• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Yes - Valve Really Did Fix Elden Ring PC For Steam Deck!

onesvenus

So, hang on: If a piece of software happens to work correctly under certain circumstances, then its not bugged? :D

Or does that only apply to games, and not OS elements or features? Because they seem fundamentally the same to me.
I'll just say that I don't really think you can logically infer Windows being bloated is the reason Elder Ring is performing as it does, from Valve doing under the hood optimizations to that game.

The only way I could see people doing that is when they act as fanboys but let's say that you aren't doing that

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'll just say that I don't really think you can logically infer Windows being bloated is the reason Elder Ring is performing as it does, from Valve doing under the hood optimizations to that game.

The only way I could see people doing that is when they act as fanboys but let's say that you aren't doing that

Look, if device enumeration happening constantly and stalling the main thread was anticipated, but ignored, then I'd say that its the fault of the engine. However if some other background or OS process is triggering this, then that's an OS-layer issue.

Yes, its workable around by putting the key engine process on a higher-priority worker thread, BUT should that really be necessary?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
So, hang on: If a piece of software happens to work correctly under certain circumstances, then its not bugged? :D

Or does that only apply to games, and not OS elements or features? Because they seem fundamentally the same to me.
Games with pre compilation don't have this problem or even stuff like Cemu async shader compiler stutter far less than Elden Ring, so the OS is not the be blamed here.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
SO I do not want to jinx anything but after uninstalling that HP driver and literally every xbox game I had on PC

it kept happening.

I opened device manager like @DenchDeckard mentioned and played the game in windowed mode, and I saw immediately when the game hung up, device manager was refreshing.

So then I uninstalled the Xbox app itself, and SO FAR it has been very smooth and hasn't hitched like that again.

I will update this post if things change but holy crap, this might be it :messenger_loudly_crying:
This is ridiculous, one shouldn't be needing to do all that because of a single game, not playing that shit on PC whenever I decide to... And they have zero reason to make a better job

Top Bottom