• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space YouTube Channel Updates Profile Pic After 8 Years of Inactivity

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The official YouTube channel for the Dead Space franchise has updated its profile picture for the first time in almost nine years, which is after eight years of total inactivity. While a seemingly innocent change, this combined with other reports seems to point to the franchise’s imminent return.

As noted by Twitter user SierraI07 and the Dead Space subreddit, users recently noticed that the official YouTube channel’s profile picture was now a section of Dead Space 2‘s box art, as shown in the bottom half of the above picture. Visiting the Wayback Machine shows that the profile picture used to be the Dead Space 3 logo, which can be seen in the top half of the above picture. The channel had that logo for its profile picture since around August 2012 when the ill-fated trilogy-ending installment was announced. The Twitter account still has the Dead Space 3 logo.

dead-space-youtube.jpg

Would love a 4k60 dead space collection for starters. I actually don't own any of the dead space 360 discs so i'd buy it on disc.

Textures need redone though they shouldn't touch the lighting as they'll no doubt mess up the atmosphere. Maybe some extra geometry here and there too.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Y’know guys, it is possible to run a joke into the ground. Yeah, screwKonami, sure, but the Pachinko joke has lot it’s surprise. And here, it seems like the game is actually happening.

or maybe I’m just heartbroken and bitter about MGS3 Remake not existing.

You decide.

carlosrox

Banned
Just be good like all 3 games. Please, please don't let me down.

Please be/feel like Dead Space.

And Isaac better be involved.

Last edited:

Ellery

Would prefer reboot/remake over remaster, but as long as they are quality and widely available on modern platforms I take it as a win.

(Obviously I prefer entirely new games, but I thought Dead Space to be dead)

Impotaku

Considering how much i generally hate the stuff ea output i weirdly really enjoyed dead space 1 & 2 the atmosphere was amazing. Number 3 felt more like a fps than an adventure like the other 2. Would be nice to revisit at least the 1st game tarted up in high def but i doubt we'll see that.

Would prefer reboot/remake over remaster, but as long as they are quality and widely available on modern platforms I take it as a win.

(Obviously I prefer entirely new games, but I thought Dead Space to be dead)

I wouldn't. All the talent from original deadspace will be working on that new spiritual successor to dead space now. EA don't have the interest to invest in a full reboot and do it properly. A tidy remaster is the best result in my opinion.

Remaster the trilogy, then announce a proper Dead Space 4.

If they come out with a game called "Dead Space", with a different team, different characters, having nothing to do with the others, then no thanks.

I want to know what happens after this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Ellery

I wouldn't. All the talent from original deadspace will be working on that new spiritual successor to dead space now. EA don't have the interest to invest in a full reboot and do it properly. A tidy remaster is the best result in my opinion.

Oh true. You are probably right about that one.

Well a remake with focus on graphics could work too

gamer82

Remaster the trilogy, then announce a proper Dead Space 4.

If they come out with a game called "Dead Space", with a different team, different characters, having nothing to do with the others, then no thanks.

I want to know what happens after this:

maxresdefault.jpg
Is that a spoiler and yes I haven’t played through these games to completions just beefly played the first one.

Very excited to see what EA have up their sleeve in regards to Dead Space. It's about time they started to wake up and see what promise there is from solo horror action titles, I hope they see the good work Capcom have been doing and use that as inspiration.

After 3, I am sort of hoping they'll refresh or reboot. As fun as sentient Moons are, it was a bit too much and for me was bordering on comedy.

Fox Mulder

Most likely just remasters.

that’s the best outcome really. I have zero faith in current EA doing a Dead Space reboot. They ruined the series meddling in its design and later closed Visceral Games because single player games weren’t appealing to them.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Even just remasters of 1 and 2 could be great.
Have you actually fired up DS1/DS2 recently? In what universe DS2 needs any kind of remaster? The only thing that needs remastering is DS1 because of those awful controls and res issues.

Have you actually fired up DS1/DS2 recently? In what universe DS2 needs any kind of remaster? The only thing that needs remastering is DS1 because of those awful controls and res issues.

Dead space 1 and 2 with massive upgrades to lighting, using rtx etc would be a massive improvement. Dead space 2 is 10 years old. It could absolutely do with a visual upgrade.

retsof624

I was about to play the trilogy on EA Play but I guess I'll wait and see. I was also about to play the Mass Effect trilogy and then the remasters got announced

R6Rider

Gold Member
I played the first a few years ago and the 2nd one last year. I'd be down to play them again with improvements and features.

Imagine the adaptive triggers for the various weapons.
Need GIF by memecandy

SoraNoKuni

I don't really care about anything EA related nowadays, best case scenario is a trilogy remake pack.
Worst case scenario is a new game that destroys the Dead Space franchise once and for all.

Kuranghi

I played the first a few years ago and the 2nd one last year. I'd be down to play them again with improvements and features.

Imagine the adaptive triggers for the various weapons.
Need GIF by memecandy

Yeah exactly the gun with the secondary fire where it fires all around you (The military machine gun maybe?) will feel amazing with haptics.

For adaptive triggers you could have the aim trigger for the cutter/line gun be two stage so that you change from vertical to horizontal without having to take your finger off the right stick to press a face button.

I sure hope we get a great new (or reimagined) game in the franchise. I'm one of the weirdos who loved Dead Space 3 as well, despite its differences and issues. Such a great series. Dead Space 1 is my clear favorite though. Bring back silent Isaac and that atmosphere please.

Top Bottom