• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot title to launch alongside PS5 supposedly.

Huge grain of salt, haven't seen it on GAF. A Portuguese journalist who for once, I've heard of (think he talked about the Days Gone Portuguese Deacon passing away) claims the game has been in development for 3 years. To be revealed in May or June.

It kind of makes sense. CB:NST was a huge success on PS4. Clearly there is a market for it. Development time seems about right. We'll know soon enough if it's real or hearsay. Working on mobile so I can't make the best OP.

Source

Bryank75

Banned
Huge grain of salt, haven't seen it on GAF. A Portuguese journalist who for once, I've heard of (think he talked about the Days Gone Portuguese Deacon passing away) claims the game has been in development for 3 years. To be revealed in May or June.

It kind of makes sense. CB:NST was a huge success on PS4. Clearly there is a market for it. Development time seems about right. We'll know soon enough if it's real or hearsay. Working on mobile so I can't make the best OP.

Source
I thought a Ratchet and Clank would be a launch or close to launch game, since they own it now but Crash is probably a more popular character...so maybe!

GodofWhimsy

I'm a fan of the idea, can't lie, but I'm not sure what they could pull of that would impress the masses with a new crash title. Personally? I want a Twinsanity style Wompa Island hub world that I can freely explore, with doors/gateways that lead to traditional Crash style stages. Maybe even a few kart based stages that could be thrown into the mix for variety if I'm gonna be REAL ambitious.

Can't really see it selling consoles though. All of the stuff I listed could've been pulled of on PS2 never mind last gen. Maybe if they named it simply "Crash 4" to bait the casual players nostalgia. I think that title would make it clear that this is THE next substantial Crash game.

hyperbertha

Exciting if true. Most modern games just don't have the challenge crash games had because of you dying in one hit. Hope they don't change that.

I love crash and spyro but why would this matter. The remakes were a nostalgic request. Unless its going to be a PS5 exclusive with a Mario budget. If crash racing is any indication, Activision wants them microtransactions. Sony does need to make more games for kids though. All my baby sister plays is knack. Lol.

Shakka43

It's due time for Crash to hop into a new adventure. Releasing as a launch title for PS5 seems like a smart idea even if it ends up being Cross platform.

D.Final

Banned

Source

I wish for a new Crash game for so long

Top Bottom