• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started watching this with my husband and while it's the first anime I've watched in a long time, I'm astonished at how much I love it. Just came in here to say that and to subscribe to discuss latter as I don't want to get spoiled because I'm only caught up to the dub.

tbt, a lot of things would make a lot more sense if Tengen became a despair from it /shrugs

It would've, but sadly Kodaka wanted to stick in a hamfisted example of hope being bad at the last minute. This is despite just about every DR story after the first already having presented that idea in far more effective and chilling ways (0 & 2 especially shat all over HPA). But I guess we needed to make the DR2 cast as blameless as possible while getting as many redemption points as they could at the end so there ya go.

Alternatively they could've spent more time developing the ideas presented at the end and fodder characters that they introduced in this anime, as well as done a better job foreshadowing and putting thought into his grand scheme. It might've been more interesting if it didn't feel so rushed and ill thought out.

There needs to be a Danganronpa fighting game.

DR1 - Makoto, Kyoko, Junko, Monokuma, Sakura, Mukuro, Toko/Genocider, Mondo
DR2 - Monomi, Nagito, Chiaki, Peko, Nidai, Akane, Gundham, Ultimate Imposter who would just be a random character's moveset when you picked him
DR0 - Madarai
DR3 - Juzo, Munakata, Seiko
DRAE - Komaru

Izuru would be the broken boss character you can't play as who chains together everyones moves in busted ways. Everyone else can be a support character.

From DR3 you could also add Miayabot, Tengan, Great Gozu and if you really felt like acknowledging his existence Izayoi. Monaca could also work as a puppet fighter with her robots or just Miaya.

Permanently A

DR2 - Monomi, Nagito, Chiaki, Peko, Nidai, Akane, Gundham, Ultimate Imposter who would just be a random character's moveset when you picked him
DR0 - Madarai
DRAE - Komaru

Izuru would be the broken boss character you can't play as who chains together everyones moves in busted ways. Everyone else can be a support character.

It would be dope if the game wasn't too strictly balanced and everyone's talent had a gameplay effect. Like Nagito always lands crits because he's lucky, Junko lets herself get hit to increase her despair meter, Gundham has the most over the top bullshit attacks, Makoto has random tripping for both him and the opponent. It would be so stupid and fun.

FluxWaveZ

It would be dope if the game wasn't too strictly balanced and everyone's talent had a gameplay effect. Like Nagito always lands crits because he's lucky, Junko lets herself get hit to increase her despair meter, Gundham has the most over the top bullshit attacks, Makoto has random tripping for both him and the opponent. It would be so stupid and fun.

Better to have a balanced fighting game that also conveys the characters' talents in unique ways than an unbalanced one that goes the Jojo's CC2 route that people quickly drop and critically admonish.

ChrisD

Nagito's gimmick would be that he could cause debuffs to occur to him that cause other stats to be buffed.

Complete with voice lines about how unlucky he is if, say, his movement speed drops. But then, you hit the enemy and deal extra damage, to which he laughs at, along with a line about how his luck is still here after all.

How did Kirigiri know the drug did what it does and yet Seiko never mentioned it at all? Wouldn't she want everyone to take it?

She saw seiko in the first room and examined her body afterwards ? She took a bet because the other option wasn't possible for her. Makoto luck then happenned

Naegi should play similar to Jean/Phoenix in mvc3. Dude is useless in his normal form but when he gets down to like one hit left he transforms into ultimate hope and starts spamming giant hope bullets all over the screen, slows down time with infinite focus, and has exploding hangman's gambit super armor.

Eh well this actually fits Hinata more since he literally has a super saiyan form.

Eumi

Makoto would definitely be a zoning character. Keep them away and spam truth bullets.

The real question is how would Hajime differ? He's kinda just a worse Makoto until he goes Super Sayan Hope.

Btw, it's pretty much confirmed now that that's Hajime accessing his Izuru talents, right? I mean I kind of like that a little less but his eyes do turn red when he does it.

FStubbs

DR0 - Madarai
DRAE - Komaru

I can't play as Izayoi or Great Gozu?

pretty fucked up how it's 2016 and there's still no DR fighting game

i don't own a copy of it so i dunno the context, but apparently there's a piece of concept art in the DR:AE artbook showing genocider and peko clashing swords that seems to be a concept for some kind of 3D head to head action game. the subtitle says "danganronpa series characters battle to see who's strongest". then there's also some DR1 art that shows, like, a mock fighting game. so at the very least it definitely seems like an idea they're interested in.

PK Gaming

DR0 - Madarai
DRAE - Komaru

Your roster is missing a crucial character

latest

You're going to get Danganronpa Warriors from Koei Tecmo and you will like it!

being izuru, defeating cannon fodder and hearing tsumaranai sounds like a great game

honestly i think almost every character has something workable for them to be in a fighting game

and this doesn't even count that we have a bunch of new folks in NDRV3 too

I think you could have every student from 1, 2, and 3 and have a varied roster.

The only characters I don't think should be their own characters are Peko and Fuyuhiko. Fuyuhiko doesn't really fight after all.

pretty fucked up how it's 2016 and there's still no DR fighting game

i don't own a copy of it so i dunno the context, but apparently there's a piece of concept art in the DR:AE artbook showing genocider and peko clashing swords that seems to be a concept for some kind of 3D head to head action game. the subtitle says "danganronpa series characters battle to see who's strongest". then there's also some DR1 art that shows, like, a mock fighting game. so at the very least it definitely seems like an idea they're interested in.

DR has existed for what, four years? Persona has existed for 12 before it finally got a fighting game. :p We need to wait eight more years before we can get a fighting game

I think you could have every student from 1, 2, and 3 and have a varied roster.

The only characters I don't think should be their own characters are Peko and Fuyuhiko. Fuyuhiko doesn't really fight after all.

Fuyuhiko could just be a variation on how Togami will probably fight, send out nicely dressed guys to attack for him. Probably a little less smack foes with fistfuls of cash.

I mean I guess if you want to cut down on number of characters but keep everyone playable do pairs like Peko and Fuyuhiko, Mondo and Ishimaru, Mahiru with Ibuki or Hiyoko, Sonia and Gundham, etc, etc

Verelios

Fuyuhiko could just be a variation on how Togami will probably fight, send out nicely dressed guys to attack for him. Probably a little less smack foes with fistfuls of cash.

I mean I guess if you want to cut down on number of characters but keep everyone playable do pairs like Peko and Fuyuhiko, Mondo and Ishimaru, Mahiru with Ibuki or Hiyoko, Sonia and Gundham, etc, etc
Fuyuhiko and Peko should play like Carl and Relius Clover from BlazBlue, that way you don't have to do pairs.

PK Gaming

Dont think you could make him more different from Naegi, and Izuru would be the final boss

Makoto focuses on being the Ultimate Hope and some luck related moves
Hajime has the sword duel and logic dive mechanics, as well as his super saiyan form

As for Izuru being the final boss...

1J7eOmI.png

Personally, I view it as a deconstruction of hero/heroine. Heroine is usually treated as the second-tier character to the hero - like, do we so often call Ripley the heroine of Alien? So in this case, it makes fun of the fact that Naegi is trying to categorize on that logic, when in fact Kirigiri is more significant and more powerful than he is (at the time, anyway).

I didn't do that with bad intention. It's just that since that episode, I have seen a lot of fanart of those two with the typical heroine part played by Sakakura, with all the stereotypes that carries.

Sorry if I offended you.
It's alright, I wasn't offended.

I think it's fine to show Juzo and Kyosuke in cutesy type situations, in fact I'd encourage it. But in a romantic relationship between two men, there's no "female" role. It's a lame misnomer that generally only serves to derogate the couple.

Permanently A

lol

"Enraged Japanese people gave DR3 arcs a set of despair nicknames.

Zirai-hen(landmine arc) or Mikan-hen(incomplete arc) for Mirai-hen
Sitsubou-hen(disappointment arc) for Zetsubou-hen
Kyomou-hen(nihil arc) for Kibou-hen"

So apparently Spike Chunsoft is implying to fans online that Juzo's status, post DR3, is ambiguous.

Edit: The citation was removed.

So I'm just gonna go with he lives, and Kyosuke makes amends with him, and that they live happily ever after, because Ryota is horrible, and an actually interesting new character needs to survive that mess.

Eumi

So apparently Spike Chunsoft is implying to fans online that Juzo's status, post DR3, is ambiguous.

So I'm just gonna go with he lives, and Kyosuke makes amends with him, and that they live happily ever after, because Ryota is horrible, and an actually interesting new character needs to survive that mess.
God I hope he's dead. Dude kinda redeemed himself at the end but that's with the fact that he dies included. If he survives then he becomes an asshole who let the world be destroyed because of his own issues and also a dude who totally could have ended the killing game but decided not to so he could kill more people.

We need a DR4 to retroactively make DR3 worse. Keep the train rolling.

God I hope he's dead. Dude kinda redeemed himself at the end but that's with the fact that he dies included. If he survives then he becomes an asshole who let the world be destroyed because of his own issues and also a dude who totally could have ended the killing game but decided not to so he could kill more people.

We need a DR4 to retroactively make DR3 worse. Keep the train rolling.
He's not the only one to blame for that, (there are many who share the responsibility) and Ryota is even worse in that regard. He knew exactly what Junko was doing, and there was nothing holding him back from exposing her, and yet he did absolutely nothing. Plus his idea of a "hope video" is ridiculous.

Juzo was the only new character besides Seiko (and Ruruka, right at the end) that had an actual character arc.

lol

"Enraged Japanese people gave DR3 arcs a set of despair nicknames.

Zirai-hen(landmine arc) or Mikan-hen(incomplete arc) for Mirai-hen
Sitsubou-hen(disappointment arc) for Zetsubou-hen
Kyomou-hen(nihil arc) for Kibou-hen"

This pleases me greatly.

Juzo never actually died, he somehow managed to just pass out. They recovered him at the end and patched him the fuck up and probably got him one of those robohands Nagito somehow has. He then talks shit out with Munakata who is able to get over his serial killer ex and they live happily ever after. DR3 will hopefully never factor into anything ever again so this might as well be canon and 800% true.

I was relatively okay that Seiko died, but now that I know that the only new characters to survive are the most main ones, it really disappoints me. It just makes the new cast come off as yet another side attraction to Makoto and his classmates.

Eumi

He's not the only one to blame for that, (there are many who share the responsibility) and Ryota is even worse in that regard. He knew exactly what Junko was doing, and there was nothing holding him back from exposing her, and yet he did absolutely nothing. Plus his idea of a "hope video" is ridiculous.

Juzo was the only new character besides Seiko (and Ruruka, right at the end) that had an actual character arc.
Yeah, Mitarai is easily the most responsible. But he was also the villain so I kind of don't feel as irritated by him, if that makes sense. Whereas with Juzo I'd have thought after maybe the third or forth child genocide the dude might have thought "you know what, maybe potentially losing my best friend is an alright risk to take if it means I get to stop standing in piles of baby corpses'.

I agree with Seiko and Ruruka though. It's a shame they had nothing to do with anything, since there would probably be a pretty good dynamic there if they had the chance to flesh it out more.

I was relatively okay that Seiko died, but now that I know that the only new characters to survive are the most main ones, it really disappoints me. It just makes the new cast come off as yet another side attraction to Makoto and his classmates.

I mean, all of them ended up not mattering at all. Seiko kinda did because of her revival deux ex machina and Juzo got everyone's bracelets off, but that's it.

Speaking of, the game was supposed to end if they made it past a sleep phase with no deaths, right? Why were everyone's bracelets intact after Makoto survived? Shouldn't that have ended everything right there instead of Juzo shutting it down? And why would Kyoko, the Ultimate Detective, not want to check out the "fake" exit more thoroughly since it ended up being the real exit after all?

Writing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom