• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I know PS5 Pro is coming but I think game development in the second half of this generation will be in PS5 favor vs Xbox Series X

onQ123

PS5 & Xbox Series X both have their strengths & weaknesses so the outcome will always depend on the games. With that said I think things are about to move heavily in PS5 favor moving forward .

The shackles of Cross Gen are finally coming off but the chances of developers focusing on Series X strengths keep getting slimer & PS5 has the user base to support developer's ambitions.

See you all in a few years when I quote this post

Last edited:

StereoVsn

itNLZFy.gif

SHA

You're comparing apples to oranges, This gen is different, we got fsr3 on top of a 33+ TF machine yet to be revealed, that's bananas.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

PS5 & Xbox Series X both have their strengths & weaknesses so the outcome will always depend on the games. With that said I think things are about to move heavily in PS5 favor moving forward .

The shackles of Cross Gen are finally coming off but the chances of developers focusing on Series X strengths keep getting slimer & PS5 has the user base to support developer's ambitions.

See you all in a few years when I quote this post
Not bad,but I wished you would have given some examples.

onQ123

do you even think Xbox is going to survive this year alone?
They will & I have more faith in Xbox Series than MS because I'm confused that they are making the moves they are making before the biggest game of the generation is released. GTAVI could actually shift the generation because it's Current Gen only & appeals to casual & hardcore gamers . Series S being the lowest hanging fruit would have actually worked out in that situation.

Fredrik

Everybody thinks this, no crystal ball needed here. I can bet my 20 year account that it goes that way.

onQ123

I'm just happy to see the PS5 finally getting some Xbox Series X hardware features :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Only reason PS5 Pro need that feature is because its only getting a small boost to its standard rendering pipeline.

PS5 didn't need it because with it's higher clockrate it's already pushing more triangles than Xbox Series X

onQ123

You're as transparent as tracing paper.
You might want to get back in that other thread & explain yourself lol

Rayderism

Hasn't MS already pretty much given up the console race in favor of PC and going 3rd party, they just haven't fully admitted/committed to it yet?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
* looks at sales numbers for both *

Do you really think so!? 😵‍💫

Last edited:

onQ123

Question is, when haven't they been focused on PS5 first? Did I miss a memo?

When was the Series X ever the focus?
You think devs started off this generation pushing games that will run terrible on PS4 , low end PCs , Xbox One & Xbox Series consoles just to take advantage of PS5 higher I/O bandwidth?

Top Bottom