• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

borborygmus

W T F ????

Now i understand the uproar of SoC Remake fans. They got nothing right? It feels estranged to me. This will not achieve master level, at all. 12min and not once did they switch between both modes.
- the fucking maneater looks like an ape
- the look of certain bosses, enemies ... you did not change the bosses in SoC? Why now?
- the excessive use of motion blur
- iconic things like the bell of the mind flA*yers gone WTF?
- the torment, lamentation of the wicked lost souls in Tower of Latria
- the lack of ambience ... again in Tower of Latria
- the ugliest gui i´ve seen..

Yeah maneater looks like the latest member of the DK Crew. Lots of really weird changes I don't get at all.

I hope the ambient light was just turned up for demo purposes.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Awesome post OP, nice job!

Is that the HUD? Really?

The rest looks really amazing but that HUD is terrible.
Yeah, looks like it was designed by some DICE reject. Whats up with modern western games and their UIs? They all look the same.

JimiNutz

Banned
What's the average completing time for Demon's Souls?
I'm hoping I can get it done within 60 hours if I'm shit?

Bartski

Gold Member
What? I think they're so much better, you really want the cristal lizard rng drop BS get-lucky-or-see-you-in-ng+ stuff? Come on.

SCB3

What? I think they're so much better, you really want the cristal lizard rng drop BS get-lucky-or-see-you-in-ng+ stuff? Come on.

Pure Bladestone......

Yea I'm glad that Trophy is gone

Aside from that, the gimmick boss kills are a bit annoying, but I guess it adds some additional challenge

Bartski

Gold Member
looks like you still need to get to NG+++ for platinum without item duping but I take boss challenge trophies any day for grinding drops with single-digit drop rates.

Bleh what class to start with this time. Did a royal last time day 1 and this time I might do a barbarian because my deluxe edition will come with armor and weapons and a shield!

But I will need a bow to take down the early dragon and forget where I get one :messenger_fistbump:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bleh what class to start with this time. Did a royal last time day 1 and this time I might do a barbarian because my deluxe edition will come with armor and weapons and a shield!

But I will need a bow to take down the early dragon and forget where I get one :messenger_fistbump:
4-1 next to a skeleton archer. Compound long bow.

Ar¢tos

The challenge of the trophies no longer match the challenge of the game, plus forced online play.
It's gonna be annoying having to do backup of saves to the cloud before each boss in case you mess up the gimmicky kill. Plus wasting time online trying to kill an undeserving player just for a trophy.

cormack12

Gold Member
If you're playing online the Old Monk may count? You might be able to time it as well as region lock I guess

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I did a small refresher with a where-to-go-and-when guide. Might as well share it, although this isn't really for beginners but more for fans who remembers a lot (and this helps a little).

5.png
MvPE1w.gif

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I did a small refresher with a where-to-go-and-when guide. Might as well share it, although this isn't really for beginners but more for fans who remembers a lot (and this helps a little).

5.png
MvPE1w.gif

tenor.gif

Are there enough mats in a normal playthrough to have 2/3 weapons? I always found souls games a pain for not providing enough shards for multiple weapons.

Yoshichan

tenor.gif

Are there enough mats in a normal playthrough to have 2/3 weapons? I always found souls games a pain for not providing enough shards for multiple weapons.
Yes, some of these are rng based (like achieving +5 for moon winged spear) but you should be able to at least get +4 on one playthrough. The rest of the equipment is 100% achievable on your first run, however if you go with anti-magic field, you’ll have to wait for NG+ in order to get Morion Blade).

SCB3

It looks like the trophies are encouraging multiple playthroughs (though killing a boss whilst forgetting the trophy requirement will be a bitch and something I know I'll do)

Reactions: MrS
Can you guys believe it. It's finally happening

FFVII Remake
Demon's Souls Remake

We're here boys. My favorite game(s) of all time.

I'll be refreshing this thread more times than I checked my phone while my wife's in labour.

I never thought I'd see the day, honestly.

I figured From Software wanted to move on Bloodborne 2 or something else, but they brought us this.

I'm still in shock FFVIIR was even released. Taking my time with that one.

TexMex

What the fuck are these shitty trophies??
Forced online plus having to do gimmicky boss kills?
Plus no more upgrade trophies and no more Soldier's Trophy?
Blargh!

Not identical but pretty consistent with with a lot of them. Trophy for the bosses, all rings, miracles etc. Online ones are extremely surface level, you could do them in like 15 minutes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d love to show my kids this game, but they’re far too young. I have the digital deluxe edition pre-ordered. Now I have to wait for the right world tendency in order to play it.

Ar¢tos

Not identical but pretty consistent with with a lot of them. Trophy for the bosses, all rings, miracles etc. Online ones are extremely surface level, you could do them in like 15 minutes.
No more old King trophy, but you still need to kill him for 2 other trophies, so removing that trophy is pointless.
No more blue dragon trophy, many players won't even realise that they can kill it without seeing the trophy.
They kept the All spells, so players are still forced to go to ng+ for a spell (it's quite early in ng+ anyway).
They kept the All miracles, so players are forced to manipulate the tendencies to get one of the miracles (recovery).
They kept the all rings, which can be very tricky since you need to manipulate both world and character tendencies to get all of them.
You still need to craft the Northern Regalia and get a few other unique weapons for other trophies that also require pure white tendency, so removing the unique weapons trophy doesn't greatly reduce the amount of work.
The only thing they made easy was removing the need to grind for materials, but now we have to beat bosses in annoying ways.
Honestly, I prefered the grind.

Ar¢tos

Right, so, “pretty consistent”
I'm complaining that the changes are pointless, so why make them at all when they kept most of the game untouched for "integrity" ?
To have an excuse to add 2 trophies that require PS+ ?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Guessing there will be an unending list of complaints about things they “ruined” and “changed” because anything other than just taking the original and making it 4K will by definition result in changes. This is a remake after all not a remaster.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What weapon does everyone roll with?

Halberd starter and move to ectos?
It’s been very long time since I played Demon’s Souls so I’m not sure but my play style is beat bosses close and face to face, this why Beasthunter Saif is my favourite weapon in Bloodborne and reason why I love Sekiro’s combat system.

Nakasan

Never played a soulsborne game, so looking forward to this hugely! I have a question though... I've heard the "lore" and game mechanics are both pretty vague in the game - presumably by design. So the question is, for my first play through is going in blind better? Or should I do a bit of reading up on the lore/mechanics first?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Never played a soulsborne game, so looking forward to this hugely! I have a question though... I've heard the "lore" and game mechanics are both pretty vague in the game - presumably by design. So the question is, for my first play through is going in blind better? Or should I do a bit of reading up on the lore/mechanics first?
Play blind, you will have better experience that way in my opinion.

Top Bottom