• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Comics for November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
gothamknights59.jpg

I don't really buy comics... following all these storylines spread through so many different monthly books is just too much, but I really dig this cover.

Alucard

Banned
Wow. I never knew that HERO was coming to an end after 22 issues. I have the first 11 too. Now I'm sort of tempted to pick up the rest so I can have the complete series. I did enjoy it all the way through but had to drop it due to financial reasons.

I'm looking forward to the Superman: Secret Identity TPB. I totally missed the mini-series so it'll be nice to have it all in one convenient package.

Green Arrow sounds awesome, as usual.

The new Vertigo mini sounds interesting. I just don't want to be underwhelmed like I have been with Bite Club. (one more issue to go! Yay!)

nomoment

Wellington said:
Nomo: What happened in "War Games?"
Haha, no idea.

War Games just started, I think they're currently on part 3 or 4 of 25. The Bat-books are pretty crappy right now; I'm not buying any of them except for Gotham Central.

MASB

Some good stuff for November. But I want to say a few things about War Games. I'm not even going to bother with it, I hate crossovers spread out over multiple titles (and War Games seems to be the worst example to come along in a good while). I remember years ago when I bought an issue of Uncanny X-Men. The story was continued in what? The next issue of Uncanny X-Men? Nope, continued in an issue of Cable. I didn't bother with the story from that point on. I mean, if I want to read Cable, I'll read it. And if I want X-Men, I'll read that, but don't pull this story across multiple titles nonsense. :p

Alucard

Banned
Dan said:
gothamknights59.jpg

I don't really buy comics... following all these storylines spread through so many different monthly books is just too much, but I really dig this cover.

It's not so bad once you find a book you like. :)

Asbel

Dan said:
gothamknights59.jpg

You could go with trade paper backs. That way you get a complete story arc in either one or a few books (depending on length).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah, I buy some occasional trades, but I'm impatient. I like to jump onboard sooner rather than later, and it frustrates me when I see some cool story that I'd like to get in on now, but it's just too costly and unorganized. Then by the time the trade hits I've lost a lot of that original interest. Oh well.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, everyone should buy Secret Identity. I think it kinda fella flat the very last issue/chapter/whatever, but the first three are gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom