• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop: Tsuitou no Yakyoku pics [PS2]

MrDaravon

Was this the one that was originally supposed to come out last year in the states? I was looking forward to that and then it just dropped off the radar.

duckroll

Himuro said:
Wasn't this supposed to be out like 2 years ago?

More like a year maybe, but yeah it's been delayed forever. Finally resurfaced and set for actual release. Here are the pros and cons of the game imo:

+ New Yoko Kanno tracks
+ New Kawamoto designs
+ It's Bebop action on the PS2

- It's a Bandai game
- No new Bones anime FMVs
- No shooting stages

Udde

duckroll said:
More like a year maybe, but yeah it's been delayed forever. Finally resurfaced and set for actual release. Here are the pros and cons of the game imo:

+ New Yoko Kanno tracks
+ New Kawamoto designs
+ It's Bebop action on the PS2

- It's a Banpresto (pub. by Bandai) game
- No new Bones anime FMVs
- No shooting stages

fixed :p Bandai & CyberConnect2 for example is a different story :)

duckroll

Udde said:
fixed :p Bandai & CyberConnect2 for example is a different story :)

Erm, it is? Where does it say it's being developed by Banpresto? Hell where does it say that it's being developed by anyone? ^^;

Does Banpresto give it a better chance of being good though? Their SRW are great, but they recently made that Lupin game..And well...

As for my avatar, its Asami Konno.

Yeah I'm pretty disapointed that this game will only be a beat em' up...All the 3D beat em' ups I have played lately haven't been the most memorable games I've played. But I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out anyhow.

Azih

cowboy6.jpg

What the hell is this? This game will suck.

magicbox said:
Here are some new images of Bandai's Cowboy Bebop: Tsuitou no Yakyoku for PS2, the game is mission based, the missions will be divided into action, fighting and shooting.

sure it's not shooting

Bebpo

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Is Bandai the worst publisher in the industry or what?

No, they just a lot of anime licenses and the rule of thumb is that all anime based games have to be average or suck. Licensed games will sell no matter what the quality because they have a fan-base, so they get teams who can just pump out decent games quickly (well Bebop wasn't very quick, but still). Best thing to happen to anime games was when Namco's Ace Combat team took a shot at making a Gundam game....too bad it bombed in sales and that probably marked the end of "quality" anime games :\

Bebpo

Banned
Hero said:
Don't be hating the Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen games.

You mean the extremely shallow party fighters :p

Fun games, but they get by on nice graphics and simple play mechanics. They aren't really up there in the 'gameplay' department ^^;

ourumov

SolidSnakex said:
Does Banpresto give it a better chance of being good though? Their SRW are great, but they recently made that Lupin game..And well...

As for my avatar, its Asami Konno.
Banpresto and Bandai's 16 bit efforts were more than decent...They did really good games back then.

The thing is, a beat em' up just doesn't do Cowboy Bebop justice. The series is so varied, with all 26 episodes being completely different from each other. And as far as we know, this is just going to be a straight forward beat em' up.

But quite honestly, I'm such a big Bebop fan, I'll probably buy it, just to support the franchise.

ToyMachine228 said:
The thing is, a beat em' up just doesn't do Cowboy Bebop justice. The series is so varied, with all 26 episodes being completely different from each other. And as far as we know, this is just going to be a straight forward beat em' up.

But quite honestly, I'm such a big Bebop fan, I'll probably buy it, just to support the franchise.

The original PSX game was a 3rd person flight sim / piece of crap, so this is a big improvement no matter how it ends up.

Top Bottom