• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Hubb

The DOA5 ones have a price and the DOA5+ one is listed as unavailable. I've had the costume pack in both versions of the game.

Edit: This isn't the first time I got screwed by this particular. It's in my copy of doa5+ right now, but in the store on the Vita there is a price listed with them. So if I delete the data for the the game on my Vita I would have to buy them again. Also that set was supposed to carry over to the PS3 versions of the game but it didn't, so I bought the set again on my PS3. So even though I bougt the set twice already, I can't get it on ps4 unless I pay for it yet again.

I think TN is ok with this kind of thing. Send them "proof of purchase", and they'll credit you the code. You should NOT have to rebuy any costume assuming you are using the same account.

For xbox one you have to download them all individually :\

Like go to each individual costume page and install

I understand why, but it is fucking stupid.

system11

The season pass just appeared in the UK PSN store - you have to access it from the PSN store though, not from within the game.

It's ... £73.99. A whole £12.50 more expensive than the XB1 pass. What the fucking hell SCEE/Koei.

Demoskinos

Fun lobby tonight. Went out of my way to try to counter less and punish with throws more. If it weren't for a few mistakes I should have had a few of those tonight. :)

Pimpbaa

I think TN is ok with this kind of thing. Send them "proof of purchase", and they'll credit you the code. You should NOT have to rebuy any costume assuming you are using the same account.

Yeah I just sent them an email, hopefully they will send me a code or something because this is really annoying.

LUXURY

Are you looking at the one that's been there since day one or the ones they put up today that are labeled with DOA5 and DOA5+? If you grab all 4 of those, or maybe just the DOA5+ pack, the actual LR set ends up showing as purchased after grabbing the free ones they put up today.

This DLC thing is mind fucking boggling. I can't believe it is this long after the release and it's still a mess. The only costumes I can't get yet are Hot Getaway (the bikinis from Ultimate's Preorder if I remember correctly) and you guys are saying those are now downloadable? On Xbox Store, it still says $1.99. I guess I'll look for what you said but in all honesty, this shouldn't even be something I have to do. Other games handle this sort of thing without any problem.

DR2K

Banned
Ninja Helena rocks
http://youtu.be/_QargomVuVo

New wall tech
http://youtu.be/syUqxx8Nh0g

Works on all weight classes. Below are 2 sample combos on mid and heavy weight classes.

http://youtu.be/2hyd-N-mDzI

http://youtu.be/s8XbwKJXma8

I also found new wall tech or at least tech not very common or shared. After a wall splat you can side step in whatever direction you want and do a fast enough attack (I think Helenas jab is 11 frames) and position your enemy wherever you want. It's usefulness you ask? In this video I hit a danger zone starting from an adjacent wall. So it has potential.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1 Month ago my Phase 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5S-hBkUZT0

Today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5wt9fDHdI8
Hows the improvement guys?
My new Avvie is so gonna get avatar quoted. XD

Ok so I have a new format I think for my lobbies. Perhaps a 3-4 hour early stream then later on in the evening a 40 to 70 min evening stream with just gaf people in a smaller private lobby?

The improvements are great IMO.

I kinda expected you with this avatar over Alpha.
204884178a.png

LuuKyK

So I've been playing the game in patches for the last two days or so. I am having a great time.

So far I have a few favorite characters. In no particular order: Helena, Christie, Ayane, Kasumi, Rig and Lisa. If I had to point out a favorite from those it would have to be Helena though. She looks amazing and her moveset is awesome.

Btw, is it me or its really hard to play as Marie Rose? I can't combo to save my life, and she is weird with those side-jumps or whatever. Her kicks are kinda hard to pull off too. ;|

Holy shit, just fought an actually good Helena.

What on earth are you supposed to do against her?
Sit on your hands and hum a catchy jingle. Her mixups are simply unmatched.

Back in my vanilla days, she and Christie were super annoying. Now Rachel is on that list...she's dangerous.

cwistofu

Sit on your hands and hum a catchy jingle. Her mixups are simply unmatched.

Back in my vanilla days, she and Christie were super annoying. Now Rachel is on that list...she's dangerous.

So just never let her in? Gawd I wish Momiji could use her nagitana in this game. 44K is great for poking but...

Demoskinos

So I've been playing the game in patches for the last two days or so. I am having a great time.

So far I have a few favorite characters. In no particular order: Helena, Christie, Ayane, Kasumi, Rig and Lisa. If I had to point out a favorite from those it would have to be Helena though. She looks amazing and her moveset is awesome.

Btw, is it me or its really hard to play as Marie Rose? I can't combo to save my life, and she is weird with those side-jumps or whatever. Her kicks are kinda hard to pull off too. ;|

I kind of bounce between her and Rachel as my mains. Marie doesn't really have insanely huge combos. She is mostly about punishing people with her side hop and poking at them with her roll attacks to find an opening. She has combos but I find her to be better played as somewhat of a defensive/reactive character.

Eolz

Fun lobby tonight. Went out of my way to try to counter less and punish with throws more. If it weren't for a few mistakes I should have had a few of those tonight. :)

Ah, same. Was a lot more defensive than usual, but I can't use the same strategy with Bayman, he's not really a rushdown character (apart from some situations).
Switched to him after my Ayane was destroyed by Shin, that was a good training :p

I could really feel the difference when fighting you. You were a lot safer and faster than before, yet still opened a lot the other players defenses.
It's hard to say if you're better with her or Momiji now imo.

Holy shit, just fought an actually good Helena.

What on earth are you supposed to do against her?

In my experience you have to particularly watch out for low attacks.

This DLC thing is mind fucking boggling. I can't believe it is this long after the release and it's still a mess. The only costumes I can't get yet are Hot Getaway (the bikinis from Ultimate's Preorder if I remember correctly) and you guys are saying those are now downloadable? On Xbox Store, it still says $1.99. I guess I'll look for what you said but in all honesty, this shouldn't even be something I have to do. Other games handle this sort of thing without any problem.

I agree. The fact that the Hot getaway didn't work at all and actually required them to issue a totally new set of packs just for it to work is ridiculous (though an inventive fix!). The only other outfit for me that didn't work out the gate was Tina's nurse outfit, which was fixed the week after.

I think I'm more annoyed that adding any outfits to the game whatsoever on PS4 seems to require me to do a database rebuild each and every time to make them show up as selectable. New pack? Boom, rebuild DB. New catalog? Rebuild. Adding outfits that should have been there in the code already and merely needed the keys to unlock (Hot Getaway)? REBUILD!

Considering the amount of DLC they really should have their own shop interface in the game that shows a pic of each costume, and what each pack contains etc. Pressing a desired costume or pack will then send you to the PSN/Xbox Live shop item that you want. Navigating it now is a nightmare.

Skilletor

Considering the amount of DLC they really should have their own shop interface in the game that shows a pic of each costume, and what each pack contains etc. Pressing a desired costume or pack will then send you to the PSN/Xbox Live shop item that you want. Navigating it now is a nightmare.

It's really well organized on ps4, I think. Of course, this might be because of how awful it became to get on the store from ps3 and anything is better by comparison.

But they are organized by theme and character on ps4.

Stanng243

I agree. The fact that the Hot getaway didn't work at all and actually required them to issue a totally new set of packs just for it to work is ridiculous (though an inventive fix!). The only other outfit for me that didn't work out the gate was Tina's nurse outfit, which was fixed the week after.

I think I'm more annoyed that adding any outfits to the game whatsoever on PS4 seems to require me to do a database rebuild each and every time to make them show up as selectable. New pack? Boom, rebuild DB. New catalog? Rebuild. Adding outfits that should have been there in the code already and merely needed the keys to unlock (Hot Getaway)? REBUILD!

I'm still irritated that the Hot Getaway isn't free for me. I purchased the Complete DOA5 costume set for the ultimate version of the game, which includes the hot getaway, but they still aren't free on ps4.

Azuardo

I finally bloody subbed to PS+ this week too, almost certain I'd finally play with all you US peeps. Should demand free days from now until the patch arrives -.- It quite literally is unplayable with all the freezes that occur.

Sooo I guess this is some sort of progress? The Hot Getaway pack (which I got for DOA5+ when it came out) showed up as free on the EU PSN and now the game correctly lists the outfits in the "available content" tab, but I get this nice error when I try to download the outfits.

It roughly translates as:

"There has been an error while downloading this content.
Hot Getaway - Ayane.
You can check your downloads by selecting [...]. Error CE-32918-3".

At least that's new I guess.

EDIT: I also downloaded the Catalogue for the Ninja Outfits 2 pack (just the free catalogue, not the actual outfits) and they don't show up in the character select screen? They should show up anyway even if locked, is it possible they require patch 1.02? :/

Azuardo

EDIT: I also downloaded the Catalogue for the Ninja Outfits 2 pack (just the free catalogue, not the actual outfits) and they don't show up in the character select screen? They should show up anyway even if locked, is it possible they require patch 1.02? :/

Seems likely.

TheWriter

I'm still on patch 1.01 and I can see all of the new outfits without having bought them. German game version, downloaded DLC from UK marketplace. However, I had to restart the game after the addon installed so the changes were visible.
Then again, 1.01 is so fucked that it has to be judged on a case to case basis depending on where you live in europe. Hot Getaway isn't showing up as free for me.

I'm still on patch 1.01 and I can see all of the new outfits without having bought them. German game version, downloaded DLC from UK marketplace. However, I had to restart the game after the addon installed so the changes were visible.
Then again, 1.01 is so fucked that it has to be judged on a case to case basis depending on where you live in europe. Hot Getaway isn't showing up as free for me.

Tried rebooting the game 4 times, they still don't show up. It's just a wtf situation all around... not that it matters that much since I haven't bought the outfits anyway, but it's still absurd how many problems this game has in Europe.

Just a warning: apparently the PS4 Season Pass doesn't entitle you to download everything it should, so I would skip that for now.

Also reports that buying the two new characters for the PS3 version doesn't download them and doesn't add them to your download history, but still takes your money.

Honestly, I no longer have the energy to kick up a fuss about SCEE's service. Their complete wall of silence and apathetic attitude to complaints over their guaranteed fuck-ups (I even predicted they would fail to upload the full PS4 game on release day three days before it happened, and yet it still happened) has defeated me.

After you buy the DLC, power your system off completely. Press and hold the power button, itll beep once and then 8-10 seconds later itll beep again. This brings up safe mode. In safe mode choose "Rebuild Database". Let it do its thing. After the system powers down and turns back on, boot the game.

After you buy the DLC, power your system off completely. Press and hold the power button, itll beep once and then 8-10 seconds later itll beep again. This brings up safe mode. In safe mode choose "Rebuild Database". Let it do its thing. After the system powers down and turns back on, boot the game.
Is that for the PS3 characters issue or the PS4 season pass issue?

THANK YOU, not only did it fix the catalogue issue but it also unlocked the Hot Getaway outfits. Here's hoping the other outfits will be fixed and patch 1.02 released soon. :)

Top Bottom