• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Wait, not sure anymore, but it was definitely at least 480p. Will try some upload from my 360 tomorrow.
Anyway my issue isn't with the resolution, but the final fluidity of the video, when it's flawless ingame.

xion4360

Wait, not sure anymore, but it was definitely at least 480p. Will try some upload from my 360 tomorrow.
Anyway my issue isn't with the resolution, but the final fluidity of the video, when it's flawless ingame.

cant say I know about 360, but on PS3 uploads were very shitty 360P and most definitely not 60 frames per second.. share uploads are definitely better. It could be the higher quality making the framerate difference stick out more because there is less microblocking making frames blend together.

for example, PS3 in-game upload versus PS4 Share Button .... theres a clear winner.

here's an upload from xbox 360 that shows its not any better.

Hubb

Ranked online hasn't been that friendly to me tonight. Joined a game that was labeled 5 and it switched to three once I got into the match. That was the laggest 3 I have ever fought. Slide show doesn't begin to describe it. My first real bad lag match of LR.

made an online lobby yesterday on PS4 and had some good games. only got mauled by some god Gen Fu player. the rest were doable.

i think over 30 lobbies were up while i played. crazy.

Kind of off topic but it would be cool if DoA had a character creator similar to Soul Calibur

That would be great and I would love to see it also, but Tecmo would probably feel like it could interfere with their DLC, so I doubt a really detailed character creator will happen anytime soon.

synce

That would be great and I would love to see it also, but Tecmo would probably feel like it could interfere with their DLC, so I doubt a really detailed character creator will happen anytime soon.

Well the DLC is just fetish stuff so they can still sell that as customization parts. I think it'll definitely happen for 6. It'd be ridiculous if DOA was still the only 3D fighter with no customs

Kind of off topic but it would be cool if DoA had a character creator similar to Soul Calibur

Only if they allow costume changes, I fucking loathe the "make your own clown" stuff in SC. Every online match is just a random mess of characters that make no sense or have any art direction.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't like Soul Calibur IV or V type customization. Not everything falls where it should (Floating scarf if you dont put the proper top to mix it well, floating belt , etc) Also most of the outfits you see online are mostly joke characters or mismatched stuff. I like DOA as it is.

Squire

Banned
I don't like Soul Calibur IV or V type customization. Not everything falls where it should (Floating scarf if you dont put the proper top to mix it well, floating belt , etc) Also most of the outfits you see online are mostly joke characters or mismatched stuff. I like DOA as it is.

The customization in VF5 is much better. All the items and clothing pieces are fit to the characters perfectly. It's the way to go if they add it and I actually think they will, given how simlair the series are as it is.

remz

The customization in VF5 is much better. All the items and clothing pieces are fit to the characters perfectly. It's the way to go if they add it and I actually think they will, given how simlair the series are as it is.

I wouldn't say that the accessories fit perfectly... a lot of them are pretty goofy.

I think DOA kind of values the characters having their own style. A lot of them have outfit themes or motifs they tend to stick to. Not sure how it would go if they swapped control of the fashion to players.

Vazra

I think what Team Ninja could do is continue selling the DLC but let people use those DLC pieces to mix and match with others. Add colors options to those pieces so you can color match stuff and call it a day. (Also kill recolored DLC that way and focus on making original designs instead of giving Tina the same swimsuit Lisa has but in another color.)

I wouldnt mind adding pants to Kasumi default outfit and messing around with colors.

Quick Mock Up.
8e9d12dc0c.png

Looks nice but I still prefer her light blue traditional dress with the white leggings. I've seen it for so many years now I wouldn't want to change it, but I can appreciate some one who does and wants to express their creative freedom.

Vazra

Looks nice but I still prefer her light blue traditional dress with the white leggings. I've seen it for so many years now I wouldn't want to change it, but I can appreciate some one who does and wants to express their creative freedom.

Well you can keep it that way. The thing is to give people options without ripping them off for recolors and mix and matching if desired. They would still generate money out of it and there would still be default outfits if anything.

Well you can keep it that way. The thing is to give people options without ripping them off for recolors and mix and matching if desired. They would still generate money out of it and there would still be default outfits if anything.

Yeah, I understand where you're going with it and I think it's a great idea. I'd like to be able to use other characters costumes on a different character as well. I'd like to see what Kasumi or Hitomi would look like in Lei Fangs red cheongsam or her black dress.

Edit: Better yet, Tina's american flag bikini... @_@"

Eolz

Really agree with Bayonetta in terms of character customization, and definitely don't want a "create-your-own" character feature.
Really wouldn't buy the next game if this appeared and was allowed online. This stuff is usually pretty bad in terms of looks, and I also love DOA for its roster of characters with some design behind it.
inb4 complaints about Honoka

cant say I know about 360, but on PS3 uploads were very shitty 360P and most definitely not 60 frames per second.. share uploads are definitely better. It could be the higher quality making the framerate difference stick out more because there is less microblocking making frames blend together.

Might be it yeah, thanks for the info.

soul calibur's character creator buys me an extra 100 hours of gameplay each iteration. I would love to see that in DoA (sell me as many parts as you want TN)

Demoskinos

Yeah I'll chime in with the created character is bad crowd. I honestly don't mind paying what they charge for costumes I do however think it is a bummer that they don't just allow for a proper recolor system.

Like, I actually really like some of the Showstopper encore DLC I got with the digital version but on the other hand I'd be pissed if I had actualy had to pay for it. Like, don't do that.

Vade

I still enjoy the way VF did the costume dlc best. You get 5-6 base outfits and then from there you can buy the character packages which give so many different outfits/combinations/hair style/masks ect.

The doa way feels terrible in the nickel and dimed sense. Ok you get the better deal with packs, and some of the outfits are really well put together ,but compared to VF's system you are getting pennies on the dollar or whatever your country's currency is.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I still enjoy the way VF did the costume dlc best. You get 5-6 base outfits and then from there you can buy the character packages which give so many different outfits/combinations/hair style/masks ect.

The doa way feels terrible in the nickel and dimed sense. Ok you get the better deal with packs, and some of the outfits are really well put together ,but compared to VF's system you are getting pennies on the dollar or whatever your country's currency is.

Yes but did VF have ten bikinis per character for virgins to jerk off to?

Because that's who's spending $90+ on the costume apacks, and why the male characters have a quarter the cosumes of the girls.

bigninja

Has anyone who owned the Hot Getaway costumes on last-gen been able to download them in Last Round without paying again? Still not working for me.

From Tan, Team Ninja support guy (I emailed them with issues):
Hotgataway will be available. We will keep you posted. We just confirmed this with PlayStation.

So they are working on it, apparently.

Been the story for a couple of weeks. It's weird because none of the DOA5/5+ outfits showed up as purchased for DOA5U, since it just imported them from the existing system. Since they don't show up as purchased for U, I'm willing to bet, since it's the only pack not included, that anyone who bought it on 5 and not 5U is having this issue.

Vazra

Yeah, I understand where you're going with it and I think it's a great idea. I'd like to be able to use other characters costumes on a different character as well. I'd like to see what Kasumi or Hitomi would look like in Lei Fangs red cheongsam or her black dress.

Edit: Better yet, Tina's american flag bikini... @_@"

I personally would give Hitomi or Tina jeans to the girls to make more casual looks.

Not really jeans but did a crappy mock up on how it would look on Kasumi with one of the outfits.

Xevren

Unlocked all achievements today, it has to be the easiest game I've ever done it on.

Yea was definitely my easiest platinum. Playing this and The Order was the easiest 1-2 in terms of easy plats lol

Wish I had more time to play, was fun playing in GAF lobbies over the weekend when I could. Really enjoying my time playing as Helena.

Hubb

I personally would give Hitomi or Tina jeans to the girls to make more casual looks.

Not really jeans but did a crappy mock up on how it would look on Kasumi with one of the outfits.

Not a fan of those shoes. If there is anything modders can do for me, it would be to fix some of the ugly shoes they have in the game.

Top Bottom