• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

lol how is a black leather jacket with jeans clashing?

these are pretty bad man

8e9d12dc0c.png

635692f4f7.png

they are awful !!

lol

a leather jacket here and there is not going to harm the game but Bayonetta has some strange tastes for matching styles and colors so yeah this idea in the WRONG hands is pretty damn bad

as a developer you have to at least control the look of the game
they already put a lot of work into the costumes I rather buy 400 more instead of adding ability to cross mix tops and bottoms

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Those are simply letting people mess around and if they want to make random combinations its okay. It wouldnt be weirder than the stuff you see come out of Soul Calibur V Creator.

Demoskinos

So I'm taking it that costume updates are going to be bi-weekly then? I figured the other half of the Ninja Costumes would drop today.

Hubb

So I'm taking it that costume updates are going to be bi-weekly then? I figured the other half of the Ninja Costumes would drop today.

For some reason I thought the DLC releases were monthly. Didn't even realize we were getting another ninja costume pack.

Vazra

For some reason I thought the DLC releases were monthly. Didn't even realize we were getting another ninja costume pack.

- Ninja Clan 1 Pack (February; 10 costumes)
- Ninja Clan 2 Pack (March; 10 costumes)
- Senran Kagura Pack (March; 16 costumes)
- Ninja Clan 3 Pack (April; 10 costumes)
- May 2015 Costume Pack (16 costumes)
- June 2015 Costume Pack (16 costumes)

I dont know about other packs tho.

Demoskinos

The only announced packs so far are two ninja packs and then the senran kagura pack.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/19/dead-alive-5-last-round-getting-senran-kagura-costumes-japan/

Two updates in March and then one update each in May and June. I guess it makes sense to to the other half of the ninja costumes next week and then have the Senran Kagura outfits release the last week of March when Estival Versus releases.

Hubb

Thanks for the list. Better release dates than I originally thought. Hopefully they don't string them out on PC and put them all up for purchase quickly.

Timu

Where did you find this info???

Those are simply letting people mess around and if they want to make random combinations its okay. It wouldnt be weirder than the stuff you see come out of Soul Calibur V Creator.

yeah I never spent $200 on Soul Calibur DLC tho

I Like a lot of what Team Ninja puts together

I feel they at least allow the characters some level of class even if they are in the extra perverted level of class

those SC guys just hired a hentai artist just to design crap armor seems like a waste of perv talent when your design is less attractive than it should be

Marie Rose's baby suit is ewww because she is wearing a baby suit not because the strawberry print is weird but her age does not fit the suit in that level of ewww

you don't wear army pants and boots with your silk print asian top = bad fashion

you'll have to coordinate your styles and colors or you get a hot mess

aesthetically DOA has a good vibe because some of the costume designs show a level of care taken

you get an idea of where the clothing came from they each have a category you can place them in

bedtime
bathtime
beach
party
classic
chinese
japanese
sporty
fun
sexy
cute
fantasy
martial arts
kung fu
boxing
holidays
fighter
ninja
school
nurse
maid

categories work because they have a theme they follow
you don't just mix them and make them look like everyday poorly dressed people IRL

Vazra

Categories work because they have a theme they follow
you don't just mix them and make them look like everyday poorly dressed people IRL

Lots of people dress poorly daily. Let people who want to make combinations do them and you can keep the outfits as they originally are. Nobody loses anything by just adding that.

Pro

I thought DOAX1 was actually a pretty good volley ball game, besides being an eye candy game.

DOAX2 was only an eye candy game

They were both pretty solid volleyball games but not going to deny they were primarily dress up eye candy. TN kept it real for what the players wanted. Just wait til mods hit on the PC version.

Breast physics were disturbing tho.

OMG mode reminds me of DOAX2 physics. How can they independently flop around while standing still? God Bless you Team Ninja.

Lots of people dress poorly daily. Let people who want to make combinations do them and you can keep the outfits as they originally are. Nobody loses anything by just adding that.

that is what I AM talking about
I DRESS BADLY 28 days per month why do I need my DOA ladies to be slobs like me

not every costume in DOA works the guys are pretty badly dressed IMO allowing them to mix and match is an improvement

you are only losing the aesthetics and the character itself

DOA does not have much for a story a lot of a character's personality and story comes from what they are wearing

Lisa's mask or sexy rope tops on Momiji for example you took away who they are right there the characters are already very shallow what little they had gets lost when you start taking how they like to dress and give that style to another character who normally would wear something that matches who she is

the costumes say more about who those characters are because the story is not much to go on

I like Lisa
I also like Momiji

I like the developer to control what they are telling me about each character through what they wear

in Tag mode if you team up Honoka with Ayane

Honoka asks Ayane 'Are you a Ninja?'

this works until you dilute what makes Ayane AYANE by also giving Honoka her own Ninja suit

you lost something that made the character special now everyone is a ninja
except poor Lisa :(

the debut costumes are the only things you can count on now to tell you who the character is so allowing to mix match will further dilute who they are by allowing them to wear what is not part of their persona

yes something is lost

Ferr986

categories work because they have a theme they follow

I would argue there's too much tematic outfits in DOA. I just want some plain peasant dressing stuff.

not every costume in DOA works the guys are pretty badly dressed IMO allowing them to mix and match is an improvement

Because its cool to have options for everything

the costumes say more about who those characters are because the story is not much to go on

I like Lisa
I also like Momiji

I like the developer to control what they are telling me about each character through what they wear

this works until you dilute what makes Ayane AYANE by also giving Honoka her own Ninja suit

the debut costumes are the only things you can count on now to tell you who the character is so allowing to mix match will further dilute who they are by allowing them to wear what is not part of their persona

yes something is lost

But thats not true, Thing is TN sometimes show to me that this strong ninja girl go fight in a bathsuit, or with her tits naked by a collar flower, or with a succubus costume... And you know that's not how she is in the storyline. Then why we cant mix match costumes and make more regular stuff? We would not do worse than what TN is doing with some costumes, and it adds a layer of fun on customizing, and also the opportunity to have more fitting costumes for your tastes.

you are only losing the aesthetics and the character itself

DOA does not have much for a story a lot of a character's personality and story comes from what they are wearing

Lisa's mask or sexy rope tops on Momiji for example you took away who they are right there the characters are already very shallow what little they had gets lost when you start taking how they like to dress and give that style to another character who normally would wear something that matches who she is

I like Lisa
I also like Momiji

yes something is lost

Lisa better get a ninja costume!

system11

Oh man that sucks, Team Ninja keeps on giving with this game...

You've been SCEEd.

The EU PSN store is still such a broken mess right now. Still no season pass, Halloween costume set prices are still obviously broken, nothing carries over from PS3 yet, etc.

I got excited when my PS4 downloaded the 1.02 patch today, forgetting I also had core fighters downloaded from the US store...

I would argue there's too much tematic outfits in DOA. I just want some plain peasant dressing stuff.

Because its cool to have options for everything

But thats not true, Thing is TN sometimes show to me that this strong ninja girl go fight in a bathsuit, or with her tits naked by a collar flower, or with a succubus costume... And you know that's not how she is in the storyline. Then why we cant mix match costumes and make more regular stuff? We would not do worse than what TN is doing with some costumes, and it adds a layer of fun on customizing, and also the opportunity to have more fitting costumes for your tastes.

besides what I don't like about it, why is this option missing?
I wonder if they could patch this in or we would have to wait for DOA6 for what you guys are talking about

Lisa better get a ninja costume!

Ninja Pack 2 I hope I want hers in gold or white

L1,L2,R1,R2 all at the same time on the Option menu

what is the PS4 version of this? I do not want to play the guys so they need to unlock the easy way I did all the girls the hard way

Vazra

what is the PS4 version of this? I do not want to play the guys so they need to unlock the easy way I did all the girls the hard way

Same as PS3. Main menu, pick options and press all those buttons at the same time. You should hear a sound confirmation.

ShinMaruku

Good games to everybody. I hope you guys liked bboy beatin your asses. He's doing top 8 at the tourneys, so if you need help ask him. He's good.

Azuardo

thanks

Is LAST ROUND the very last expansion?

no hope of new guest fighters

I want Senran Kagura cast instead

Pretty sure there was mention of possible new DLC characters at some point. cba looking but it's in here somewhere.

I expect DLC characters to come anyway, to keep the community and game's life going. But this should indeed be the last official game release update.

Top Bottom