• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

ShinMaruku

I can jump on for a little while
Game crashed. But now that I have you on the DOA list when I do a gaf lobby you can get an invite. I been streaming for 8 hours >_>

GGs guys. Mark, your Phase 4 is pretty awesome. I gotta work on that match up!
GGs thanks. I been working all week on my Phase 4.

Crud I gotta go. GGs. I'm down to play more whenever in the future.
Thank you for coming.

Remeber folks I have open lobby from 12 -5/6 then I have a gaf private lobby at 7-8 and it goes for a hour or two.

Eolz

Sorry for not accepting the invite, I usually don't play this late but finally could do GTA heists worth some friends.
Lobby seemed pretty fun from what I'm reading.

SteelBallRun

Neo Member
Anyone else have this problem on the PS3 Version? Downloaded all the compatibility packs yet its still showing the costumes as locked, as if I haven't downloaded them. However on the PS4 version all the free ones show up just fine.

Also can I upgrade to Last Round on the 360 if I have the disc version of Ultimate?

Man I forgot this was coming out. FML. Can't buy since I need to fix my car first. Ugh and now I'll miss out on the dlc costumes (they'll go on sale eventually yes?) Bahh.

Ninja Helena rocks
http://youtu.be/_QargomVuVo

New wall tech
http://youtu.be/syUqxx8Nh0g

Works on all weight classes. Below are 2 sample combos on mid and heavy weight classes.

http://youtu.be/2hyd-N-mDzI

http://youtu.be/s8XbwKJXma8

I also found new wall tech or at least tech not very common or shared. After a wall splat you can side step in whatever direction you want and do a fast enough attack (I think Helenas jab is 11 frames) and position your enemy wherever you want. It's usefulness you ask? In this video I hit a danger zone starting from an adjacent wall. So it has potential.

I bought the ninja packs on PS4 but no auto download. How did you get them to show up?

cwistofu

I'm losing to online tech from an Ayane who just runs away and then rolls around and either does her leg grab, the mid-K or her 66K. It's infuriating. And whenver she's close and I try to sidestep, it seems like everything she does tracks. AUGH.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm losing to online tech from an Ayane who just runs away and then rolls around and either does her leg grab, the mid-K or her 66K. It's infuriating. And whenver she's close and I try to sidestep, it seems like everything she does tracks. AUGH.

That's me :-/
b30f297831.gif

Vazra

hahaha. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING WHAT DO I DO. tell me ayane's secrets.

If you see her jumping crouch to evade the grab and if spinning try attacking low. Ayane can be hard to predict but defense and looking for openings is the key. Also if you see her spinning attack her.

Ferr986

That jump grab thing sucks. Sometimes I sidestep it and it still tracks me.

cwistofu

I did find that Momiji's 7K stuffed a lot of Ayane's stuff on approach, but that hit/hurtbox really makes no sense to me. It almost feels like a Street Fighter DP with how many things it beats. Maybe I should use it more.

I bought the ninja packs on PS4 but no auto download. How did you get them to show up?

If you're on PS4 and you already downloaded the correct catalogue (catalogue 6 I think) and they still don't show up, try using DigitalHitmann's method. It worked fine for me, the only annoyance is that it rearranged the PS4's menu games/apps icons.

After you buy the DLC, power your system off completely. Press and hold the power button, itll beep once and then 8-10 seconds later itll beep again. This brings up safe mode. In safe mode choose "Rebuild Database". Let it do its thing. After the system powers down and turns back on, boot the game.

LUXURY

Crouching works.

This. Side step in Dead or Alive 5 is not ideal for much. Some characters have so many tracking moves.

I'm also confused as to whether the hot getaway costumes are able to transfer yet or not. I'm on Xbox One. I go to the pack or the individual costumes, still just says buy. Come on now.

Vazra

This. Side step in Dead or Alive 5 is not ideal for much.
Sidestepping mostly works against Kokoro and a good player using Kokoro knows to not do full strings and use her as a stun after stun beast she can be. I have been improving her on Last Round and she is back as main leaving Tina as a secondary main after realizing things with the combo challenge.

xion4360

Sidestepping mostly works against Kokoro and a good player using Kokoro knows to not do full strings and use her as a stun after stun beast she can be. I have been improving her on Last Round and she is back as main leaving Tina as a secondary main after realizing things with the combo challenge.

Nice, would like to see you play sometime.

ShinMaruku

you don't have to block cuz everything ayane does apparently high crushes. >_> I despise this character.
That's by design. If you know frame data and when to attack when people push out unwise buttons Ayane will destroy them. The issue comes from she's fast as all hell. Which is why I love fighting overly buttony Rigs, because that's when they lose from all the counter hits that crush and give her stupid damage.

When she rolls attack it's hella unsafe. It's supposed to be used to mind fuck people at the end. That's how I use it. :E

Ayane movement tends to confuse people a lot. I get confused with Rig tho.
Exactly until you realize you can bust them for some o d the moves.

That jump grab thing sucks. Sometimes I sidestep it and it still tracks me.
Kick her out of it.

This. Side step in Dead or Alive 5 is not ideal for much. Some characters have so many tracking moves.
Look at Marie Rose's side step it's something to behold.

Demoskinos

Marie has an actual sidestep everything else is a free step. Legacy of DOA2.

Not sure if it counts but Rachel has her side twirly thing (thats the technical term for it) as well. Its not as good as Marie's side step but you can still dodge with it if timed properly.

xion4360

Marie Rose, Rachel, Bayman, Hayate, and Christie have their own unique command sidestep or roll, and everyone has a standard side step. Christie is by far the best, but Marie Rose' one is really good too. Freestep is just holding up/down to walk to the side, its effective against a lot, but its not meant to step you out of a linear combo like the sidestep will do.

TheWriter

Had a laggy Hayate enter my lobby today while I was practicing with Mila. He beat me through cartwheels and the power of lag, then proceeded to beat up some other LRs. Then he left, with the message "Train more please" in chat.
Half an hour later, he returns, gets his laggy ass kicked by me spamming Milas throwdown, then ragequits and writes "nice connection noob" in chat.
I love hypocrites and how fighting games expose their sour asses.

In other news, I love how I can actually go into the offense as Mila as opposed to bait-punishing mistakes as Nyo. Fights flow so much better with her.

Demoskinos

Had a laggy Hayate enter my lobby today while I was practicing with Mila. He beat me through cartwheels and the power of lag, then proceeded to beat up some other LRs. Then he left, with the message "Train more please" in chat.
Half an hour later, he returns, gets his laggy ass kicked by me spamming Milas throwdown, then ragequits and writes "nice connection noob" in chat.
I love hypocrites and how fighting games expose their sour asses.

In other news, I love how I can actually go into the offense as Mila as opposed to bait-punishing mistakes as Nyo. Fights flow so much better with her.

Heh, I had a laggy Honoka nearly beat me in ranked yesterday. Then I found out he really liked spamming the Jan Lee unblockable dragon kick and just kept baiting him to do that then punishing. Finally got up to D- rank!

Top Bottom