• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delete my account. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Hello everyone.

First, thanks EviLore EviLore for accepting my apology and overturning my self-requested ban. Again, I am sorry for being such a judgmental, self-righteous dick. You didn't deserve it or what happened with so many people turning on you and leaving, and I'm glad the forum is recovering.

Second, if anyone wants to take the piss... Be my guest. I'm embarrassed when I read back on what I said, but I deserve a good bit of stick for it and I'll accept it.

Thanks for having me back.

Hello everyone.

First, thanks EviLore EviLore for accepting my apology and overturning my self-requested ban. Again, I am sorry for being such a judgmental, self-righteous dick. You didn't deserve it or what happened with so many people turning on you and leaving, and I'm glad the forum is recovering.

Second, if anyone wants to take the piss... Be my guest. I'm embarrassed when I read back on what I said, but I deserve a good bit of stick for it and I'll accept it.

giphy.gif

Rumble, young man, rumble

Falcs

Banned
Hello everyone.

This is how you come back..
Own your shit, and we won't hold it against you.

Papa

Banned
Hello everyone.

wb Steve-o and cheers for the humility

Good to have you back, you’re gonna fit right in

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Hello everyone.

Who invited Steve? That dude's a cunt.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Steve, you are a much stronger man than I am. I slinked back in without the same fanfare, so much respect for taking ownership like you have. Welcome back.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Hello everyone.

Welcome back! :)

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Why was he just banned when he asked for account deletion? That would piss me off a bit if it was my account. Imagine realizing years later you still have an account at era? Shivers.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It was so when they got over to era they had something tangible they could link to and show people how woke they were...

Quoted for truth.

I just wanted to say, so everyone knows, that I wasn't banned from ResetEra. I'm not coming back here angry and bitter because they kicked me out. I left voluntarily. Had my account there deleted, round about October 2018. At the time I was very irritable and gloomy in real life and it was affecting me. I thought it was simply because I was spending too much time online, where everything can get very argumentative very quickly, so I left Era and spent a good while disconnected and just getting on with life.

Over the past year and a half I've did a lot of thinking and came to realise the truth, that I had fucked things up and was in a bad place through my own actions.

Papa

Banned
Quoted for truth.

I just wanted to say, so everyone knows, that I wasn't banned from ResetEra. I'm not coming back here angry and bitter because they kicked me out. I left voluntarily. Had my account there deleted, round about October 2018. At the time I was very irritable and gloomy in real life and it was affecting me. I thought it was simply because I was spending too much time online, where everything can get very argumentative very quickly, so I left Era and spent a good while disconnected and just getting on with life.

Over the past year and a half I've did a lot of thinking and came to realise the truth, that I had fucked things up and was in a bad place through my own actions.

Personal responsibility, very cool. Already a better member than Nobody_Important Nobody_Important

We get into heated arguments here on occasion but just know that our goal is (usually) to get a resolution. No one is out to get you banned. Mods generally won’t intervene so you gotta learn to make your arguments stand on their own two feet.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello everyone.

No worries, Steve. There was a lot of corruption and rot within gaf at the time, lack of transparency, and a chronic communication breakdown between the staff and the userbase. Given the circumstances, people had a lot to be upset with me about as the guy in charge, and no knowledge of what was actually going on behind the scenes. It became a powderkeg well before the big drama itself, and crowd psychology determined the rest.

Beyond that, I’ve lived a vibrant, adventurous, free-spirited life for the past decade, and have had a similarly free-spirited and judgment-free attitude about the people I’ve let into my life at times. Maybe not the best course in hindsight, given the cancel culture trends and incentives for spotlighting and weaponizing people with narcissistic victimhood complexes. C’est la vie.

Regardless, with a little elbow grease and a cool group of understanding users, we’ve rebuilt the community into something more positive, fun, and resilient than ever (a veritable trash fire of free thinkers, some say). We’re rebounding at an excellent pace, too — from 500 posts per day two years ago to coming up on 6000 now. It’s a great time to be a part of the community again, and if Reset had a part in dragging your spirits down in recent times, I doubt GAF will do the same.

bronk

Banned
Hello everyone.

Best response to someone returning. Cheers brotha.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I wasn't around at the time but I'm familiar with the happenings that took place. But for the life of me I can't understand all the account suicides that took place.
Why? I honestly wouldn't care if Evilore banged a sheep and was found by the court guilty. How does he banging a sheep impact your account on Neogaf? Excuse me for the sheep thing, I'm trying to make a point.
Why all the drama about cutting ties with neogaf? It's so silly. What's even more funny, he was found not guilty.
The logic here is flawed. You work as janitor at Volkswagen and you should quit your job when Volkswagen was found guilty of rigging emmissions? Some seriously flawed logic here.
If you....ehm...arbeit im Volkswagen, du bist HITLER!
Since it was Hitler creation or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom