• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEATHLOOP Review Thread

marjo

Attention dedicated warriors:

These are strange and difficult times. In order to help, I've put together a cheat sheet of talking points which will help you in your journey.

idfpkWs.png

Now go forth brave warriors and spread the word. Remember, these multi-billion dollar corporations are counting on you!

noise36

wow much better reviews than I thought it would get! will maybe check it out when it hits gamepass.

ING 10/10
Gamespot 10/10

They dont give out 10's very often surely?

Last edited:

GymWolf

But GAF told me it looked bad?

89 Meta with 40 reviews.

To quote a guy from another place: the only ones suprised by the scores are people who never played an arkane game.

dcmk7

Banned

These are strange and difficult times. In order to help, I've put together a cheat sheet of talking points which will help you in your journey.

idfpkWs.png

Now go forth brave warriors and spread the word. Remember, these multi-billion dollar corporations are counting on you!
This stuff is so cringe.

reksveks

The lesson here for MS is hopefully they leave Arkane alone, give them all the money they need and let them develop whatever they want.

For better or worse, that's the xbox way it seems. Why we get stuff like Bleeding Edge and Grounded (I like Grounded)

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
This game is in such a crazy position which is why it's causing so much confusion among fanboys... a Sony timed exclusive published by Microsoft created by a Microsoft owned studio.

Xbox fans have a wait a year but they get it on Game Pass and the knowledge that all future Death Loop and Arkane games will be exclusive to the platform.

Sony fans get a GOTY candidate right now but it's bitter sweet because they can't champion the series or developer as it's with the 'enemy' from here on out.

Mindfuck game for fanboys.
I have been wanting to say this ever since the downplaying started.

You could feel their torment in every thread

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Ars Technica has published a harsh review: "Bethesda's biggest disappointment in years. Wait for a sale (or a "definitive" edition)."

ethomaz

Banned

idfpkWs.png

I’m not sure how could you do that table without Gamepass meme in MS side 🤔

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
To quote a guy from another place: the only ones suprised by the scores are people who never played an arkane game.
every single arkane game i played i have never finished. I liked them at first but there was always something i really did not like. Some clunkyness shit that made it feel dated as hell.

sainraja

idfpkWs.png

I wish this wasn't so but it's sooo true! lol

idfpkWs.png

GHG

I told you I am an Xbox Ultimate gamer so I already have a PC.

Your name calling is just so weired. How do you all let this stuff get you so heated?

Sure you do.

So let me get this straight - you're clearly head over heels for this game because it's reviewed well, it's available on PC tomorrow, but you wont play it because... reasons.

And to top it all off you're mocking people who are going to be paying full price to play it while you're forced to wait even though you don't have to wait because you "have a PC"?

Makes sense.

FritzJ92

Keep believing in that bullshit. Ms paid 7b to not have saying on how their games have to be made. Why do you think the head of the company has to visit the studios to see how the projects are going or how games get cancelled.
You can visit a project in development to make sure your money is being properly used to complete the project and it's not stagnant, it doesn't have to be to tell the developers how to or what to do with the game. Ever worked in a corporate setting? I've experience managers who want to see where you are at with a project, and I've dealt with managers who want to voice their input on a project.

GymWolf

every single arkane game i played i have never finished. I liked them at first but there was always something i really did not like. Some clunkyness shit that made it feel dated as hell.
But you can still recognise the top tier level design, or the immense level of how to handle shit or the great world building.

If you love this stuff, arkane are unbeatable.

Put some M\sony money for polish, better animations etc. And you can easily fix these problems.

Even as cluncky as they look, you still have more Gameplay agencies than most games, the brstealth videos with the dishonored saga make stuff like botw or tlou2 looks like 8 bit games.

Fbh

Those are some great scores. Though not THAT surprising, I did expect this to do better than a lot of people were expecting.
The stuff Arkane is really good at like Level design just don't translate well into trailers.

Last edited:

RGB'D

I am at a crossroads as to what system to buy this game for. I was hoping this would release on PC gamepass but alas it seems like steam only.

Reasons for PS5: It is literally collecting dust since June. I beat Ratchet and Returnal then and there has been no reason for me to boot it up at all. As it stands, it doesn't look like there is a reason to turn it on until February with Horizon so DeathLoop could help with this dearth of games. Also unique haptics on Dual Sense.

Reasons for PC: M&K and controller options. Most Arkane games have been significantly better on PC (i.e. Prey). My gaming rig has better performance over console.

I am leaning towards PC because of the higher performance, but PS5 is giving me pause just because I have been mainly playing on PC and Series X and would like a reason to play PS5.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
But you can still recognise the top tier level design, or the immense level of how to handle shit or the great world building.

If you love this stuff, arkane are unbeatable.

Put some M\sony money for polish, better animations etc. And you can easily fix these problems.

Even as cluncky as they look, you still have more Gameplay agencies than most games, the brstealth videos with the dishonored saga make stuff like botw or tlou2 looks like 8 bit games.
oh yeah i will be the last one to deny PREY was not a hidden gem..
a hidden gem burred in 4 feet of feces tho

GymWolf

Sure you do.

So let me get this straight - you're clearly head over heels for this game because it's reviewed well, it's available on PC tomorrow, but you wont play it because... reasons.

And to top it all off you're mocking people who are going to be paying full price to play it while you're forced to wait even though you don't have to wait because you "have a PC"?

Makes sense.
V8qR.gif

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

GymWolf

oh yeah i will be the last one to deny PREY was not a hidden gem..
a hidden gem burred in 4 feet of feces tho
The only thing i didn't liied in orey were the black goo enemies (but i loved the mimic) and the gunplay.

Graphic was okay and the artstyle was great.

manfestival

Game definitely is aggregating way higher than I had expected. The previews and everything were not really appealing and seemed to lack direction/clarity. Though I did listen to the ACG review. It seems that the gameplay is very solid and the story is well written. Typically listen to his reviews more than others. Will eventually check this out on PC. Just need to clear out some of my backlog first... *laughs and then cries*

Vasto

Sure you do.

Makes sense.

Its amazing how you are telling me how I feel about the game.

GymWolf

More like neither of their games ever got my interest to play them.

Of course I guess I’m missing here.. it just they never appealed to me.

I don’t know if I’m being confuse?
No i get it, sometimes we just don't like something abstract that we can't even explain.

Kuranghi

I think they need to learn from Hitman and give people a taste of the game to get them hooked, its hard to explain well without laying it out in this way that makes it feel exciting, but you'll know whether you like it or not within an hour of playing.

Hitman always had a free level available so you could try it and that level was like 10-infinite hours of gameplay if you did everything in it. They probably can't do that here ofc but I say do some free weekends and you'll hook in a lot of people.

ethomaz

Banned
No i get it, sometimes we just don't like something abstract that we can't even explain.
I have the feeling from people praise that there is a good chance to like their games.

Let’s say the trailers, videos, gameplay did not sold any of their games to me yet… and so I never played them.

I will look if there is any on PS+ to try.

Last edited:
Top Bottom