• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delaware couple arrested for having sex on roof of Chipotle

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2014/07/14/cops-couple-sex-newark-rooftop/12627551/

It all started with a couple kissing on the rooftop of a Newark eatery Saturday night and ended with their arrest for engaging in an assortment of public sex acts, police said.

Witnesses who called police said the couple – later identified as Michael Suh and Nicole Germack – "clearly knew that they were being watched," according to court records.

Suh, 38, of the 100 block of E. Main St., and Germack, 27, of the 100 block of Tyre Ave., each were charged with indecent exposure, lewdness, loitering, resisting arrest and conspiracy, Cpl. James Spadola said.

Suh runs Mizu Sushi Bar and lives in an apartment above the restaurant, just doors away from the Chipotle Mexican Grill in the same block.

The incident unfolded about 9:40 p.m. Saturday when officers were called to investigate reports of a couple having sex on Chipotle's roof, Spadola said.

When an officer arrived to where a group had gathered across the street, he saw the pair on the rooftop toward the front of the building engaging in intercourse, police said in court records.

"The female was wearing a black dress that was pulled up," Spadola said, adding that he didn't have any information on what the man was wearing.

The officer shouted several times to the couple to stop what they were doing. "The female looked at him at least one time and continued," police said.

After about 20 seconds, the man glanced over at the officer, told the woman police were there and they stopped, according to court records.

From the street, the officer told the pair that they were under arrest and to walk where he could see them. But the couple took off in the opposite direction, police said.

Another officer then arrived to help search for the pair and spotted a staircase leading to some apartments on the roof. The two officers then tried contacting the individual occupants in the apartments.

When Suh opened his door, the officers recognized him. Upon seeing the officers, Suh blurted out that he was sorry, and said it was an "in the moment thing."

Germack, meanwhile, was in the bathroom. But the officers recognized her as the other rooftop participant.

A black purse, containing Germack's Delaware driver's license and an iPhone was recovered "in the exact location" where the couple had been engaging in sex, police said.

This incident follows a March incident where a couple was taped having sex behind the Galleria, located in the 200 block of E. Main St.

Four witnesses to Saturday's incident told police they yelled to the couple to stop for about five minutes and "they definitely heard them," according to court records.

The witnesses said Suh took his shirt off and Germack's breasts were exposed at one point.

When Suh answered his apartment door Monday afternoon, he declined to give comment, saying his attorney – who he would not identify – had advised him not to speak.

A woman and dog could be seen inside his apartment above Mizu Sushi. A door leading to air conditioning units was nearby. The units were near a roof wall to Chipotle.

Workers at Chipotle declined comment Monday.

Both Suh and Germack were released on $1,800 unsecured bail pending a court hearing.

jhdtD6S.jpg

9q4WSRct.jpg
TmeeHgVt.jpg

Dash27

I call bullshit. You can get arrested for sex on a rooftop? And worse, be publicly exposed in the newspaper for being publicly exposed on a Chipotle? Is that the kind of America we want to live in. I say hell no!

akira28

I call bullshit. You can get arrested for sex on a rooftop? And worse, be publicly exposed in the newspaper for being publicly exposed on a Chipotle? Is that the kind of America we want to live in. I say hell no!

It isn't, but it's the America we already live in. Small town newspapers have entire sections devoted to shaming citizens caught doing things in public.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
When Suh opened his door, the officers recognized him. Upon seeing the officers, Suh blurted out that he was sorry, and said it was an "in the moment thing."
Why would you open your door? Why?

What a waste of law enforcement resources. It would be one thing if they were doing it inside the restaurant, practically on top of other patrons (i.e., a health risk). From the looks of it, they were doing it in the space besides his apartment, which just happens to be atop and next to a Chipotle. America is an inanely puritanical place that gets hung up on the stupidest things. I'm ashamed to be associated with it much of the time.

gutshot

What a waste of law enforcement resources. It would be one thing if they were doing it inside the restaurant, practically on top of other patrons (i.e., a health risk). From the looks of it, they were doing it in the space besides his apartment, which just happens to be atop and next to a Chipotle. America is an inanely puritanical place that gets hung up on the stupidest things. I'm ashamed to be associated with it much of the time.

Really? You're cool with people just fucking on top of restaurants in plain view of everyone on the street below?

sangreal

I got nothing against a little rooftop love, but their problem is they were doing it in view of the street (ie over the wall) to the extent that a crowd had gathered. These are exhibitionists, no better than your standard subway flasher

and didn't stop when the police showed up
and answered the door when the police were searching for them

But think of the children!

aly

You don't understand why people don't want others having sex in public in view of everyone?

But think of the children!

Exactly. Bullshit puritanical Americana. I don't really care what they are doing on the rooftop balcony of his apartment, even if somewhat visible from the street.

Most Americans are far too trapped inside of our own cultural hegemony to see how silly it is to allocate law enforcement resources to "lewdness" (whatever that's supposed to mean) for sexual acts between a consenting adult couple, arguably on their own property.

Meanwhile, the kids are probably in Chipotle killing people in their mobile/portable video games. (which I am personally perfectly fine with because it's just a video game, after all; but the irony of it all is palpable)

stufte

Exactly. Bullshit puritanical Americana. I don't really care what they are doing on the rooftop balcony of his apartment, even if somewhat visible from the street.

Most Americans are far too trapped inside of our own cultural hegemony to see how silly it is to allocate law enforcement resources to "lewdness" (whatever that's supposed to mean) for sexual acts between a consenting adult couple, arguably on their own property.

Meanwhile, the kids are probably in Chipotle killing people in their mobile/portable video games. (which I am personally perfectly fine with because it's just a video game, after all; but the irony of it all is palpable)

lol you're weird man. Sure America is puritanical, but I can't think of a single country where someone wouldn't at least get a talking-to by the local police for fucking in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom