• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 | Update 2.0 Update Stream | Gamescom 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
F4TC79SXAAAc0EO

Tune in for a new episode of REDstreams, where our hosts, together with their guests, Kacper Niepokólczycki (Lead Environment Artist) and Gabe Amatangelo (Game Director), will dive deeper into the new features coming to #Cyberpunk2077 and the #PhantomLiberty expansion

Eh, Im still at work so Ill watch but based on that trailer everything I hoped isnt going to be in the game, just crumbs of stuff.

What were you expecting? Shouldn't have got your hopes too high.

Lifepath impacting the game like they should, more explorable places/interiors in the base game, many more side quests in the main game not the cop/activities stuff, but like side quests like the one with the detective, revamping stealth and its rewards, making nonlethal harder but more rewarding like in Deus Ex games, animation fixes are still janky/delayed, better weather system, better room improvements, better rewards and items, etc. I mean I guess I'll see in a few minutes but the lifepath thing is still irritating me.

Hugare

Watching

If I heard it right, the Relic skill tree is locked to the DLC

That's not good. Not good at all.

I'm getting the DLC, but this being locked to the DLC is bad.

It's tied to the DLC story, but its something that they could have implemented on the main campaign so everyone could enjoy

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching

If I heard it right, the Relic skill tree is locked to the DLC

That's not good. Not good at all.

I'm getting the DLC, but this being locked to the DLC is bad.

It's tied to the DLC story, but its something that they could have implemented on the main campaign so everyone could enjoy

It's DLC. They have DLC to sell. Of course some elements would be only available to people who bought the DLC, just like Dogtown itself.

Hugare

It's DLC. They have DLC to sell. Of course some elements would be only available to people who bought the DLC, just like Dogtown itself.
Obviously

But I dont think that the DLC would lack content if they offered this to all players. Seems like it has almost the same amount of content as Blood and Wine from TW3.

Locking gameplay related stuff to a DLC isn't cool, imo. Dont remember of a game that has done it before (tho I'm sure that there were some that I'm not remembering)

Sintoid

I started it a few months ago but one of the reasons that led me to drop it was actually the upgrades interface. If they are going to upgrade it I will be happy to start it again

Hugare

I have one for you: The Witcher III.
I knew that someone was gonna mention it lol

It had what? Mutagens in Blood and Wine and something just as small for Heart of Stone that I cant even remember right now

Those pale in comparison to the relic abilities shown in the stream, imo

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I knew that someone was gonna mention it lol

It had what? Mutagens in Blood and Wine and something just as small for Heart of Stone that I cant even remember right now

Those pale in comparison to the relic abilities shown in the stream, imo

Mutations from Blood and Wine are literally a fantasy version of the Relic skill tree.

Hugare

Mutations from Blood and Wine are literally a fantasy version of the Relic skill tree.

C'mon, they are just stats buff/debuff

No unique animations/finishers, no throwing enemies into another with your hands, no "fury" mode, no teleportations and etc.

The gameplay is the same

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
C'mon, they are just stats buff/debuff

No unique animations/finishers, no throwing enemies into another with your hands, no "fury" mode, no teleportations and etc.

The gameplay is the same

How about Enchanting then? It fits your super fucking weird criteria. Unique animations and all, like in case of Rotation.

Hugare

How about Enchanting then? It fits your super fucking weird criteria. Unique animations and all, like in case of Rotation.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

You really saying that any of this shit in the video is comparable to throwing enemies with your bare hands, for instance?

C'mon, man

I've completed TW 3 more than a few times, same for the DLCs. There's nothing comparable to what was shown as being added with the Relic abilities.

You're joking, right?

I would seriously want some examples, 'cause I cant remember them (read the last part. I was aware that I could be wrong)

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I would seriously want some examples, 'cause I cant remember them (read the last part. I was aware that I could be wrong)

Dude, it's almost every DLC ever released. That's the entire point of a DLC. To expand on the main game. Are you seriously, serious?

zeroluck

The relic tree is unlocked by exploring dogtown, it is integral to the design, it would be lame if you only get some passive stats or cosmetics.

Zheph

Why is it even a debate? You get plenty of new stuff for free and some new abilities are under a DLC... how is that wild?

ZehDon

Gold Member
Back when DLC was called "Mission Packs", for games like Quake, they'd include new weapons, power ups and enemies. These gameplay elements were never patched into the base games, because those games weren't created with those elements in mind. Fast forward to the Xbox 360 days, and some of the pioneers of "DLC" - like Oblivion - locked gameplay behind these DLCs, such as adding new weapons, enemies, effects, and other gameplay items. MMOs often lock entire new gameplay systems behind their expansion packs. Today, you'd be hard-pressed to find a game with content DLC where that DLC doesn't include gameplay alterations.

Reaseru

I wish they could add a 3rd person/over the shoulder view option in a future update. I dont mind if the cutscenes retain 1st person...

Roni

Gold Member
If you have a 3090 or above, highly recommend it in VR. It's otherworldly.

I have said this since first person only was announced: it's a matter of time until Cyberpunk 2077 gets a VR port. It's one of the main reasons they aren't bothering with a third person perspective.

Top Bottom