• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Deadline] Dune: Messiah officially in development at Legendary

3liteDragon

EXCLUSIVE: In a deal worth $500,000 against $1.5 million, Legendary Entertainment has optioned Pulitzer Prize finalist Annie Jacobsen‘s nonfiction book Nuclear War: A Scenario as a potential reteam with its Dune: Part Two director Denis Villeneuve. The expectation is that Villeneuve would take this one as another giant project after he completes Dune: Messiah, which he and Legendary are developing as the conclusion of the trilogy.

Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

Definitely going to be interesting seeing how audiences react to where this goes

Attack on Titan did it, but there's a lot more normies watching this that have no idea what's coming I think

Do you mean in weirdness or something else? I'm going to read the rest of the books this year. I just finished Dune Messiah A couple of weeks ago

Cyberpunkd

"Wait so... Paul is the bad guy?"

It's gonna be funny seeing that trigger certain people lol

I recently read Dune Messiah and loved it due to those themes. I'm hoping to read the rest of the books this year
Herbert was very open about writing Messiah in part because people didn’t get the theme of Dune, they thought it’s an adventure book.

No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero.”

Cyberpunkd

Do you mean in weirdness or something else? I'm going to read the rest of the books this year. I just finished Dune Messiah A couple of weeks ago
You are in for a ride. Till God Emperor Herbert was still holding himself back, afterwards he was like:

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Also later books have best Dune character:
Miles Teg

Herbert was very open about writing Messiah in part because people didn’t get the theme of Dune, they thought it’s an adventure book.

No more terrible disaster could befall your people than for them to fall into the hands of a Hero.”

Oh I understood the theme of the original book back than. But yeah that went over people's heads

You are in for a ride. Till God Emperor Herbert was still holding himself back, afterwards he was like:

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Also later books have best Dune character:
Miles Teg

I can't wait, I'm a fan of weirdness in storytelling. China Mieville Bas Lag books are a perfect example of Weirdness that I love

Last edited:
Top Bottom