• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Goes Gold

D.Final

Banned

Congratulations to Kojima, the Kojima Production team, and Guerrilla Games.

Death Stranding will most likely be an extremely complex game to decipher.
But it will still be an extremely interesting and above all new experience.
Different from all the previous Kojima Productions work, and different from MGS and ZoE.

In any way it will end, (bearing in mind, however, that it will most likely be rewarded regardless of actual preferences or aspects that will be paid to it, due to pressure from Sony and Kojima fans, including multiple industry names), Death Stranding represents a more important and meaningful result for developers, the team and Kojima, rather than for anyone else.

So, congratulations.
And I hope to have fun, and get excited, with a new adventure that I hope will above all excite me during the discovery of this new journey.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Kojima, the Kojima Production team, and Guerrilla Games.

Death Stranding will most likely be an extremely complex game to decipher.
But it will still be an extremely interesting and above all new experience.
Different from all previous team work, different from MGS and ZoE.

In any way it will end, (bearing in mind, however, that it will most likely be rewarded regardless of actual preferences or aspects that will be paid to it, due to pressure from Sony and Kojima fans, including multiple industry names), Death Stranding represents a more important and meaningful result for developers, the team and Kojima, rather than for anyone else.

So, congratulations.
And I hope to have fun, and get excited, with a new adventure that I hope will above all excite me during the discovery of this new journey.
I fell the same way! A new original idea in AAA gaming is become.more rare with each passing generation.

This game is going to be remarkable, for better or for worse. God bless Master Hideo for giving us this in such a timely manner. Alhamdulilah
Masha'Allah, he finished it in less than 4 years
HWaQd6Z.png

NikuNashi

I had no idea Kojima Productions was so Asian lol. I should have known considering their previous games, but for some reason I thought the move to Europe would make them 50% non-Asian. It's refreshing to see.

Kojima Productions is in Shinagawa Season Terrace , Tokyo. A requirement for application there is professional level Japanese.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I mean, sure, but they deal a lot with different types of simulations. I'm sure their engine is far more robust than the Decima Engine and probably more scalable.

It was certainly showing it’s age with RDR2.
It’s not on Bethesda levels yet but is on its way.

Phase

Hopefully, whatever they're not showing is more interesting. I want this to be a game I can dive into.

DemeKnobb

Neo Member
Looking forward to this, I like games that are a bit out there, I find some games take themselfs to seriously these days, but I surpose different strokes and all that

Digity

After the TGS showing, I’m not watching anything more on this game. I wanna go in blind from here on out.

Jtibh

Banned
Hooe it didnt go gold like mgs5 did.
Half ass and half finished.
I am really worried about this game and is the only game i dont dare to preorder or pay full price as long as i dont see the reviews.
And by reviews i am looking at acg and likes not ign you feel me corporate msm?

Tesseract

Banned
nice promo, are we getting a final gameplay trailer or are we eternally bound to kojima's did you rike it clause of you know nothing jon snows

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
How can a game that doesn't exist go gold?
What do you do in game exactly, some curious Ann's want to know...……...Yet it has gone gold whilst games everybody knows what they are about linger on in development hell for millenia…...The power of Kojima to wield, that dev sword......

I think it’s pretty astounding that three years or so after getting fired, losing access to his technology, everything he’d built, and even some of his team, he’s been able to turn around this quickly, rebuild it all, and ship a game.

That’s due to a lot of people’s hard work, but that’s quite a testament to Kojima’s talent as leader. Less than this has buried, or seriously impacted many creatives.
Was about asking how long it took for DS to finish development, amazing stuff really....From Konami to now.....

And taking three years would not have been possible without Guerilla, with probably the best engine in the business at this moment Hail to Decima...….
I want to believe, I really want to.

But it's getting harder and harder.
Whatever will you do........

Shifty1897

I love this thread. I'm also excited for Death Stranding, even if I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Let's get weird!

Top Bottom