• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Gwen to Spidey: "It's your baby!" Spidey: "OMGWTF?!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Click on the thumbnails for larger images.)

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

I'm sorry, but this storyline is just so... so... I mean, I expect the Jackal to pop up at any moment. ;)

Yeah,. I haven't read comics regularly in alomost 10 years and I've heard rumblings of this storyline. I also heard about a big shake up in the X-Men as well. What the heck is going on?! Still not enough to get me to go back into a comic store and pick up a comic...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't get it - did she have the kids on the way down before splatting? Strange stuff afoot in Spideyland.

DaveH

I can't read the text, but what's going on? Did Peter even ever have sex with Gwen or is this some clone thingy?

I've been reading this in the shop, let's see what I can remember...

Peter got an old letter in the mail from his dead girlfriend Gwen. About the same time, 2 masked strangers (1 male, 1 female) showed up and attacked Peter - not Spider-Man, but Peter Parker - and blamed him for all the messed up sh*t they've endured. They know he's Spider-Man, and they've threatened MJ and Aunt May, so Peter's f*cked if he can't figure out who they are and what they want.

In the last issue, Peter found out there was a 2nd page missing from the letter, and that the imprint of the 2nd page was on the 1st. So he (as Spider-Man) took the letter to a detective friend for analysis, and the lab was able to copy the 2nd page. When Peter reads it, he finds out that when Gwen left after her father's death, she was pregnant. She had twins, a boy and a girl... and their names match the names of Peter's mysterious attackers.

The implications, of course, are that Gwen and Peter got it on, Gwen got pregnant and fled the country, had twins and gave them up for adoption or something, and now they've come back years later (as adults? How old is Peter supposed to be?) to exact their... revenge? For what?

Like I said, I keep waiting for Jackal to show up. o_O

shoplifter

Spike Spiegel said:
I've been reading this in the shop, let's see what I can remember...

(as adults? How old is Peter supposed to be?)

[stan lee explanation]
Peter's super-powered genetics aged them super quickly.
[/stan lee explanation]

Rorschach

lol That's awful...

Straczynski was supposed to be there to make Spider-Man LESS retarded.

I expect the Jackal too. Just kill off Spider-Man. :|

For a sec this seemed like it could be a good idea, but there's just been too much screwing around with the Spidey character in the past (spider clone) and various restarting of the Marvel Universe, which has caused too many logic holes with the universe (and complications with the timeline), to attempt a story like this.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This obviously isn't the Gwen that the Green Goblin killed... right? Shit, what am I even doing in this thread, I don't know anything about what's considered canon now or anything. Haven't read Spider-Man in ages.

nomoment

This storyline has actually been pretty good.

For those who are criticizing the book without even reading it, your loss.

ge-man

I'm glad I don't read comics anymore. I feel like bombing Marvel's offices for selling their readers such a convoluted storyline. I had hope that the end to that stupid clone story would result in a clean slate and Marvel could get back to what made Spiderman awesome. I'm dead wrong apparently.

AniHawk

ge-man said:
I'm glad I don't read comics anymore. I feel like bombing Marvel's offices for selling their readers such a convoluted storyline. I had hope that the end to that stupid clone story would result in a clean slate and Marvel could get back to what made Spiderman awesome. I'm dead wrong apparently.

I got the Ultimate Spider-Man Collection. That's pretty good.

nomoment said:
This storyline has actually been pretty good.

For those who are criticizing the book without even reading it, your loss.

you're criticizing azzarello for doing the exact same thing, you lose alex anderson!!!!

nomoment

ge-man said:
You haven't even read the issue. How would you know?

JACKAL IS NOT GOING TO SHOW UP.

JMS HAS ALREADY SAID THIS STORYLINE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING CLONES.

WAIT FOR THE STORYLINE TO WRAP UP, THEN ISSUE YOUR COMPLAINTS.

nomoment

evil solrac v3.0 said:
you're criticizing azzarello for doing the exact same thing, you lose alex anderson!!!!
Whoa, I've been criticizing Azzarello for using stupid dialogue and bad plotting.

JMS hasn't wronged me in either of these departments.

nomoment said:
Whoa, I've been criticizing Azzarello for using stupid dialogue and bad plotting.

JMS hasn't wronged me in either of these departments.

stupid what? no.

slow plotting? yes. bad? no..... but we always have our agreements and disagreements.
now hoqw about you start denouncing the fact that bendis just writes the same thing with a different coat of paint every itme and we'll call it even...

so let's say that they are gwen's kids... how is this any different than having gwen come back? and they are grown up? this feels like teen angst which i get enough of at ultimate spider...... it feels tacked on.. gwen died, she was young.. peter younger.. it's like breaking in half that great storyline and saying "we wanna add more stuff cause we're bored" now seeing as i'm such an open minded guy (LONG LIVE DC) i'll read a few issues and see what's the deal.

nomoment

evil solrac v3.0 said:
so let's say that they are gwen's kids... how is this any different than having gwen come back? and they are grown up? this feels like teen angst which i get enough of at ultimate spider...... it feels tacked on.. gwen died, she was young.. peter younger.. it's like breaking in half that great storyline and saying "we wanna add more stuff cause we're bored" now seeing as i'm such an open minded guy (LONG LIVE DC) i'll read a few issues and see what's the deal.
READ THE FIRST ISSUE OF THE STORY ARC FOR FREE

I've posted this link a billion times, but it seems like everyone skips over. Whoever's already read this and doesn't like it, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

You guys can also go back to reading whatever flavor of the month manga is in right now. OH SNAP!

nomoment

evil solrac v3.0 said:
now hoqw about you start denouncing the fact that bendis just writes the same thing with a different coat of paint every itme and we'll call it even...
Well, I've given up on Ultimate Spider-Man...

But I find Avengers and Daredevil highly enjoyable. For now, Bendis is still god. :)

all right i read part one. it wasnt bad at all. good pace, dialogue etc. obviously it didnt tell me much. i have to read the others. but for now you win mono, i'll track down the others and see what the deal is.....

nomoment

evil solrac v3.0 said:
all right i read part one. it wasnt bad at all. good pace, dialogue etc. obviously it didnt tell me much. i have to read the others. but for now you win mono, i'll track down the others and see what the deal is.....
Well, one man convinced is good enough for me. :)

Alucard

Banned
Could Marvel Knights Spidey be the best Spidey book on the shelves right now? Naaaaaaaaaaaah.

That Amazing storyline sounds pretty...odd. Ah well.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I looked at the topic and thought this was about ultimate, things only got slightly less confusing when i realised it wasnt.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, this storyline has been pretty good. They've already adressed the fact that Peter knows they're too old to be Gwen's kids. And OMG WE MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT TO LEARN WHY.

Shinobi

I think it's been pretty cool so far. It's rather neat seeing Parker making ice cold threats. It could all completely fall apart when it wraps up, but for now I've got no qualms with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom