• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Vade

You can't use new characters/costumes in vanilla DOA5.

Ultimate auto-updates into Last Round through a patch, for compatibility/balance purposes to play with other LR players, so if you own 5U on disc or digital, you technically now own LR. So yes, if you buy new characters/costumes now, you will be able to use them on your 5U game (which is now LR).

I thought the PS3 update was just turning your game into Last Round F2P, as in you can only use the F2P characters even though you have all the disc/digital download characters that came with the original.

If you wanted the trophies on last round ps3 you would have to buy like story mode even though you already have story mode on your ultimate disc/digital copy. Shit such as that was confusing as hell.

Azuardo

I thought the PS3 update was just turning your game into Last Round F2P, as in you can only use the F2P characters even though you have all the disc/digital download characters that came with the original.

If you wanted the trophies on last round ps3 you would have to buy like story mode even though you already have story mode on your ultimate disc/digital copy. Shit such as that was confusing as hell.
Your full 5U game wouldn't turn into LR F2P. What, you paid full price for 5U, and because of a patch, you now suddenly can't play all your characters? It becomes LR in the sense you can now play with people that own LR itself or are playing the F2P LR version.

I think what he was asking specifically was if he would be able to use new DLC characters on his old Ultimate game. The answer is yes, because his 5U gets the LR patch to enable characters like Raidou and Honoka to be used if bought, and to play with other LR players.

TheWriter

I love Nyo so much, I'm terribad with her, but she is so much fun to use. She's my Morrigan. I hope she becomes a main stay from now on. With story mode and Xtreme Beach entry and all that. In the recent poll she seems to have placed #7, so chances are good, since people like her.
She needs a costume with invisible or translucent wings tho.

Azuardo

I played this guy last night and exchanged some messages with him. He told me to check his twitter out, and saw he was the one who messaged Harada.

I think someone did say the patch would be arriving this week for us, but neither SCEE, KT Europe or TN seems to have officially said anything.

I hear people say Tecmo doesn't give a shit about Europe. Is that true? I haven't followed them excessively outside of DOA5 in more recent years. It sounds like a combination of all parties not treating Europe properly.

Eolz

Didn't get in a lobby lately as I was pretty busy, might play again a bit this week, me & my bad habits :p.

I played this guy last night and exchanged some messages with him. He told me to check his twitter out, and saw he was the one who messaged Harada.

I think someone did say the patch would be arriving this week for us, but neither SCEE, KT Europe or TN seems to have officially said anything.

I hear people say Tecmo doesn't give a shit about Europe. Is that true? I haven't followed them excessively outside of DOA5 in more recent years. It sounds like a combination of all parties not treating Europe properly.

Not really, it's a mix. KT Europe likes Europe, but SCEE and TN/KT(japan) seem to have comprehension problems, and SCEE itself takes longer to validate things than Sony US for a lot more than just Tecmo.

i think we usually get better treatment with releases compared to NA. the PSN store is the only exception. it's always messy with these guys for some reason.

Azuardo

Yeah, KT Europe has been delivering a lot of goods, publishing lots of JRPGs and stuff, either in time or just before NA releases. From that point of view, it doesn't look like we're getting fucked off by them, whereas other regions of the same publisher can take months or simply never announce a European version of games.

Makes me think people are directing complaints at KT Europe unjustifiably. I think the social side of KTE itself may even be slightly misinformed or not informed at all on certain aspects. Like the time they said PC info would be coming the following week, and when they thought the F2P version of LR wouldn't need PS Plus. Can imagine it's hard trying to get correct info from Japan at times, and don't think people should solely pin the blame on them.

Seems much more rational to look at SCEE and TN.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think we all expect it to be a straight port of the XB1 version. Simply look for the path of least effort.

They can always port the PS3 version like the team that ported the PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 instead of the PS4 version.

system11

They can always port the PS3 version like the team that ported the PS3 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 instead of the PS4 version.

Oh dear. I knew they'd ported the PS3 one but didn't know the PS4 one actually existed at the time. On the other hand it may have saved you from the hyper aggressive DoF blur.

Vazra

Oh dear. I knew they'd ported the PS3 one but didn't know the PS4 one actually existed at the time. On the other hand it may have saved you from the hyper aggressive DoF blur.

You could probably fix the DoF crap on PC tho.

Fury451

Banned
So, apologies if this has been asked repeatedly, but is this worth picking up (PS4)? Final Round I mean.

I haven't played any of DOA5, and haven't played the series in general in quite some time (probably 3 was the last real one, maybe a bit of 4), but I'm pretty confused at the content in this one even after reading about it, and have gotten very mixed input from others on whether it's worthwhile to jump in, and if it's worth playing/paying for.

Skilletor

So, apologies if this has been asked repeatedly, but is this worth picking up (PS4)? Final Round I mean.

I haven't played any of DOA5, and haven't played the series in general in quite some time (probably 3 was the last real one, maybe a bit of 4), but I'm pretty confused at the content in this one even after reading about it, and have gotten very mixed input from others on whether it's worthwhile to jump in, and if it's worth playing/paying for.

Download core fighters and see for yourself.

Azuardo

Bayo, can you put a size 72 bold pink font at the top of the OP to say that you can download this game for free? Cheers la'.

Vazra

The game is worth the $40. You get 34 characters and around 300 outfits and with more optional outfits to purchase if you want anything else. You get Story, Arcade, Time Attack, Survival, Tag Matches, Training Mode, Command Training, Combo Challenge, Online Play, Online training, Tag Matches Online too.

There is a lot of content on the disc to make it worth the money.

Fury451

Banned
Download core fighters and see for yourself.

Is that the F2P aspect? I just found out about that right after I posted lol. Thanks for the heads up though.

The game is worth the $40. You get 34 characters and around 300 outfits and with more optional outfits to purchase if you want anything else. You get Story, Arcade, Time Attack, Survival, Tag Matches, Training Mode, Command Training, Combo Challenge, Online Play, Online training, Tag Matches Online too.

There is a lot of content on the disc to make it worth the money.

Wow, that is quite a bit of content- particularly with all the various modes, which is he main draw for me. Thanks for the breakdown.

Vazra

Is that the F2P aspect? I just found out about that right after I posted lol. Thanks for the heads up though.

Wow, that is quite a bit of content- particularly with all the various modes, which is he main draw for me. Thanks for the breakdown.

Free 2 Play Version (Core Fighters) gives you pretty much all modes except story mode. You get 4 free characters and IIRC there are 2 characters in rotation for you to try. You may purchase what you like and ignore every other character if you desire but if in the end if you want the full package you're better off buying the $40 version than buying everything individually from the F2P version.

Bayo, can you put a size 72 bold pink font at the top of the OP to say that you can download this game for free? Cheers la'.
This works for ya?
eeabeafaed.png

RM8

I keep lurking the thread and I wonder if it'll still be active by the time I can play the game (waiting for the Steam release), let alone by the time I can play online, lol.

Vazra

I keep lurking the thread and I wonder if it'll still be active by the time I can play the game (waiting for the Steam release), let alone by the time I can play online, lol.

If its anything like Ultimate OT it should be active.

Hackworth

Skullgirls all over again, but we don't even get an endless beta out of it.

Skilletor

It's been about the same people posting in DoA5 threads for 3 years, lol.

Raidou's combo challenge was awesome. Triple EWGF in DoA is a thing of beauty.

Demoskinos

That doesn't bode well then. I've gotten to difficulty 3 with Hitomi, and they aren't being kind to me. Thank you for the input though.

Leon's is pretty brain dead for the most part. If you're looking to just squeak out one for the trophy I'd say that is your best bet.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Alright GAF i thinking i fucked up?

Hear me out.
I got the trial on Xbox One but i caved and had to triple dip so i got the disk, when i launched it......it said i was still in trial, so i uninstalled the trial.......now the disk is saying im core fighter mode and its i guess downloading corefighters over plus all the fighters....what did i do wrong or is this just what to expect???? after playing trial?

I just want my hitomi to be online.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
its probably installing.

Does it install core fighters first?
I got the disk and the preorder code for my retailer........cuz my Xb1 disk drive is silent.
And when i disconnect as i usually do when installing new games it stops.
Not that my net is slow but its been at 15% since my last post.

Nori Chan

Does it install core fighters first?
I got the disk and the preorder code for my retailer........cuz my Xb1 disk drive is silent.
And when i disconnect as i usually do when installing new games it stops.
Not that my net is slow but its been at 15% since my last post.
Yeah you're basically downloading core fighters but with every character and story as a single download

yeah it's dumb but what can you do about it

Top Bottom