disruptive; shredding his own clothes.”

Sounds like someone with some actual mental health issues.

Imagine how this could have been prevented if America got its shit together regarding that issue.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

Imagine how this could have been prevented if America got its shit together regarding that issue.

Doesn't really fit the villain-damsel archetype the public craves though

_Ryo_

How did her boyfriends car get there? Did the kidnapper abduct the woman and message the boyfriend that he's better come or would kill the woman, if he called the police, just so he could trap the boyfriend, and kill him when he arrived?

Or did the couple drive there together?

Or did the kidnapper go get the car from where ever it was?

All of the possibilities are equally horrifying.

l2ounD

Sounds like a troubled child, I wonder what type of environment he grew up in.

Kwixotik

How did her boyfriends car get there? Did the kidnapper abduct the woman and message the boyfriend that he's better come or would kill the woman, if he called the police, just so he could trap the boyfriend, and kill him when he arrived?

Or did the couple drive there together?

Or did the kidnapper go get the car from where ever it was?

All of the possibilities are equally horrifying.
My theory is he had some role in their buying the house (he's a realtor and they were moving in to a new house together), so he knew where it was and when they would be there and possibly had access to it. So he went inside, got the jump on them when they came in, restrained them and forced them to enter the vehicle which he drove to his property.

Ooccoo

So about that "Do you believe in the Devil" thread

Hearing this story and knowing all these shit went down, yes, yes I do believe the devil exists. I've been frozen in my seat while my skin feeling like it's crawling off my bones, while reading this story.

This story is horrible but come on, the Devil is not real

_Ryo_

My theory is he had some role in their buying the house (he's a realtor and they were moving in to a new house together), so he knew where it was and when they would be there and possibly had access to it. So he went inside, got the jump on them when they came in, restrained them and forced them to enter the vehicle which he drove to his property.

Okay, so did he drive there? If he drove and then took their car then his would be at the house by itself. That'd look weird, right? And he would need a way to come back and get his car, since he surely can't drive theirs to retrieve it. Did he have an accomplice?

Also this guy apparently physically overpowered the girl and her boyfriend , at the same time (who looks kind of strong) this situation gets scarier and more depressing the more I think about it.

Kwixotik

Okay, so did he drive there? If he drove and then took their car then his would be at the house by itself. That'd look weird, right? And he would need a way to come back and get his car, since he surely can't drive theirs to retrieve it. Did he have an accomplice?

Also this guy apparently physically overpowered the girl and her boyfriend , at the same time (who looks kind of strong) this situation gets scarier and more depressing the more I think about it.
Taxi, uber, public transportation, had friend or coworker drop him off nearby

He used a gun in his previous kidnapping case. He probably had one this time too. Takes physicality out of the equation.

Syder

The FB posts are especially creepy in retrospect. The police had an in to get this guy's IP and it seems like they didn't follow up on it. This is so wrong.

Arkeband

Banned

Hearing this story and knowing all these shit went down, yes, yes I do believe the devil exists. I've been frozen in my seat while my skin feeling like it's crawling off my bones, while reading this story.

It's more honest and terrifying to just admit that human beings do this and worse every day on this planet.

Saganator

Sounds like a troubled child, I wonder what type of environment he grew up in.

Earlier in this thread someone posted a Facebook message where he talks about getting his ass beat by his dad, mom, and grand parents. It wasn't like, "oh my piece of shit parents beat the crap out of me" but more of "I got the shit beat out of me and I turned out okay! You should beat your kids more!" type post.

Really shitty. Someone goes missing in a town and you'd think one of the first places they go look is a convicted kidnapper's plot of land.

This story is horrible but come on, the Devil is not real

It's more honest and terrifying to just admit that human beings do this and worse every day on this planet.

Just to be clear I never stepped foot in that "devil real" thread, I was being symbolic about the "Devil" being real inside some human beings on this planet.

I am not particularly saying devil literally exist, but when shit like this is actually happening by real people to real people, the devil might as well exist, it is that bad.

Saganator

I am not particularly saying devil literally exist, but when shit like this is actually happening by real people to real people, the devil might as well exist, it is that bad.

The guy might've been born with a few nuts loose, but these kinds of people are almost always a product of a very shitty environment. Case in point:
hBfWQPX.png

Makes you think how many more psychos are out there like him. Poor woman, hope she gets all the help she needs.

I heard somewhere that there could be around 50 serial killers in the US at any given time, don't know if that's true or not. Hell there's even people who kill collectively, look up Toy Box Killer.

Randomizer

Either a troll who hacked the account or something more sinister? Hopefully he has genuinely just lost his mind and that they just eloped together.

Whelp! I was hoping it wasn't something bad but this is on another level of fucked up craziness.

The dog crate missing, if it's big enough for a human. Is scary.

I know Pomeranian is a small breed, but some people have bigger crates if they keep their dog there for extended periods.

Scary that all the worst possibilities came true.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
I verify realtor licences who want to work with my company and i look up any reasons their licenses have been suspended in the past, as long as its not financial we accept. Ive seen a register offender and questioned it but sadly was told it didnt stop him from working with us.

