• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

system11

Pretty sure there was mention of possible new DLC characters at some point. cba looking but it's in here somewhere.

I expect DLC characters to come anyway, to keep the community and game's life going. But this should indeed be the last official game release update.

If they're going to do that, they'll need to invent a new move set.

Honestly though I'd like to see more of the classic arenas added - I'm happy with the roster as-is.

thejpfin

Getting really frustrated with the rank matchmaking. Connection any and region any. Still takes forever to find players. It wasn't this bad back in ps3 doa.

Eolz

Good games to everybody. I hope you guys liked bboy beatin your asses. He's doing top 8 at the tourneys, so if you need help ask him. He's good.

I liked that that H20 dude just came in sniped B-boy and then left lmao.

Ahah nice!
Those lobbies made me remember some big flaws with some characters, but also showed that I wasn't that bad with Bayman. Stopped playing after a while because I needed some training
and because everyone stopped playing for a moment :p

Seriously, didn't have much time to play a bit of single-player.

Hubb

Getting really frustrated with the rank matchmaking. Connection any and region any. Still takes forever to find players. It wasn't this bad back in ps3 doa.

My best luck with ranked has come from Throwdowns. Only probably is it seems recently the connection number doesn't match once you actually get into the fight.

Demoskinos

I really wish I saved that match between Aries and B-Boy today. That wall combo B-boy did at the last round with Phase 4. Maaaaan that was insane.

Edit: Also, got my $15 credit from PSN for that $100 promo and bought the other big costume pack. Now all I need are Honoka's last few debut costumes. >_>

There should be more time period themed costumes like Brad Wongs cowboy costume. (allthough it is his halloween costume I think)

Zack Could have a something like young Ben. E. King

Nyotengu could have a Marie Antoinette Costume

MrBS

I haven't really been playing this at all on PS4 since picking up. At this point I might hold off until the Senran Kagura costumes drop ;)

Slermy

Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but the DLC for this game is so confusing.

Is there a clear chart showing what's included in LR, what's in the season's pass, what's only available individually, and what's not yet out on the PS4/XBONE? It seems like some of the Ultimate DLC hasn't been ported yet. Or maybe PSN is just confusing to navigate.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but the DLC for this game is so confusing.

Is there a clear chart showing what's included in LR, what's in the season's pass, what's only available individually, and what's not yet out on the PS4/XBONE? It seems like some of the Ultimate DLC hasn't been ported yet. Or maybe PSN is just confusing to navigate.

DLC Included in Last Round

Which is linked in the OP.

as a PSA I want to say I emailed Team Ninja last week asking about when I can buy pre-order packs and that walmart was impossible to get

they replied saying they would forward my email to NA TN

I was sent a walmart code

for this reason I will continue to buy season passes from these guys +Respect

Thanks.

Rig's Costume 06. *fans self*

This one?

tumblr_nkgw05tH9v1t5k8i7o1_500.gif

So good.

I love almost all the new on-disc costumes, probably my favourite batch in terms of variety and consistent quality. There's a few I'm not so keen on though, namely Bass, Phase 4 and MR's, but I'm really disappointed at Jann Lee's new one. Grey singlet and jeans, could it get any more boring? Plus the cringeworthy "The Dragon" text on the front.

Yawn.

Hubb

I love almost all the new on-disc costumes, probably my favourite batch in terms of variety and consistent quality. There's a few I'm not so keen on though, namely Bass, Phase 4 and MR's, but I'm really disappointed at Jann Lee's new one. Grey singlet and jeans, could it get any more boring? Plus the cringeworthy "The Dragon" text on the front
Yawn.

Well I don't disagree that it is boring, but haven't people been asking for more casual clothes? That is about as casual as it gets.

Well I don't disagree that it is boring, but haven't people been asking for more casual clothes? That is about as casual as it gets.

I thought they were wanting 'casual' clothes for the girls, as in clothes that don't fall under festish/huge cleavage/skintight/bikini etc, which seems to be 99% of the DLC. I didn't think anyone wanted really drab everyday clothes for the guys, but I could be wrong.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I thought they were wanting 'casual' clothes for the girls, as in clothes that don't fall under festish/huge cleavage/skintight/bikini etc, which seems to be 99% of the DLC. I didn't think anyone wanted really drab everyday clothes for the guys, but I could be wrong.

I want Bayman in assless chaps but yeah I want more casual/covered up outfits. I prefer having the girls look like fashion models than the Sports Illustrated looks they get..

Demoskinos

I like seeing tough guy super ninja Ryu Hayabusa in more casual clothes. Also I don't like playing as him but Elliot has some super adorable costumes.

Hubb

People throw the word fetish around too much. At this point you might as well call any costume they release fetish wear. I don't think anyone wants really drab everyday clothes for anyone. But there have been plenty of people asking for casual clothes for everyone, and more sexy costumes too, and I guess fetish wear since that'll encompass everything else.

I like seeing tough guy super ninja Ryu Hayabusa in more casual clothes. Also I don't like playing as him but Elliot has some super adorable costumes.

Yeah, there are some casual clothes for the guys I really like. I was talking about more about clothing with lack of any style whatsoever, like Jann's, but yeah I worded it weirdly.

People throw the word fetish around too much. At this point you might as well call any costume they release fetish wear. I don't think anyone wants really drab everyday clothes for anyone. But there have been plenty of people asking for casual clothes for everyone, and more sexy costumes too, and I guess fetish wear since that'll encompass everything else.

But... that's the point! Let's take a look at the packs listed here:

- Ninja Clan (not sexy)
- Hot Getaway (bikinis, duh)
- School Uniform (common sexual fantasy attire)
- Pop Idol (I'm not sure if this is a fetish but half of them are revealing costumes anyway)
- Ultimate Sexy Costumes (no comment needed)
- Halloween x 2 (filled to the brim with super revealing and common sexual fantasies)
- Tropical Sexy Costumes (...)
- Nurse (common sexual fantasy)
- Training Gear (school swimsuits, common sexual fantasy attire in Japan)
- Overalls (shirtless overalls)
- Bath and Bedtime (literally just towels or shirt and panties)
- Maid (common sexual fantasy)
- Police (common sexual fantasy)
- Christmas (very revealing, including the ribbon)

----

So out of 15 packs, 7 packs are specific sexual fantasy attire (literally the definition of fetish wear), 6.5 packs are bikinis or very revealing clothes, and 1.5 packs are non-sexualised. So no, I don't think 'fetish' is getting thrown around too much.

And yeah, I agree, more variety of costumes would be great (and more sexy ones too), as long as they look good.

This one?

tumblr_nkgw05tH9v1t5k8i7o1_500.gif

So good.

I love almost all the new on-disc costumes, probably my favourite batch in terms of variety and consistent quality. There's a few I'm not so keen on though, namely Bass, Phase 4 and MR's, but I'm really disappointed at Jann Lee's new one. Grey singlet and jeans, could it get any more boring? Plus the cringeworthy "The Dragon" text on the front.

Yawn

Honestly I like it even though it's really casual, but I think that is one of the reasons why the girls get so many more outfits than the men. Imo, it's easier to think of imaginative outfits for females than males because there is so much more variety.

system11

A little bit of contrast wouldnt hurt the game besides the needed AA.

You could use your TV/monitor controls? I prefer the top ones, for example in the adjusted Nyutengu one on my laptop (which has proper sensor based calibration built in), the detail in her hair just vanishes into blacks. One of the things I like about moving from XB back to PS was escaping the Xbox 'heavy contrast' picture. Have long thought consoles need this building into the firmware features, seems absurd that so many games need adjustment sliders programmed in, individually.

Also don't want them to put AA in, unless it's completely optional. Right now it looks like an incredibly clean and sharp arcade game. This is how arcade games should look.

Honestly I like it even though it's really casual, but I think that is one of the reasons why the girls get so many more outfits than the men. Imo, it's easier to think of imaginative outfits for females than males because there is so much more variety.

Huh okay, apart from being casual, what do you like about it?

Hmm I don't really think that's true, because most of the costumes we do have for the guys are pretty cool. Even Zack and Brad's new outfits, while very simple, are quite stylish.

Timu

Also don't want them to put AA in, unless it's completely optional. Right now it looks like an incredibly clean and sharp arcade game. This is how arcade games should look.
Wut? It makes the games look sharper as it gets rid of the jaggies!!!

Dezner

Yay! My new PS4 is only 30 mins away right now and will be UPS'ed to me later today!

Hopefully I can join you guys soon! ^_^

Top Bottom