• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed as CDPR’s 2nd AAA Title, Not Coming Until After 2021

WCCFcyberpunk20778.jpg

For some time now, CD Projekt Red has maintained that they’re working on a second AAA title on top of Cyberpunk 2077, but have never clarified what exactly that game is. Of course, many hoped it was a new entry in the Witcher franchise, but unfortunately, it seems the reality isn’t quite so exciting. Today CDPR confirmed to IGN that their second project is, in fact, Cyberpunk multiplayer. The studio first confirmed Cyberpunk 2077 would be getting multiplayer back in September via the following message

Until now, the only thing we said about multi was that it was in R&D. As we’re getting closer to launching ‘single player’ Cyberpunk 2077 in Apr. 2020, we’d like to confirm that multiplayer's in the works! The plan for now is to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in April, then follow up with DLCs (free!) and single player content, and — once we’re done — invite you for some multiplayer action.
It was expected that multiplayer would launch sometime in 2021, but, of course, the core single-player Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed to September. Given that, CD Projekt is now saying a 2021 release for multiplayer is unlikely.

Given the expected release of Cyberpunk 2077 in September, and speaking of a series of events we expect to occur after that date, 2021 appears unlikely as a release date for the Cyberpunk multiplayer.
So yeah, probably no Cyberpunk multiplayer until at least 2022. And if you were hoping for a new Witcher game any time soon, well…sorry about that! If I had to make a semi-educated guess, I’d say we’re looking at 2025 for the return of Geralt. Maaaybe 2024, but that would probably be a stretch. Good games take time, but man, the wait is going to be tough.

Cyberpunk 2077 will (hopefully) arrive on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on September 17.

Dory16

Banned
There won’t be a Witcher game this gen. Better to have that as an expectation than to be most certainly disappointed.
I hope they re-remaster the Witcher 3 for next gen. Locked 60 FPS. Thanks.

Ichabod

Banned
Releasing a stand alone multiplayer game so far behind the core game is...optimistic. I guess only time will tell if people come back for seconds or if everyone will have moved on by then.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Who da fook care about multyplayer in a game like this??

The shooting doesn't even looks that hot.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
This will own my soul, build your own crew with online friends take on Night City, sell drugs, do heists, take over territory, take our your rivals. PVE through private where only you and your friends can roam the city, or Public PVP, this is my jam. CDPR are gonna make a shitload of money with all the cool skins and selling card packs where you get higher ranked NPCs in your crew, they tag along when committing crimes or you can send them out on missions and depending on their stats that will determine how successful they. This is my shit!

GymWolf

Gold Member
This will own my soul, build your own crew with online friends take on Night City, sell drugs, do heists, take over territory, take our your rivals. PVE through private where only you and your friends can roam the city, or Public PVP, this is my jam. CDPR are gonna make a shitload of money with all the cool skins and selling card packs where you get higher ranked NPCs in your crew, they tag along when committing crimes or you can send them out on missions and depending on their stats that will determine how successful they. This is my shit!
Have they explained the multyplayer or these ar just your assumption??

GHG

Gold Member
Yawn. Not interested in multiplayer.

Don't turn out like Rockstar, please, CDPR.

That was my first thought. They are chasing the rockstar multilayer money.

Wont be surprised if the multilayer is structured similarly.

ethomaz

Banned
I said the TLOU2 situation will open precedent to everybody do the same lol
Nobody will put MP in games anymore but sell it later as a new game.

$$$

Yawn. Not interested in multiplayer.

Don't turn out like Rockstar, please, CDPR.
Before you have a full package with SP + MP at $60.
Now you have a full package with SP + MP at $120?

Feels good.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Meh, who the fuck cares about this shit? Why not make another SP game instead, has not Witcher III sell more than enough for you? What is this shit?!

magnumpy

eh I don't care about cyberpunk multiplayer. as long as the single player game is on point that's all I care about (y)

Reallink

Sounds like this is the sole focus of the studio and they're going all in on GAAS, banking on this being a Cyberpunk GTA. I don't expect we'll see any other IP or single player content from them for nearly a decade, possibly never.

Last edited:
Top Bottom