• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delaware couple arrested for having sex on roof of Chipotle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Bullshit puritanical Americana. I don't really care what they are doing on the rooftop balcony of his apartment, even if somewhat visible from the street.

Most Americans are far too trapped inside of our own cultural hegemony to see how silly it is to allocate law enforcement resources to "lewdness" (whatever that's supposed to mean) for sexual acts between a consenting adult couple, arguably on their own property.

Meanwhile, the kids are probably in Chipotle killing people in their mobile/portable video games. (which I am personally perfectly fine with because it's just a video game, after all; but the irony of it all is palpable)

I'm sorry but what other countries allow public sex o.o?

Most westernized countries would fine you or put you in jail for public displays of
lewdness.

Feel free to have your opinion, but don't single out America.

lol you're weird man. Sure America is puritanical, but I can't think of a single country where someone wouldn't at least get a talking-to by the local police for fucking in public.

Eh, it didn't happen in broad daylight (it was practically 10:00 PM at night). They would have been doing it in the dark and not exactly in plain sight. Sure people probably spotted their silhouettes, but it clearly says that the officers had a hard time identifying their attire, even upon confronting them from the street. I would guess that similar things have happened before but people just haven't gotten caught.

I'm sorry but what other countries allow public sex o.o?

Most westernized countries would fine you or put you in jail for public displays of lewdness.

I'd argue that the public aspect of it was a technicality in that his own private space was somewhat viewable from street level. There is a fine line here. Many people have sex on their rooftops, in their backyards, and in their houses with the windows open, spaces that are at least somewhat viewable from public spaces. Is it a public sex act if it's seen, or is it a public sex act if it's in a public space? I'd argue the latter.

I'd argue that the public aspect of it was a technicality in that his own private space was somewhat viewable from street level. There is a fine line here. Many people have sex on their rooftops, in their backyards, and in their houses with the windows open, spaces that are at least somewhat viewable from public spaces. Is it a public sex act if it's seen, or is it a public sex act if it's in a public space? I'd argue the latter.

Wasn't their rooftop. It was chipotle's. Not public, but private property that could be seen by the public.

Not arguing the sex here, but I found it weird how you are picking on "americans" as being like socially backwards for not wanting to see public sex.

Also, if they couldn't be "seen" then how did they get caught :/

.GqueB.

Banned
nicole-germack-austin.jpg

Total fox. They fancied a shag couldn't wait to get home.

see5harp

nicole-germack-austin.jpg

Total fox. They fancied a shag couldn't wait to get home.

Agreed she looks good. But they lived literally above the sushi restaurant next door to the Chipotle. They obviously enjoyed having people watch them have sex. I'm not gonna say I wouldn't be watching like a perv but that's seems a little crazy to not do it in a private location. Just invite strangers in or something.

.GqueB.

Banned
But they were home. Well their home accessed the roof of the chipotle...

Agreed she looks good. But they lived literally above the sushi restaurant next door to the Chipotle. They obviously enjoyed having people watch them have sex. I'm not gonna say I wouldn't be watching like a perv but that's seems a little crazy to not do it in a private location. Just invite strangers in or something.

Exhibitionsts then. Still ok with this.

Wasn't their rooftop. It was chipotle's. Not public, but private property that could be seen by the public.

Not arguing the sex here, but I found it weird how you are picking on "americans" as being like socially backwards for not wanting to see public sex.

Also, if they couldn't be "seen" then how did they get caught :/

It really was his rooftop space arguably, as his apartment rooftop and Chipotle's rooftop is a shared space.

Plus, being "seen" doesn't imply much. You can see people's silhouettes thrusting in the darkness. Doesn't mean you are seeing much of anything. You might be seeing just part of one person thrusting, your view being partially obscured by the roof and lack of light. People are really getting upset about that? It's kind of ridiculous. Sex is something we all do. I'd say that those that are staring are more at fault than those doing their thing in their own space, even if in partial public view.

Kinyou

The officer shouted several times to the couple to stop what they were doing. "The female looked at him at least one time and continued," police said.
"She looked me right in the eye!"

All of the naysaying was adding to the flava.

NicholsonShiningHeadNod.gif

Ok, well... I guess that could be hot

It really was his rooftop space arguably, as his apartment rooftop and Chipotle's rooftop is a shared space.

Plus, being "seen" doesn't imply much. You can see people's silhouettes thrusting in the darkness. Doesn't mean you are seeing much of anything. You might be seeing just part of one person thrusting, your view being partially obscured by the roof and lack of light. People are really getting upset about that? It's kind of ridiculous. Sex is something we all do. I'd say that those that are staring are more at fault than those doing their thing in their own space, even if in partial public view.

Look at the picture, looks like just a chipotle roof to me.

As for everything else, I don't pretend to know what people were seeing. Modern cities have street lights, and other things that obviously lead to people seeing the couple.

Again, I don't care what your argument is about them fucking, I just don't get why you singled out American's as having this view. I'm basically taking you to task, not with your opinion on public sex, but your way of expressing it as "Americans are so stupid"

.GqueB.

Banned
Can't get over how wonderful her face is. I've found her. I've found the love of my life. That almost never happens.

Askani

Look at that imagery that the city put on the road there:

FIR8TgL.png

Obscene. They were asking for trouble. Subliminal messages. They are the ones to blame.

NicholsonShiningHeadNod.gif

Ok, well... I guess that could be hot

Look at the picture, looks like just a chipotle roof to me.

As for everything else, I don't pretend to know what people were seeing. Modern cities have street lights, and other things that obviously lead to people seeing the couple.

Again, I don't care what your argument is about them fucking, I just don't get why you singled out American's as having this view. I'm basically taking you to task, not with your opinion on public sex, but your way of expressing it as "Americans are so stupid"

Their rooftop is shared. His apartment is the white, 2nd story part of the building adjacent to the Chipotle rooftop.

I didn't say Americans were stupid/uneducated, although many are (see stats on belief in Creationism vs. Evolution). I said that Americans are the product of an ironic puritanical hegemony that shames those who are not "chaste" but somehow rationalizes glorifying violence at the same time. That cultural hegemony is, in fact, idiotic. And I am an American saying this.

Their rooftop is shared. His apartment is the white, 2nd story part of the building adjacent to the Chipotle rooftop.

I didn't say Americans were stupid/uneducated, although many are (see stats on belief in Creationism vs. Evolution). I said that Americans are the product of an ironic puritanical hegemony that shames those who are not "chaste" but somehow rationalizes glorifying violence at the same time. That cultural hegemony is, in fact, idiotic. And I am an American saying this.

You shamed Americans like they were the only people on the face of the earth who did this. I still don't see why you singled out America, but ok. You have your reasons.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
the fuck is the conspiracy?
Either they were 9/11 truthers and the government finally just got sick of their shit, or they've been charged with conspiracy to commit the crimes of indecent exposure and/or lewdness.

PJV3

They're on a roof, look the other way if you don't like it, I'd be in the crowd with a night vision telescope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom