• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

6for8

with poison arrow, each gives you 3k souls?

Spend a little time learning how to parry the silver knights then they will be very easy. From the 2nd bonfire, you can put your sign down and farm then as you wait.

Farming the NPCs in the forest is a fine soul farm.

Unai

Just got a black knight sword, should I abandon strength/dex and go ham on strength?

I finished the game with a black knight sword the first time I played. It's a good weapon that you can use until NG+7 if you want, but in hindsight I didn't like its moveset. What weapon were you using before?

Unai

Well, I like the Claymore the best. It only becomes more powerful than the BKS at really higher levels of STR and DEX, but even before that its moveset is godlike. Dat poke and running attack.

Both are good weapons. Use the one you like the most. The BKS is easier to upgrade because it only needs Twikling Titanite and you don't need to get an Ember to upgrade it fully. So maybe use it now for the raw power alone but keep upgrading the claymore.

J-Skee

Hard quit the game for a few months after hitting the brick wall that is Dragonslayer Armour. Just booted it back up, embered voluntarily for the first time & did my first NPC summon to finally beat him. I felt kinda dirty doing it, but the feeling of beating him was great.

entremet

Hard quit the game for a few months after hitting the brick wall that is Dragonslayer Armour. Just booted it back up, embered voluntarily for the first time & did my first NPC summon to finally beat him. I felt kinda dirty doing it, but the feeling of beating him was great.

Wrong thread ;)

i just coop in darkroot garden neat bonfire and user pitokim throwed me tons of souls, boss souls, weapons,armor etc :)

thanks to him i'm overpowered now :)

if anyone needs anything let me know :)

entremet

Been watching Kay's DS run.

Boy is she meticulous and cautious. I rambo Souls games to my detriment. I'm stubborn that way.

But her playing style is good for Souls.

Kinda wished she had a Demon's playthru. That's my sentimental fav. But I don't believe she has a PS3 or PS4 for BB.
iirc they have a PS4 but it was otherwise occupied. I was disappointed she never finished her DS3 playthrough, but I think she would've really gotten a lot out of BB in terms of it's lore and story so I really wish she had LP'ed that one. Maybe some day? :)

Unai

Kinda wished she had a Demon's playthru. That's my sentimental fav. But I don't believe she has a PS3 or PS4 for BB.

But she has a demon's soul playthrough. You can find it going on her playlists.

Edit: Here. I didn't watch it because I'm yet to play this game. My ps3 is broken :(

So I finally made it to Anor Londo. Hard to believe that I only (technically) started playing about a week ago, and I've learned so much and really honed my skills.

Those skills ain't worth dick against Ornstein and Smough though.
Went through that white light blind and got my ass handed to me in 2 minutes by the Super Biggie Smalls bros. How the hell am I even supposed to beat these fuckers?

Hobobloke

Those skills ain't worth dick against Ornstein and Smough though.
Went through that white light blind and got my ass handed to me in 2 minutes by the Super Biggie Smalls bros. How the hell am I even supposed to beat these fuckers?

Practice and patience.

If you want a bit more of an actual tip
use the pillars.

Soodanim

I click the thread to see what people are saying and now I want to play this again. I haven't even touched 3's DLC. That's how good 1 is.

|OT6| Definitely better than the sequels

entremet

What's a good bow? I have a Long Bow and it has served me well. Not upgraded lol.

I don't really spam projectiles as I think it's cheap.

Stevey

I'm doing my damnedest to reach Choas Servant 2 to save that special someone but the grind is fugging real in that certain spot near Neatoh.

Warp to Sunlight altar bonfire.
Down the ladder, kill the 3 rats with the Gold Serpent Ring and some humanity, back to bonfire, rinse and repeat.

Took me like half an hour- 45 minutes to farm the 30 Humanity needed.

What's a good bow? I have a Long Bow and it has served me well. Not upgraded lol.

I don't really spam projectiles as I think it's cheap.
iirc Composite bow gives best damage but has less range. Pharis bow is good for DEX builds, otherwise just upgrade the longbow. The darkmoon bow is also an option if you have the stats.

I'm doing my damnedest to reach Choas Servant 2 to save that special someone but the grind is fugging real in that certain spot near Neatoh.
Have you got a spare Firekeeper's Soul, you can always use it to dupe, each one gives 5 humanity. Quicker than farming any way!

So turns out that Dark Souls pc doesn't have the greatest matchmaking? I downloaded the connectivity mod and finaly beat Biggie Smalls through the power of jolly cooperation.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Post Anor Londo has been weak, to be honest.

I hear this is the consensus.

after anor londo i went to darkroot garden > new londo. i didn't think those areas were bad. good boss fights there. the next four areas weren't great though. catacombs were annoying. tomb of giants was OK. though the final boss was actually the hardest in the game.

entremet

after anor londo i went to darkroot garden > new londo. i didn't think those areas were bad. good boss fights there. the next four areas weren't great though. catacombs were annoying. tomb of giants was OK. though the final boss was actually the hardest in the game.

I beat Darkroot Garden earlier. I enjoyed, but so far I've done New Londo (Boss was crazy easy), Archives (kind of a mish mash), and Crystal Cave (underwhelming)

Killing the last boss sends you straight to NG+ - well, you have a choice of endings, but there's nothing else to do but go to NG+ or walk around the empty boss room.

The Kiln is actually a good spot to farm chunks (the enemies give guaranteed drops of chunks of each kind), which is worth doing before going to NG+.

Are you stocked up on Blooming Purple Moss?

Ranged tactics and longer weapons are great for them.

I really loved that area. Very fun.

No I wasn't, got my shit wrecked for like the first 20 minutes before turning the game off. After that I started using long poking weapons and the spider shield and got through it no problem. I decided not to attack the boss at the end though, she seemed harmless enough.

Top Bottom