• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

ntropy

HzsMLMVatIST.jpeg

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Some people simply cannot help themselves when it comes to trying to make everything political. Sigh.

In actual COVID news, the CDC is again recommending that the immunocompromised seek a fourth shot, only now at three months following their third shot rather than five months - as they previously suggested.

The CDC is also ramping up waste water surveillance, including a new data tracking portal dedicated to it, though it's still in its infancy as far as I can tell:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
These posts honestly just make me laugh at this point.

And while you may just be making a parody post and not be expecting people to take it seriously I know that loads of people will post pictures like this on Twitter or Instagram in just a total salt filled fit of rage expecting everybody to just shit their fucking britches and then it just won't happen. And then those people just get even angrier because people aren't making a big deal about it.

I really do love the internet sometimes lol

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

These posts honestly just make me laugh at this point.

And while you may just be making a parody post and not be expecting people to take it seriously I know that loads of people will post pictures like this on Twitter or Instagram in just a total salt filled fit of rage expecting everybody to just shit their fucking britches and then it just won't happen. And then those people just get even angrier because people aren't making a big deal about it.

I really do love the internet sometimes lol
What's the problem with it? A black guy?

RAÏSanÏa

Buncha qoofs bogged down in Ottawa in the winter protesting. Looking kinda ragged. And the resilience of the mandates in the face of such coherent and well presented arguments, astounding.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

It doesn't bother me, I am just, you know, interested in what you are saying.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. doing too much stuff

The shit being spouted by some "protestors" is a lot of conspiracy stuff.

Goof is a word in Canadian that triggers some people for whatever reason. No everyone.
Switched out the letter.

RAÏSanÏa

Looking at things the military response to the Ottawa Police on Friday did just the trick to quell the group. It made Ottawa Police actually protect the citizens of the city instead of qoofs. Would have been a lot easier for them and the citizens wouldn't be as pissed if it began that way.

RAÏSanÏa

Some of the talk about this protest and maybe it's other objective reminds me of this song. Even the imagery and lyrics.

Our gift to humanity is Liberal Democracy (Peace on Earth)

ManaByte

Gold Member
CA dropping masking mandate (but not for students, they’re still prisoners of the teacher’s union) next Tuesday.

WoJ

Yeah those darn teachers trying to protect themselves
Then they can wear an N95 then and get vaccinated. They're the grown ups. Or at least they claim to be. Otherwise let the kids take the masks off. Forcing kids to mask up to protect adults who have access to a vaccine or N95s if they desire is punitive, insane and intellectually dishonest. But I wouldn't expect you or others of this mindset to have am intellectually honest discussion or apply critical thinking skills. You're too busy pretending to be moral authorities.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Then they can wear an N95 then and get vaccinated. They're the grown ups. Or at least they claim to be. Otherwise let the kids take the masks off. Forcing kids to mask up to protect adults who have access to a vaccine or N95s if they desire is punitive, insane and intellectually dishonest. But I wouldn't expect you or others of this mindset to have am intellectually honest discussion or apply critical thinking skills. You're too busy pretending to be moral authorities.
You talk about "intellectually honest" conversations while throwing insults at the teachers and to people who disagree with you.

Seems legit (y)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
lol, so what changed all of a sudden? Here's another pro-lockdown guy doing a 180 and saying stuff that was to me called "conspiracy talk" not long ago:

So Natural Immunity is a big thing now eh?

Since when has natural immunity been conspiracy talk?
And what changed all of a sudden ... Omicron a highly contagious but far less dangerous variant becoming the vastly dominant variant.

Last edited:
COVID vaccinations aren’t permanent either. The CDC chart shows a person who recovered from COVID is somewhat better protected than a person who never got COVID but was vaccinated.

The permanent removal of 900 thousand people who never 'recovered from COVID' makes this group look better.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
lol, so what changed all of a sudden? Here's another pro-lockdown guy doing a 180 and saying stuff that was to me called "conspiracy talk" not long ago:

So Natural Immunity is a big thing now eh?

Are you insinuating a conspiracy (instead of, you know, changing circumstances) is behind the policy change? Perhaps that's why people have labelled you as a conspiracy theorist?

I get that its important to ask questions, but you should be at least somewhat interested in the answer. If you had run a quick google search you would have learned that the mandate was set to expire on Feb 15th anyways and hasn't been extended because case numbers are down and hospital utilization rates are stable.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

RAÏSanÏa

This is one of the first things I noticed when mask mandates were introduced. Elite members of society walking around bare faced while surrounded by muzzled up servants. Tons of examples over the last two years.

When I see shit like that, it’s hard not to feel like there were ulterior motives going on.
That's a lot to pull out of one picture with no context.

GooseMan69

That's a lot to pull out of one picture with no context.

I believe the context was Obama’s birthday party he hosted to a bunch of rich douchebags, all maskless, while the 200 overworked, underpaid servers were forced to mask up.

But I could be wrong. Maybe it was a DIFFERENT event where a ludicrously wealthy politician lorded over their peasant servants.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

I believe the context was Obama’s birthday party he hosted to a bunch of rich douchebags, all maskless, while the 200 overworked, underpaid servers were forced to mask up.

But I could be wrong. Maybe it was a DIFFERENT event where a ludicrously wealthy politician lorded over their peasant servants.
Private company rules, maybe. Good of the "elites" not to abuse their power to overrule a business and its following local or state regulations.

Last edited:

GooseMan69

Private company rules, maybe. Good of the "elites" not to abuse their power to overrule a business and its following local or state regulations.

Good lord this is just sad lmao. They don’t care about you man. If you were on fire they wouldn’t piss on you to put it out.

Are you really gonna deny the blatant hypocrisy displayed by politicians and the like throughout this whole thing?

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Good lord this is just sad lmao. They don’t care about you man. If you were on fire they wouldn’t piss on you to put it out.
And I don't care about them either. That's not the point. Everyone looks to be following covid regulations and you're making things up so you can have a fit and giggle like an idiot.

GooseMan69

And I don't care about them either. That's not the point. Everyone looks to be following covid regulations and you're making things up so you can have a fit and giggle like an idiot.

There have numerous occasions of politicians bending and breaking their own dipshit rules and regulations my dude.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Study finds that infants of mRNA vaccinated mothers have much greater antibody persistence after six months (57%) than those born of mothers who were infected and symptomatic but not vaccinated (8%):

More good news as the end comes into sight for some countries.

RAÏSanÏa

This is not a protest, it is an occupation by an angry mob trying to disguise itself as a peaceful protest

We have seen an occupation of city streets and parks, disrupting workers, businesses and residents. Frontline workers, from retail to health workers, have been bullied and harassed. We have witnessed noise attacks keeping families up at all hours. We have seen right-wing extremists spreading messages filled with racism and intolerance, flying the Nazi and Confederate flags, alongside other symbols of violence and hate. We have seen organizers not only demand the end of all public health rules, but also call for the overthrow of our democratically elected government.

The leaders of this occupation include people who espoused Islamophobic, Anti-Semitic and racist hate on social media, organizers of the notorious far-right yellow vest protests, and people spreading extreme conspiracy theories and calls for violence. This is an attack on all of Canada and not just the people of Ottawa.

Canada’s unions stand together, unequivocally opposed to these vile and hateful messages and condemn the ongoing harassment and violence against the people of Ottawa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom