• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Could Possibly Come to PS5 And Series X This Year

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier

the statement comes from the game’s support team on Facebook, who has been answering fans’ questions over the past year. One fan asked whether or not we’ll see Cyberpunk 2077 release on PS5 and Series X and the answer was surprisingly optimistic. According to the representative, Cyberpunk 2077 will possibly release on next-gen consoles. However, their main focus is still on the current generation of consoles. This comes as a contradiction to what the studio said last year but, if development is going smoothly, they might consider the possibility again.

Xx3g420.jpg

why not a next gen game ?

i'm confused , shouldn't they built it for next gen from the start ? if they really want to release it for next gen

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Of course it is and they won’t confirm it because they don’t want to impact sales by people holding off buying until nextgen.
THis is literally the opposite of what you would expect. If it was coming to next gen it would make no sense to let anyone believe that it would come to next gen. They are far better off in terms of sales of leading people to believe it will come out only this gen.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, im hoping Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed to November and becomes a cross-gen launch title. Everyone still gets to play the game and those who want to play it on next gen hardware can do so without waiting for the port. For CDPR, they wouldn't lose anything as the game would still be in their fiscal year plus releasing the game once for all platforms means they would only have to market the game once and save a lot of money in the process.

Gargus

Banned
Basically forced to double dip on this game.

Or just wait a bit and see. That's what I doing. I rarely pay msrp for a game anymore unless I am getting something cool with it for a reasonable the sekiro collectors edition. Like resident evil 2 I wanted to play it but hell I didn't till it was 20 bucks on black Friday last year. I always have a backlog of games so I always wait for a bit for price drops, not to mention inevitable patches and fixes for stuff, etc.

In this case I'll wait till cyberpunk is like 25 or 30 bucks and if I don't hear about a ps5 version shortly after it hits that price point I'll get it.

Worst thing that happens is they release it later after I buy it but I won't be too upset, I still played the game.

EDMIX

Xx3g420.jpg

i'm confused , shouldn't they built it for next gen from the start ? if they really want to release it for next gen

Well they can't go back in time. I think this game was made clearly for current gen systems as its timeline of development shows.

They can't just go back and start changing a bunch of stuff just cause next gen systems are coming this year. That could legit push the development back even further for even LESS people to play for MORE MONEY as the team isn't working for free.

So I think its just timing. They are correct to just release it as is and simply have a remaster for next gen or something.

Think about it like this....Watchdogs also came to PS4 after PS3, like ACIV or even The Last Of Us.

Being on PS5 and XBSX doesn't mean it was built on those systems from the ground up. It will be a remaster likely.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Personally, im hoping Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed to November and becomes a cross-gen launch title. Everyone still gets to play the game and those who want to play it on next gen hardware can do so without waiting for the port. For CDPR, they wouldn't lose anything as the game would still be in their fiscal year plus releasing the game once for all platforms means they would only have to market the game once and save a lot of money in the process.

The money they would save would be pennies compared to the money they would gain by launching it twice.

Ryu Kaiba

Well they can't go back in time. I think this game was made clearly for current gen systems as its timeline of development shows.

They can't just go back and start changing a bunch of stuff just cause next gen systems are coming this year. That could legit push the development back even further for even LESS people to play for MORE MONEY as the team isn't working for free.

So I think its just timing. They are correct to just release it as is and simply have a remaster for next gen or something.

Think about it like this....Watchdogs also came to PS4 after PS3, like ACIV or even The Last Of Us.

Being on PS5 and XBSX doesn't mean it was built on those systems from the ground up. It will be a remaster likely.
Consoles are just PC's. You're getting the downgraded version this year and the max settings version after the new systems come out.

Because the first Cyberpunk trailer came out exactly 7 years ago. The current gen consoles released a month or two before that. Of course they arent thinking that far ahead. They wanted it for this generation, probably lot of behind the scenes hold up and insane popularity of Witcher 3 put things on hold but since day one this was a game for this gen. Also, why not double dip? GTA5 did it, TLOU did it.

Grinchy

Banned
Even if they were putting out a free patch to enhance the game on the new consoles, it's enough for me to wait on it.

Inviusx

As hard as it's going to be I'm going to hold off on Cyberpunk until PS5. I predict it will be a next gen launch title.

Dr.D00p

Seeing as this game will most likely need at least 6mths worth of post release patches to get it to the state it should have been at at launch, I'll definately be playing a waiting game on this.

Metnut

It’s a hard call for me. I have an OG PS4 and a laptop with a 1070. Also have a huge backlog and other games to play this year.

I feel like Cyberpunk is likely to take 3-4 months of patches after release before its close to optimal. As badly as I want this game, it might make sense for me to wait until PS5 to get it. For this to work, PS5 and Cyberpunk PS5 would both have to come out before the holidays in 2020 (I’m usually able to take a bit of time off around then as most of the company slows down).

mejin

game will run like shit on ps4, especially on bone s.

maybe Pro and especially bone X will be playable at launch.

Banned
they could start by making the Xbox one X version future proof. give options like unlocking the framerate and different quality options... then that should run better with no additional patch on Series X just as it is.

but a true next gen port with RT and better textures and stuff would be very nice... but till then I'll get it on PC

EDMIX

Consoles are just PC's. You're getting the downgraded version this year and the max settings version after the new systems come out.

lol most logical way of thinking about it.

I'm hype for the game, but not enough to buy it twice. I'm ok with my PS4 version and the only way I even see me playing it on PS5 is if it has some boosted update for BC or something.

Agreed 10000% regarding just releasing it twice.

I see zero benefit of them even delaying it to launch on systems it wasn't even designed for. Cyberpunk 2077 IS NOT SONY OR MS! They have no ode to delaying making money, to move units of someone else hardware. It doesn't even make sense. I don't even know of those asking for this have even sat back and thought of it.

Thank you for the common sense post too! Of course we are going to see some remaster, GOTY, enhanced version of it, BC has nothing to do with CDPR, they are a publisher that wants to make money, NOT Sony nor MS, thus the system being BC has nothing to do with their own plans to make some enhanced PS5 version.

Square released the ports to FFVII, FFVIII and FFXI on PS3 thru PSN, even though PS3 is BC to PS1. Sooooooo why would that matter to Square? Their job is to make money, not lose it. You being able to play your original copy of those games on PS3 has NOTHING to do with Squares end goal of making more money, thus...BC has no relevance to publishers looking to make money. So I'd side with them making a remaster and many publishers making remasters and ports despite BC, that is what we actually saw on MANY systems that had BC, heck we get enhanced versions of games on PC, that clearly have the original copys.

Last edited:

EDMIX

game will run like shit on ps4, especially on bone s.

maybe Pro and especially bone X will be playable at launch.

I doubt it. Its made for PS4 and XONE in the first place, Pro and X simply give you better resolution and frames, but it doesn't make a title only playable on that or something. This game was in development for waaaaay too many years to try to argue it was even made for those systems anyway. So its going to run easy on those systems as that is the base, it will simply run better on Pro and X. It would never even make sense to have it run like "shit" on those systems as that is the MAJORITY!

If thats even the cause, prepare for a awful metacritic score. If it runs like "shit" on the majority of systems, most will question why this team is unable to actually do that properly while other teams have no issue with development. They had 7 years to develop a game on theses base systems and it runs like "shit" in the end? You don't think that will reflect poorly on the team ability or lack there of? Folks will start to realize lack of 3rd person, missing feature etc might be linked to that "shit" performance too, as to suggest the team just isn't that good if they are unable to do this. So I think they will be fine and its doubtful the game will run poorly on PS4 and XONE.

If it does....that team is in for a world of hurt by the community. Many can over look Witcher 3's launch issues, it was their first major open world game and current gen title, they won't be as forgiving the second time around.

Ryu Kaiba

lol most logical way of thinking about it.

I'm hype for the game, but not enough to buy it twice. I'm ok with my PS4 version and the only way I even see me playing it on PS5 is if it has some boosted update for BC or something.

Agreed 10000% regarding just releasing it twice.

I see zero benefit of them even delaying it to launch on systems it wasn't even designed for. Cyberpunk 2077 IS NOT SONY OR MS! They have no ode to delaying making money, to move units of someone else hardware. It doesn't even make sense. I don't even know of those asking for this have even sat back and thought of it.

Thank you for the common sense post too! Of course we are going to see some remaster, GOTY, enhanced version of it, BC has nothing to do with CDPR, they are a publisher that wants to make money, NOT Sony nor MS, thus the system being BC has nothing to do with their own plans to make some enhanced PS5 version.

Square released the ports to FFVII, FFVIII and FFXI on PS3 thru PSN, even though PS3 is BC to PS1. Sooooooo why would that matter to Square? Their job is to make money, not lose it. You being able to play your original copy of those games on PS3 has NOTHING to do with Squares end goal of making more money, thus...BC has no relevance to publishers looking to make money. So I'd side with them making a remaster and many publishers making remasters and ports despite BC, that is what we actually saw on MANY systems that had BC, heck we get enhanced versions of games on PC, that clearly have the original copys.
You're making me feel bad about attacking assassins creed.

Top Bottom