• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition Launch Trailer Released

Bartski

Gold Member
Just imagine how big a phenomenon Cyberpunk 2077 could have been if it had launched with the v2.1-version ....
yeah, I played 2.0 for over 60 hours now and I've seen 2 bugs, both related to quick resume on the Xbox.

It's still janky in places and has core design flaws of the original but it's clear as day it needed 3 more years in the oven.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I've never played this because I've been waiting for this complete edition.

This is the one game going on my Christmas list.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I have about 30 hours in it. Haven't touched it since last year. Should I just start over or jump back in, try to figure everything out and continue?

FUBARx89

Downloading 2.02 now. I've got 200 odd hours on it since the next gen version launched and it was in a miles better state then than it was at launch. 2.0 made it the game it always should of been. This is just a bonus to an amazing game.

Looking forward to Smasher in new patch. Didn't they improve him in 2.0 aswell?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Just imagine how big a phenomenon Cyberpunk 2077 could have been if it had launched with the v2.1-version ....
Yep. They could have worked on that online portion and possibly be on their way to become half as big as GTA. Maybe with the next one in 10 years.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Don't think so. I cranked it to Very Hard and tried to get killed to get the suicide ending but Adam Smasher literally couldn't kill me. I stood there taking his shotgun blasts, turrets, and RPGs to the face and just couldn't die.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I loaded it up today, the metro system is as advertised. I saw a bit more polish here and there but nothing groundbreaking. This is likely going to be the last "major" update for this game, unless CDPR has a change of heart, so yea I highly recommend the game to anyone, it's one of the best games out there right now. I've played it for 50+ hours since Thanksgiving and will probably end up playing it another 50 more. It's just really excellent, an incredible experience. Despite coming out in 2020 and launching on PS4/Xbox One, it is one of the few games out there that really does feel current gen, modern, and a step ahead of other titles.

I didn't get on with Witcher 3 either, although I do plan on giving that another try.

Downloading 2.02 now. I've got 200 odd hours on it since the next gen version launched and it was in a miles better state then than it was at launch. 2.0 made it the game it always should of been. This is just a bonus to an amazing game.

No, in the 2.1 patch that just came out this morning.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Yep. They could have worked on that online portion and possibly be on their way to become half as big as GTA. Maybe with the next one in 10 years.

It will definitely go there when it comes to brand recognition, sales etc.
I mean, there's this push with all the new promo material (NC stories on YouTube), the highly received Expansion , Edgerunners anime, all the new features /fixes etc...it's obvious that they're going all in , it's just crazy - and this comes from someone that just "jumped in" (again).
First time was on an XSX with the release of the 1.5 patch, didn't really click with me since I felt that I was mostly "on rails" if that makes sense and dropped it after 15 hours.

Enter late September of 2023 and...I bought it again due to the 2.0 patch hype on the PS5 and man, maybe it's just me but this feels like a whole new game dammit, I just love losing myself in this world, doing side quest, riding bikes etc...already put 50 hours in it and I'm enjoying it immesenly, can't wait to finish it and jump into Phantom Liberty.

Really nice game, shame that it released in that state, anyway...

Top Bottom