• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
You guys go with double jump or charge jump? Seems like charge jump goes higher but double jump can break falls if it’s not too big of a fall? 🤔

Fredrik

Lol just came upon this Demolition Man reference in the bathroom. :messenger_horns:

iof0UNv.jpg

there was this arcade game referencing Witcher III too

uubPXSZ.jpg
Haha that’s awesome! 😄👌

i cant imagine wanting to ignore side content after the entire world fell all over themselves for Witcher III for that very reason. one of the well known things about that game was that the side content is just as good and often better than the main story. plus, the more side stuff you do, the better of an ending you can get, apparently.

The side content like witcher hunts and other like side quests yes. The side-side content white markers on the map was trash encounters and trash loot.

nowhat

They create a style-lock on this game that makes it own the effect - like the way "The Matrix" locked down bullet-time👍
To each their own, to me the overuse of lens flares makes the game look like it was made by Michael Bay. That's not a good thing, in case it wasn't obvious.

JonkyDonk

So I made a few good decisions that suddenly made this game a lot more enjoyable for me. Firstly I gave up on the 60fps dream. It became clear that my CPU just can't handle it, no matter how much I lower resolution and settings, hitting a stable frame-rate was impossible. So I just locked it at 30fps, 1440p and all settings maxed. It's much more playable with a stable locked frame-rate and no need for big visual sacrifices.
I also gave up trying to always play this like Deus Ex, as in being stealthy and looking for alternate solutions. Instead I'm just gonna go with the flow and bring out the guns if the situation calls for it. The game is much better as a shooter than it is an RPG or stealth game anyway.
And finally I decided to buy a car. I had been waiting for the broken one to get fixed or some other car to come my way, but I gave up and just bought the cheapest thing I could find, and lo and behold the broken one was suddenly fixed too. So now I have 2 cars and it's much easier to get around, especially with the stable frame-rate letting me actually drive without feeling sick.

On a side note, I fucked that corpo chick Meredith and that was awesome!

Last edited:

K.S v2.0

Banned
i created a new character. nomad with focus on intel, reflexes, tech. i want to focus on hacking my way through and use katana as a back up. here she is:

yVl3Mbr.jpg

gaObreo.jpg

Not a good idea to start fresh with a intel/tech focus. You need very significant investment, both $ and perks wise, before it gets to 'wizard' tier where you can obliterate all.

Until you actually get to that point its extremely painful. I admittedly tried to go that route from the get go, and gave up coz I was just getting rekt too hard. Made a standard gun pew pew build until I had funds and enough banked levels etc, then bought a perk reset and got it to work that way.

K.S v2.0

Banned
rockstar have their work cut out for them when it comes to designing GTA VI map. Night City is so damn impressive.

Took CDPR 7 years to build the city, supposedly. Rockstar have a lot more resources so they can probably do it in shorter time, coz they can leverage all their studio branches to split the workload.

But yeah, they definitely have their work cut out for them. CDPR will continue to patch/fix/update the game like with Witcher 3, and it will go down in history as one of the greatest, most ambitious open-world games ever.

What do i do with all The Quick hacks you get from hacking into all these substations etc? Still havent figured that out and cant find them in inventory.

K.S v2.0

Banned
What do i do with all The Quick hacks you get from hacking into all these substations etc? Still havent figured that out and cant find them in inventory.

You slot them into your OS chip.

Go into Inventory -> Cyberware, then click on your OS chip and you can slot them there. Max is 6 slots on the top tier chips.

Shouta

I also gave up trying to always play this like Deus Ex, as in being stealthy and looking for alternate solutions. Instead I'm just gonna go with the flow and bring out the guns if the situation calls for it. The game is much better as a shooter than it is an RPG or stealth game anyway.
And finally I decided to buy a car. I had been waiting for the broken one to get fixed or some other car to come my way, but I gave up and just bought the cheapest thing I could find, and lo and behold the broken one was suddenly fixed too. So now I have 2 cars and it's much easier to get around, especially with the stable frame-rate letting me actually drive without feeling sick.

On a side note, I fucked that corpo chick Meredith and that was awesome!

Stealth is pretty fun in this if you got the setup for it. I've been doing a lot with my build and man, Ping/Reboot Optics quickhacks helps so much. Those plus distractions make it possible. However, going guns ablazing when necessary is pretty nice too, heh.

I didn't even know Meredith was a recurring character after that initial mission. I decided to betray her so she hasn't showed up for me at all. I have stuff to look forward to on a second playthrough.

Anyway, I just found the recipe for this and crafted it, I popped in two of my damage mods and man, this thing is wild for where I am right now. It's only one shot per reload but it's a smart sniper rilfe so I just gotta get the targeting dot to show up on the head and it'll home in for the headshot. It was popping enemy heads off clean for 9k. This and the smart assault rifle I picked up from a mission with the 6th Street Gang has really upgraded my weapons now. I was stuck in a 10-hour rut with no upgrades I liked, lol.

cqiFRtW.png

K.S v2.0

Banned
Since I've been talking about 'end game' wizard tier Netrunner stuff, figure I'll show some of it:

This is my current OS chip, its fucking broken tier for pure Netrunners:

This is my loadout:

Finally the cure for "ma'am"tal illness I wish existed IRL:

The RAM costs seem high, but with proper kit and build, the highest cost is 5 RAM, and it regenerates damn near instantly.

With this specific ability, all the hacks become AoE.

I literally take out entire groups by just LOOKING at them, it feels so, SO god damn powerful.

Since I've been talking about 'end game' wizard tier Netrunner stuff, figure I'll show some of it:

This is my loadout:

The RAM costs seem high, but with proper kit and build, the highest cost is 5 RAM, and it regenerates damn near instantly.

I literally take out entire groups by just LOOKING at them, it feels so, SO god damn powerful.

Seems kinda magic in Demon's Souls OP?

K.S v2.0

Banned
Seems kinda magic in Demon's Souls OP?

Pretty much, yup.

The only catch is trying to get here from the beginning on a fresh run is almost damn near impossible, coz its too 'reverse S curve'. This sorta build is an endgame use-a-perk-reset-into build IMO. If you manage to do it 'clean' on a fresh run, then you're damn sight a MUCH better player than I.

You guys go with double jump or charge jump? Seems like charge jump goes higher but double jump can break falls if it’s not too big of a fall? 🤔
Go double jump. You can traverse the city at ridiculous speeds with it and it helps to get a good vantage point before you engage your enemies.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Go double jump. You can traverse the city at ridiculous speeds with it and it helps to get a good vantage point before you engage your enemies.

Remember double jump and charge jump are first tier (rare). There's two more tiers above :)

This is 2nd tier of charge jump:

Jump no longer requires a charge, jumping and holding A immediately propels you to max height AND gives you a pseudo glide effect. I'm still trying to find the final tier...

Stuart360

I have to say i do find it impressive how quests can change depending on what you chose to say, annoyingly so though sometimes, as outcomes have happened that i didnt expect or want. I have been watching a couple of streamers play this and many of the quests have turned out different for me, compared to them.

The real star of the show though is the city, the way it looks. Everything else, not so much for me so far (18 hours in).

I have to say i do find it impressive how quests can change depending on what you chose to say, annoyingly so though sometimes, as outcomes have happened that i didnt expect or want. I have been watching a couple of streamers play this and many of the quests have turned out different for me, compared to them.

The real star of the show though is the city, the way it looks. Everything else, not so much for me so far (18 hours in).

I feel like part of the fun is how easily a quest can go wrong because you make the wrong choice, though, but then again I'm fine with multiple play throughs, I have over 600 hours of play time in Fallout New Vegas, for instance.

djinferno807

Neo Member
I saw a person say the game is better if you mainline the main quest..... this one of the worst takes I seen. The side-quests in this game can be showcase levels for other games.

That's literally what that idiot from gamespot did when she reviewed it.

Raphael

Is crafting worth it?
Doesnt seem to be worth the investment so far for me. Its easier to find better gear than to pay the cost of components. Stims and grandaes have been the only good things coming from it, maybe some weapon mods.
Tech weapons however are working freaking great for me.

Last edited:

Pakoe

This is my loadout:

HOLY SHIT! This is exactly the type of build i'm going for, thanks for showing what's possible. I need that shit.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I feel like part of the fun is how easily a quest can go wrong because you make the wrong choice, though, but then again I'm fine with multiple play throughs, I have over 600 hours of play time in Fallout New Vegas, for instance.
Well i dont mind fucking up as such, just make it a touch more obvious what your choice is going to do. Like i wanted to buy the spider bot off the Maelstrom, i wanted to buy it fair and square and get out of their and move on. At one point in the convo with Royce (is it Royce?), i picked 'can you cut us a deal' option as technically Dex had already paid for it, and they instantly turned on me and started attacking me lol. Now Royce is dead, and i know he turns up in later missions, and now he wont for me, so i may not even get those missions now lol.
I mean i could of just reloaded but yeah.

scalman

and here i am 27 hrs and berely doing any main missions mostly sides and exploring, went back to desert as well, did some missions there, pretty cool area. some missions that says same moderate difficulty are much more harder then others on other city areas, wonder why, just enemies more spungy for bullets there, gues i stay away from those areas then, just dying fast for some reason, then go to other place same moderate difficulty and all is good again.

Well i dont mind fucking up as such, just make it a touch more obvious what your choice is going to do. Like i wanted to buy the spider bot off the Maelstrom, i wanted to buy it fair and square and get out of their and move on. At one point in the convo with Royce (is it Royce?), i picked 'can you cut us a deal' option as technically Dex had already paid for it, and they instantly turned on me and started attacking me lol. Now Royce is dead, and i know he turns up in later missions, and now he wont for me, so i may not even get those missions now lol.
I mean i could of just reloaded but yeah.

Nah man I'm not with you, this is part of the fun, you gotta read the room and figure out what approach works best on what characters. If you want to just play through the campaign once I sympathize but for some of us this is exactly what we wanted.

Fredrik

> starts to play the game
> just finished the first main mission
> getting used to game play mechanics
> addicted in side quests

GOTY
Lol yeah I’ve played until Night City three times with different characters, by the time I reached the appartment after the rescue mission last night I was thinking about GOTY as well. I guess it’ll be Cyberpunk or Ori for me. Marvelous game 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom