• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 $10 with free steelbook at Best Buy (PS4 and X1)

I bought it a months ago for $20, got half way through and got bored. Just traded it in yesterday and got most of my money back. It’s not worth it IMO unless you really don’t have anything better to play. Doubt the next gen upgrade will be out anytime soon either.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
$10 is worth having a copy of the worst version possible if you ever want to install it offline and go glitch hunting.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Easy buy, I have the Steelbook.
It's shit though

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So what's the deal that CDPR said about getting the PS5 version? Is that next year? And will I be able to upgrade for free?

intbal

Tried to checkout. Says the steelbook case is no longer available.
I'll just continue waiting until the Definitive Edition releases with all the patches included on disc.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I ordered this online when it was last on sale for $20. They shipped the game to me but the only option for the steelbook was store pick up. Like I am going to drive to a store for a Cyberpunk steelbook. Ended up just leaving it there.

MarkMe2525

I have to say that even with the occasional fuckaroo the game would throw my way, I really enjoyed the story. Dare I even say I wept during one of the three endings I experienced. Nothing new though, kids movies make me shed a tear or two.

Interfectum

Ok GIF

Interesting. This Best Buy deal ends in 15 hours. I wonder "WHEN" they'll make their annoucement....

As you can see through the announcement just below, the Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.3 livestream is going to be taking place later today on August 17. The livestream will be kicking off at approximately 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET/5 p.m. BST, and you can tune into CD Projekt's Twitch channel at that time to catch the livestream in full.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Too bad for me, for having digital only console :(

It was to be expected but I do miss physical game sales. The cheapest I've seen cyberpunk going is 30% off.

Anyway, it's just cyberpunk :p

mckmas8808

Too bad for me, for having digital only console :(

It was to be expected but I do miss physical game sales. The cheapest I've seen cyberpunk going is 30% off.

Anyway, it's just cyberpunk :p

And this is the NUMBER 1 reason why I went with the disc PS5. I never wanted to miss out of disc deals or if a friend or family member would just let me borrow a game.

Neilg

So the PS5 upgrade will be free, when it's released?

They last said this before the game was actually released.

I bet there are some people at CDPR regretting saying that now, wishing they could charge again given how poorly it sold and that warehouses full of disks have undercut the cost.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a small upgrade charge - or the next gen version bundled with 'essential' story DLC at $30.

I bet there are some people at CDPR regretting saying that now, wishing they could charge again given how poorly it sold and that warehouses full of disks have undercut the cost.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a small upgrade charge - or the next gen version bundled with 'essential' story DLC at $30.
It was smart to give the next gen update for free because I bet most of the people buying the game now is only doing it to get the free upgrade.

If they didn't have the free upgrade this would be a hard sell at this point.

mckmas8808

Holy shit. When was the last time a big name game was dumped for $10 after 8 months? Even includes a steelcase.

At $10, even if you hate it, you can surely dump it off somewhere for that or more.

NWEuDHo.jpg

It's sad bro. How the mighty have fallen.

intbal

Holy shit. When was the last time a big name game was dumped for $10 after 8 months? Even includes a steelcase.

At $10, even if you hate it, you can surely dump it off somewhere for that or more.

It doesn't. Not any more. If you place an order now, it says the steelbook is no longer available. So you're just buying the game for $10.
Better to hold out and hope for a better release.

I would have hopped on this if they shipped but only store pickup is offered and the closest one is an hour away , I would spend that much on gas to pickup not to mention spend 2 plus hours of my precious time.

Oh well.

I find it pretty hilarious that a deal breaker on a $10 game is not having the steelbook. CDPR deserve every bit of hate, this games release was a complete shitshow.

mckmas8808

I would have hopped on this if they shipped but only store pickup is offered and the closest one is an hour away , I would spend that much on gas to pickup not to mention spend 2 plus hours of my precious time.

Oh well.

Dude.................where do you live? LOL!

Umbasaborne

Banned
How did CDPR fall and crash this hard? They took everything they made fun of about other developers and publishers and did it themselves, multipled by ten.
Ive never seen a developer kill their reputation that fast before, maybe bungie after destiny’s initial launch, but they took care of that much quicker

Umbasaborne

Banned

I think that next gen upgrade got pushed internally to next year.

Dude.................where do you live? LOL!
Out in the country. There's a Wally World 20 mins away but the Best Buys are fewer and far between. Kinda odd since BB usually ships for most deals to me no prob.

Hopefully by black Friday I can score this game , red dead 2 , and last of us ll for $10 a piece.

Top Bottom