• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

So I was thinking of getting this since I do have DAO5U, though I didn't get a chance to put too much time into it but I heard the PS4 version had some significant problems (some people got save wipes on the language setting or something like that). Did they patch it up? I was thinking of waiting for the pc version instead, though I'm also worried they might side swipe me with performance issues or port problems since I can run most games but I usually can't max out settings on games like Evil Within.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I was thinking of getting this since I do have DAO5U, though I didn't get a chance to put too much time into it but I heard the PS4 version had some significant problems (some people got save wipes on the language setting or something like that). Did they patch it up? I was thinking of waiting for the pc version instead, though I'm also worried they might side swipe me with performance issues or port problems since I can run most games but I usually can't max out settings on games like Evil Within.

The save bug has been patched and the game seems to be working alright for people.

The save bug has been patched and the game seems to be working alright for people.

That's good to hear that they are on top of things. I was thinking of waiting till the pc release then hearing impressions and how it performs before deciding what to get. Though online not being on release is a real shame, since I also want to hear about the netcode for the pc version before comparing it to ps4. I have a large backlog of games, so I guess I'm not in too much of a hurry to wait and see.

Vazra

That's good to hear that they are on top of things. I was thinking of waiting till the pc release then hearing impressions and how it performs before deciding what to get. Though online not being on release is a real shame, since I also want to hear about the netcode for the pc version before comparing it to ps4. I have a large backlog of games, so I guess I'm not in too much of a hurry to wait and see.

Not a lot of info has been said about the PC version (officially) which makes people think it will be a half assed port.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There are other things, SCEE themselves will say things are available and they aren't (various), they get prices wrong all over the place (DOA), people with season passes being charged for DLC (Diva F 2nd), it just seems like a total clusterfuck.

Still no 1.02 patch, no season pass, and lots of mis-priced DLC.

If I don't have any DLC from earlier games and am jumping in fresh, does SCEE have everything up?

If I don't have any DLC from earlier games and am jumping in fresh, does SCEE have everything up?

NO , SCEE is still missing things last time i checked.

It's kinda annoying

EDIT : Wait you don't have dlc from earlier games ? Then you'll be fine ONLY if you want pack of costumes and not individual ones.

EDIT : Wait you don't have dlc from earlier games ? Then you'll be fine ONLY if you want pack of costumes and not individual ones.

You also need to be careful if you want to buy old Ultimate DLC as some prices are wrong (case in point being the 2013 Halloween set, which is 45€ instead of 25 or 26, can't remember). We also still don't have patch 1.02, so Throwdown crashes are still frequent and we can't play online with people from the rest of the world as they already have patch 1.02. It's a bit of a mess, really. :/

Azuardo

Activated my free PS Plus 2-day trial without even thinking that I cannot play with Shin and other Americans because we are stuck with an older version of the game till next week.

FUCK YOU SCEE.

Any European scruffs like me searching Ranked or wanna lobby? I haven't played PS4 version online yet.

system11

NO , SCEE is still missing things last time i checked.

It's kinda annoying

The really big expensive pack. That's the only thing safe to buy on there, the rest is a disaster area. Don't buy any of the brand new stuff either if you have any intention of picking up the season pass which is also missing.

You have to wonder if they'll refund anyone unfortunate enough to pay the obviously broken Halloween prices.

thejpfin

Any European scruffs like me searching Ranked or wanna lobby? I haven't played PS4 version online yet.

Yeah sure, you kicked my ass with Kasumi some months ago, is my turn now. lol.

but am now getting an increase in rage-quitters
I don't really mind rage quitters. If the other guy quits, you get easy win.
I rage quitted too yesterday. I was stuck in rank matchmaking screen for an hour, before it found some high level doa player and I challenged him. As a DOA noob, that was a mistake. Sigh.
Gonna try rank matchmaking again when 1,02 patch hits EU PSN. Hopefully that will fix the matchmaking.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm surprised in that I haven't been getting hate mail, but am now getting an increase in rage-quitters and shit-talking going on in lobby chat and via mics instead.

Joined a two-man lobby and pretty handily beat both guys playing. One of them was like "look at this guy, he doesn't know how to play!" The other guy says "what do you mean" and he responds with "he's TURTLING! That means he's shit! Fucking turtler! No skill!" I then proceeded to destroy him and the shit-talking continued. I did something rare, plugged in a mic and told them I enjoyed laughing at his excuses, and quit.

Then I just played in a lobby with 4-5 other people. Got an 11 win-streak going. None of the players were that great. I'm talking about the kind of player who just does PPP over and over again and wonders why this doesn't work. One guy was a bit better but proceeded to whine in the chat that they must have nerfed the default characters (he meant the ninjas) which was clearly why he was losing. I responded with "you're not winning matches because you don't know how to play," and he followed with "NO I PRACTICED THIS GAME HAS LAG!" I lol'd.

But I love it when stuff like this happens. Stay salty, brehs. I had a 37 win-streak going this morning and a great Rig player ended that. Didn't bother me. Most of those wins came from playing people like the guys I was talking about above. I will never understand why people can get this worked up over losing a match in a video game. I'll get my ass kicked by people way better than I am and either keep going for practice, or quit out if it seems like they're just that much higher than me skill-wise. What is there to whine about?

deethagee and that streak.

That guy was crazy-good, holy shit. LOL.

cwistofu

I might be up for a few rounds in about half an hour! I'm not very good--all I have are some basic Momiji combos.

PSN: cwistofu

Demoskinos

So I tried doing Akira's combo challenges yesterday. I got through like 3 of them looked at the rest of the list and then promptly huddled in a corner crying.

Azuardo

So I tried doing Akira's combo challenges yesterday. I got through like 3 of them looked at the rest of the list and then promptly huddled in a corner crying.

Yeah, fuck him. I did like 20% and fucked it off. That 1 frame hold kick thing is dirty.

Yeah sure, you kicked my ass with Kasumi some months ago, is my turn now. lol.

Can play now matey. Will invite.

There shouldn't be this much lag -.-

Kumubou

Yeah, fuck him. I did like 20% and fucked it off. That 1 frame hold kick thing is dirty.
DoA5 allows you an easier way to do Akira's 1F knee: bind a button to K+G and then hit the K+G bind, and then K right after. For whatever reason, this works (or at least worked in 5 and 5U -- I haven't tested it in LR but the other dumb buffering stuff in LR still works so this probably does too).

Azuardo

DoA5 allows you an easier way to do Akira's 1F knee: bind a button to K+G and then hit the K+G bind, and then K right after. For whatever reason, this works (or at least worked in 5 and 5U -- I haven't tested it in LR but the other dumb buffering stuff in LR still works so this probably does too).

Pffft, just tried, but still can't get it out. Somehow managed to get lucky after god knows how many attempts in the command training, but can't pull it off when I want even with key binding.

thejpfin

There shouldn't be this much lag -.-
Not sure was it my internet going down or yours. Thankfully only the first 3 matches were laggy, rest were fine.

Just noticed that non-rank casual fun lobbies have an impact on your win/loss ration too. I always thought win/loss ration was only for ranked. Oh well, its a silly number that doesn't really matter imo.

Azuardo

Not sure was it my internet going down or yours. Thankfully only the first 3 matches were laggy, rest were fine.

Just noticed that non-rank casual fun lobbies have an impact on your win/loss ration too. I always thought win/loss ration was only for ranked. Oh well, its a silly number that doesn't really matter imo.

Yeah it was good for the most part. I had some lag free games earlier with EU folk.

I think the main menu stats include all lobby and ranked matches, but there are separate stats in your records menu for ranked and lobby wins/losses I believe.

Shouta

Pretty easily. Block then retaliate, stick mids and elbows to stop abare, lol.

They still got some rounds because it was laggy but eh. Decent confirm practice

Vazra

Pretty easily. Block then retaliate, stick mids and elbows to stop abare, lol.

They still got some rounds because it was laggy but eh. Decent confirm practice

Did they ever call you a spammer or masher for beating them? That is like the best part of the whole thing.

Vazra

I still haven't gotten any hate mail yet. I'm disappointed. :(

Ive gotten mostly Good match, Asking for tips, Giving tips, Great (Insert character) and mostly good things. Whenever the spammer or masher stuff shows up I simply respond with "Don't get bitter, get better"

DR2K

Banned
Did they ever call you a spammer or masher for beating them? That is like the best part of the whole thing.

I usually only get that when I use Helena. You just have to approach her differently. She's built to crush, evade, and side step. She's not safe, fast, or high damage character. She's a difficult character to be successful with.

Azuardo

Hmm, can't tell if this is 'cause I'm still on 1.01 or if this was a rage quitter. Battered some twat and just as the final round ended, as I was in the winning pose before my grade results came up, it faded to black, went to saving screen and went back into training mode (using Throwdowns). Did he quit right at the end? No message said he left, but his playstyle did seem the type to rage quit so it wouldn't have surprised me.

Shouta

Got bopped in that room but learned quite a bit. Rhythm is super fast and mixing up strikes to not get Counter'd but still convert into damage is way more important than in previous DOAs with the critical burst combos. Seemed a little harder to learn in lag but getting to observe patterns was pretty nice. It definitely has the same VF back and forth to it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Something must have been up today, because much like Shouta, I found myself in endless button masher matches. This led to a 41 match winning streak, which felt pretty pointless-- except to someone I didn't even play. Quit out of a lobby after my last match for the evening and received my first hate mail for LR! This guy was actually salty that I didn't play him and accused me of running from the match to keep win streak intact. Clearly I was scared of a player I've never played against or watched fight! This game, man. This game.

Also watched someone with Core Fighters try valiantly to pick a character unavailable to him. Dude would not let up on the X button.

Demoskinos

Something must have been up today, because much like Shouta, I found myself in endless button masher matches. This led to a 41 match winning streak, which felt pretty pointless-- except to someone I didn't even play. Quit out of a lobby after my last match for the evening and received my first hate mail for LR! This guy was actually salty that I didn't play him and accused me of running from the match to keep win streak intact. Clearly I was scared of a player I've never played against or watched fight! This game, man. This game.

Also watched someone with Core Fighters try valiantly to pick a character unavailable to him. Dude would not let up on the X button.

If I just hit this button enough times....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Got bopped in that room but learned quite a bit. Rhythm is super fast and mixing up strikes to not get Counter'd but still convert into damage is way more important than in previous DOAs with the critical burst combos. Seemed a little harder to learn in lag but getting to observe patterns was pretty nice. It definitely has the same VF back and forth to it.

Counters are the bane of my existence. Especially online. People are able to counter me, while I attempt to counter their string and eat a complete combo. :/

ban25

So I've been playing this game purely as if it were VF (Sarah, Pai, Jacky), but it almost feels like blocking is worthless with critical stun/burst. Guess I need to learn some DOA specific mechanics, sigh...

Dezner

Hey guys! ^_^

I finally got around to hooking up my brand new PS4 last night! :eek: Luckily I remembered something in the corner of my mind regarding the save transfer from DOA5:Ultimate, so I'm glad that I was able to do it! Was a bit of a pain though, but not too bad.

Hopefully I'll be playing some Last Round this weekend and in the future, add me on PSN (OrangeGouf) if you like easy wins! :p

Vazra

This needs to return as a running gag in future games.
1c9722e0cb.gif

Top Bottom