• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Ferr986

I didnt get any hate mail yet, but I get some random shitty comments in the chat.
Like yesterday a dude called me lagger after winning him. And the other day another one said I had no life. It's turning out to be funny.

TheWriter

Little gives me more pleasure than to play dirty with Nyo against the hordes of ninja players that infest this game. It was bad in DoA4, but the f2p version has raised the ninja ratio to 90 % or something. As soon as I see someone using a ninja, I'm just going into cheese mode and do Nyos summersault and tornado. Lots of rage in the chat that way.
In the rare case that someone uses one of the other two dozen characters, I either change to Rachel or Pai or just change tactics so I can practice fighting closely with slow Nyo. One would say, it's more "fair play".

Also, Alpha and Phase 4 are annoying as hell. Half the time spend on those fights is just waiting for their long ass combos to finish. Really wish the game had less characters with teleports, something about it grinds my gears.

Demoskinos

Little gives me more pleasure than to play dirty with Nyo against the hordes of ninja players that infest this game. It was bad in DoA4, but the f2p version has raised the ninja ratio to 90 % or something. As soon as I see someone using a ninja, I'm just going into cheese mode and do Nyos summersault and tornado. Lots of rage in the chat that way.
In the rare case that someone uses one of the other two dozen characters, I either change to Rachel or Pai or just change tactics so I can practice fighting closely with slow Nyo. One would say, it's more "fair play".

Also, Alpha and Phase 4 are annoying as hell. Half the time spend on those fights is just waiting for their long ass combos to finish. Really wish the game had less characters with teleports, something about it grinds my gears.

The only time I get a little bit salty playing this is when people pick Alpha-152 online. She is just so annoying to fight. I can do it but she is just not fun to fight against. :(

Azuardo

Is there no way to permanently block a person from coming into a public lobby unless you make a private one?

I ended up host of a public one, but some cunt kept joining who didn't even play when he got into the match, making character/stage select timer drag down to zero, and wasting loads of time in-game. Then the times he did play, he was on mic being a fucking weirdo. I kept kicking him, but he kept rejoining.

Hubb

Is there no way to permanently block a person from coming into a public lobby unless you make a private one?

I ended up host of a public one, but some cunt kept joining who didn't even play when he got into the match, making character/stage select timer drag down to zero, and wasting loads of time in-game. Then the times he did play, he was on mic being a fucking weirdo. I kept kicking him, but he kept rejoining.

Block them all together? I don't think so. If you made the lobby you should be able to kick someone. Annoying, but at least it is something.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Have also been finding lobbies with players who create the rooms, then just sit there or go AFK. Sometimes for hours on end. Unlike in some other fighters where you can keep playing regardless of what the host is doing, in DOA5 you can't play until the host starts the match.

Kicking people is also annoying because you have to make sure that there's enough time between fights to start (the default setting is only a few seconds; not enough) and then hope that the people next up to play haven't started already.

Eolz

This needs to return as a running gag in future games.
1c9722e0cb.gif

It's still there, isn't it? When Ayane slaps Elliot.

There's no slapping in DOA5, even if Ayane tries (Brad & Eliott).
But in the past, slaps everywhere (the most violent one probably being Ryu slapping Kasumi really hard).

I'd be okay with a new DOA Dimensions on the next gen btw (not this one).

Azuardo

haha man, being stuck on 1.01 is awful. Constantly my throwdowns turn off while training, paving way for a locked loading screen upon exit, causing restart of entire game.

ShinMaruku

There's no slapping in DOA5, even if Ayane tries (Brad & Eliott).
But in the past, slaps everywhere (the most violent one probably being Ryu slapping Kasumi really hard).

I'd be okay with a new DOA Dimensions on the next gen btw (not this one).

Brad perving on Ayane is a running gag too. "Hey that's my sister!"
"Huh your sister?!"

Dubz

Just beat a guy that was on a 42 game win streak. I was down 2 rounds too. Feels amazing, even if it was a little lucky.

His name is death-note77

Dereck

If I wanted to buy this game, with all DLC, all costumes, all season passes, all everything everything, how much would it cost?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I wanted to buy this game, with all DLC, all costumes, all season passes, all everything everything, how much would it cost?

40 game
93 Season Pass
93 Ultimate Outfits
and there will be more DLC so no idea. what else you gonna be spending but so far 226

really hoped to get betterat this game but online is just so dead on ps4, almost no ranked matches and using the throw downs can take forever at times. It feels like no one bougth this gane, Got my plat and I'm down with this =\ I'll come back to it if they release a sexy Marie Rose outfit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG PS3 patching is so SLOOOOOOW.

Deleted the patches to use my Ultimate save (since the PS3 version saves the Ultimate save) for a second and then repatching has been sitting here at "15 minutes left" for like... 15 minutes.

PSN whyyyy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
really hoped to get betterat this game but online is just so dead on ps4, almost no ranked matches and using the throw downs can take forever at times. It feels like no one bougth this gane, Got my plat and I'm down with this =\ I'll come back to it if they release a sexy Marie Rose outfit.

Do player matches. Plenty of lobbies.

TheWriter

Ranked is not the way to go online, honestly. I'm currently stuck at D rank, and when I cannot find matches in ranked I just go to Lobby, and the higher your rank is in there, the more people avoid fighting you.
Some of the best players I fought were still rank LR, and nobody minded losing against them ... but come in as a D, C or B rank and people are leaving the lobby like lemmings. It's a weird perception issue.

Hubb

Like it has been said, lobbies are the way to go. If you prefer I am pretty bad and I would be down for a sparring partner.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Whats the story behind this? lol

I know its from Dimensions but whats up with the weird faces? Photo mode?

The story cutscenes are mostly like that. Not many cutscenes are fully animated.

As for background Ayane said she wouldn't follow Kasumi as a leader or some shit like that.

Azuardo

Was one of the issues on 1.01 online matches freezing when certain people join the lobby? Because that has happened twice now for me.

LuuKyK

Yup. I just need to resist that temptation to try to counter all the goddamn time.

I have this problem too. :(

The thing is I don't even counter 98% of the time and end up getting destroyed because I am too dedicated to perfecting it. I am so into it that I forget to attack. lol My ability in fighting games is really something else. I really should stick to mashing buttons I guess.

Azuardo

Even on 1.01 still, there are plenty of EU people in lobbies. Definitely where it's at for matches. Good games tonight. I might get Plus after the patch. I have some spare cash in my PSN wallet.

One thing I got to learn is how to try to get out of stun combos by holding block and shaking the D-pad frantically. Most peoples first reaction is to try counter or hope that the opponent screws up somehow when they are getting pounded by hits. Still got a ways to go.

TheWriter

Even on 1.01 still, there are plenty of EU people in lobbies. Definitely where it's at for matches. Good games tonight. I might get Plus after the patch. I have some spare cash in my PSN wallet.

Shout out to your Kasumi. Managed to cheese her, but we both were tired already (was the Nyo).

I didnt get any hate mail yet, but I get some random shitty comments in the chat.
Like yesterday a dude called me lagger after winning him. And the other day another one said I had no life. It's turning out to be funny.

I've never understood this at all. I love the DOA franchise but suck at them when it comes to fighting other player since I play defensively with counters and players are a ton harder to read I find, but I've never been mad at anyone but myself for sucking at it.

I distinctly remember having my ass handed to me every single time I tried DOA4 online other than one fight I actually managed to win, but not once has it occurred to me to have a go at the other player for being better at it. It just seems like a really strange way to deal with losing to me, as common as it is.

Hubb

I've never understood this at all. I love the DOA franchise but suck at them when it comes to fighting other player since I play defensively with counters and players are a ton harder to read I find, but I've never been mad at anyone but myself for sucking at it.

I distinctly remember having my ass handed to me every single time I tried DOA4 online other than one fight I actually managed to win, but not once has it occurred to me to have a go at the other player for being better at it. It just seems like a really strange way to deal with losing to me, as common as it is.

You sound like a reasonable person. Most people raging/sending hate mail are not reasonable people. Either that, or they have anger issues.

synce

Ranked is not the way to go online, honestly. I'm currently stuck at D rank, and when I cannot find matches in ranked I just go to Lobby, and the higher your rank is in there, the more people avoid fighting you.
Some of the best players I fought were still rank LR, and nobody minded losing against them ... but come in as a D, C or B rank and people are leaving the lobby like lemmings. It's a weird perception issue.

If anyone runs away due to a meaningless rank they're honestly not worth playing anyway :p

I do miss vanilla's ranked mode though. No problems finding matches. Everything went to hell when they updated the system to allow fight refusals

Xevren

If anyone runs away due to a meaningless rank they're honestly not worth playing anyway :p

I do miss vanilla's ranked mode though. No problems finding matches. Everything went to hell when they updated the system to allow fight refusals

Yea the fight refusal is so dumb. The only thing that should even be shown at the rank match up screen is the other persons connection, that's it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm never gonna finish the Tutorial in DOA5+. Like, I'm nearly 50% of the way through but some of the combos like 3P+K 6P->4K 2K is driving me insane before I can even GET the freaking 6P+K into a critical burst down. :/

Azuardo

Shout out to your Kasumi. Managed to cheese her, but we both were tired already (was the Nyo).

Ahh, were you the Fama-something guy? Some good games in there.

One thing I got to learn is how to try to get out of stun combos by holding block and shaking the D-pad frantically. Most peoples first reaction is to try counter or hope that the opponent screws up somehow when they are getting pounded by hits. Still got a ways to go.

This is something I've had some trouble with. I've been trying to shake out of stun by holding H and mashing d-pad, like the tutorial explains, but I seem to keep coming out with holds when I'm doing this online, causing me to get punished. Don't know if lag is a factor in this, or if I need to adjust something myself to ensure holds don't come out.

How backward compatible are DLC items bought in packs with previous games?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-CUSA01665_00-DOA5UDLCFULL0000

If I bought this would I be able to use the costumes in Ultimate if wanted to? Would I be able to use the Private Paradise movies in 5+?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-B000000000001353

Would I be able to use Phase-4, Marie Rose & Nyotengu and all their Ultimate costumes in Ulitmate?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-DOA5DLCFULL00000

Could I use these costumes in Vanilla if I so wanted to?

I live in a world where I have to ask these questions. Wow.

Demoskinos

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-CUSA01665_00-DOA5UDLCFULL0000

If I bought this would I be able to use the costumes in Ultimate if wanted to? Would I be able to use the Private Paradise movies in 5+?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-B000000000001353

Would I be able to use Phase-4, Marie Rose & Nyotengu and all their Ultimate costumes in Ulitmate?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-set/cid=UP4108-NPUB31289_00-DOA5DLCFULL00000

Anything bought in DOA 5 U carries over. Anything from DOA 5 or DOA5+ does not carry over. Also, by default there are a large selection of costumes that were previously DLC that are just on the disc automatically. Like for instance, the santa outfits.

Anything bought in DOA 5 U carries over. Anything from DOA 5 or DOA5+ does not carry over. Also, by default there are a large selection of costumes that were previously DLC that are just on the disc automatically. Like for instance, the santa outfits.

Well, so far as TN has said, the DOA5 content is intended to have been carried over. The only pack from DOA5/5+ not included by default for LR is Hot Getaway, which many of us have been told is supposed to have a fix for.

Azuardo

You can't use new characters/costumes in vanilla DOA5.

Ultimate auto-updates into Last Round through a patch, for compatibility/balance purposes to play with other LR players, so if you own 5U on disc or digital, you technically now own LR. So yes, if you buy new characters/costumes now, you will be able to use them on your 5U game (which is now LR).

You can't use new characters/costumes in vanilla DOA5.

Ultimate auto-updates into Last Round through a patch, for compatibility/balance purposes to play with other LR players, so if you own 5U on disc or digital, you technically now own LR. So yes, if you buy new characters/costumes now, you will be able to use them on your 5U game (which is now LR).

I see.

Looking at these answers I think I may have worded the question wrong.

I guess what I was originally asking was if I bought old content in a pack in the new version of the game could I use it in the old one without any issues?

This is also in understanding of that one game's DLC is another's unlocked costume. This is also in understanding if I randomly ever wanted to play a previous version and still be able to use the costume that was originally DLC.

Stanng243

I own the third one, and even though it includes the hot getaway content, it's nut unlocked for my PS4.

Top Bottom