I find this terrifying considering how easy it is for real estate agents to gain access to vacant buildings that are listed for sale.

I don't want to be that guy but holy shit at the amount of leniency this dude got in life despite kidnapping and sexually assaulting someone in his youth. No way should a registered sex offender be working in real estate. Police should have been on his ass day one, too.

Eusis

I'm inclined to think religious stuff like that holds more weight when taken metaphorically.

So in that sense people like this are the devil. Along with many, many other titles that don't begin to do justice to this atrocious behavior.

Joqu

Terrifying story, damn. But man, look at how long this took since the facebook posts. That search warrant comment... They seriously messed up.

Scary that all the worst possibilities came true.

When I heard about this guy, my original post was my first thought. That poor girl must have been through hell the last few months. I hope she can get through it. Any word on her boyfriend?

Was it confirmed this guy was the one making the Facebook posts?

Jesus. Yeah how did he get off so easy after that? Disgusting.
how the fuck didn't this guy get locked up for life for this "incident"
what the fuck

He was 15 at the time, it seems.

Very happy they found the woman alive. Not looking good for her boyfriend though. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about this case.

Also, I already mentioned it earlier in the thread, but this reminds me of the "Hi Walter" thread. Luckily this woman was found alive despite the awful police work, but she could have been found earlier and who knows if somebody else was still alive at that time? I hope they get asked about why they dragged their feet when there were lives at stake.

takriel

Don't make up shitty excuses like demons and devils to explain behavior like this. Rather, accept that some humans are indeed able to commit crimes like these, often without a real reason other than masochistic enjoyment.

Bladenic

Wow, didn't see this thread till just now. Glad to see that the woman was rescued, but I'm afraid poor Charlie won't be so lucky. Really interested in hearing the details of what happened. Not in a sick way, but just knowing how it happened and I can't even imagine what she went through. More importantly, I feel that she and potentially her boyfriend could've been rescued long ago if police issued that Facebook search warrant :(

This is indeed like the "Hi Walter" thread, if you consider the creepy Facebook account invading and posting creepy teases about the couple equivalent of making a horror video on YouTube, sadly this one is true, where the other one was just a short film making, actor (totally unrelated to the missing person) dude. Fortunately with this one though the girl was found alive and physically not too much abused. Unfortunately we still don't know the welfare of the poor boyfriend. Crossing my fingers he is also still alive, healthy, (holed up) somewhere.

This dude's entire life and background is full of red flags, a natural born psychopath, from his abusive parents and grandparents to his sociopathic ego, (see his own bio on his business website) he boasts about his business degree, his computer science education and "professional" graphic designer who did work for all pro sporting organizations (NBA, NFL, MLB) he describes "riding sports bikes and sports cars" as a hobby and a licensed pilot.

It's also worth mentioning that he went to jail for 15 years for kidnapping a 15 year old at gun point, taking her to his bedroom, duck taping her arms, mouth and feet and sexually assaulting and raping her... threatening to kill her if she called th cops after. He also got in shit ton of trouble and in fights with inmates during his 15 years prison sentence.

I am guessing he faked his way out of prison by proving to be fully rehabilitated after his sentence. Doubt his psychopathic tendencies and urges ever left him, even after 15 years of prison, if not made him more of a demon... also guessing him making a "comeback" post jail release with finding success in his own business:
along with owning lotta rural land...also probably fed his huge sociopathic ego, and gave him the twisted confidence to commit these atrocities, and those Facebook posts his own and posting Charlie (his victim's) Carver's account. (I'm convinced At this point that it was him) all this shit is just super scary, creepy, cold, cruel and barbaric as fuck.

Movie of the week shit indeed. This all reads like a suspense/horror novel and not real life.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
Sadly, in most cases like this, probably dead. Our best case scenario is that he's elsewhere on another property. But it doesn't look good.

And if he is elsewhere on another property, in similar conditions, he'll most likely starve to death now that his captor is in custody.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I tried to update the title but we have limited characters. If I drop the context of the story and the original context of the thread I can fit all the current news, but then the first few pages if the thread look strange to anyone who clicks. If you feel like more should be added to the title, please create a new thread that that emphasizes the latest developments.

jackal27

Banned
I tried to update the title but we have limited characters. If I drop the context of the story and the original context of the thread I can fit all the current news, but then the first few pages if the thread look strange to anyone who clicks. If you feel like more should be added to the title, please create a new thread that that emphasizes the latest developments.

Seems like you did a good job, thanks.

Also, let's not be too quick to say that she was found unharmed. We don't know that guys. We just know that she was found alive. Really hope this guy starts cooperating with police.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...man-accused-of-holding-anderson-woman-captive

this dude sounds like a complete fucking psychopath

disgusting -- and tragic -- that more measures weren't taken to protect the community at large from someone with a background like his

Horrific. The state of mental health care and awareness in this country is appalling. The guy was a textbook sociopath to a T, with a nightmarish criminal history to boot. He should not have been roaming free all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom