• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected Officially Revealed

It doesn't work so well in the bedroom in my home unfortunately. Fine for slower turn based games but for an action title like this I don't think I want to put up with the latency.
That sucks. I have it working so well I forget not all networks created equal

Ozzie666

I barely remember playing Diablo 2, so long ago. But I do remember enjoying it. So, It's almost like a brand new game for me, looking forward to it.

One thing Diablo 3 did well was the end/open game. I can't recall if Diablo 2 had something similar or not.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
200-6.gif

Thanks Blizz for taking another fifteen years and make my wife leave me with our child because I will become an addict once again.

Game has done drawbacks not gonna lie, especially regarding respeccing. It's so easy to fuck your character up.

Also pls let us get rid of "play on your char within next fourteen days or it gets deleted.

It's savage they sent Diablo 4 to die and irrelevant already. Fuck modern Blizzard.

D4 is years away. Plenty of time for people to have their fun here.
Diablo 2 took ten years of my life. It can easily do it again. Diablo 3 held like a year or so with the shallowed gameplay.
I never played Diablo 2 and I loved 3, so judging by the jizz bestowed on 2 by the Diablo community, I should love it, right?
D2 is so different from d3. In D2 you actually have to plan your character. In d3 you jump into a rift and thats it.
You, just like me, will probably play both, even if they're both shit, let's not pretend otherwise.
I no it wasn't pointed at me, but fuck no. Diablo 3 had no content and Diablo 4 will suffer same fate. Modern Blizzard suck
How the hell is Diablo IV little kids Diablo
You get thrown loot at you like it was free candy in the nice mans truck near your school.
The game is not like an rpg. Wee you get skills and can change runes, but Where's the talent trees to progress your character?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Diablo 2 took ten years of my life. It can easily do it again. Diablo 3 held like a year or so with the shallowed gameplay.

I no it wasn't pointed at me, but fuck no. Diablo 3 had no content and Diablo 4 will suffer same fate. Modern Blizzard suck

Whatever the case, you're about to pay Blizzard $40 to play the same game you played for ten years. As am I. They probably don't care whether people play one or the other, enough people will play either one or both. Same reason WoW is all one subscription now and Classic will just progress through the expansions, they don't care as long as you're "playing WoW"

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I will end up triple dipping with cross progression...PC, Switch, and Xbox.
Maybe I'm too old to understand or maybe I'm just not a "proper" gamer at heart but would you mind explaining to this old cunt why on earth you would buy the same game on 3 different platforms... I know we all like to game but fuck me lad.. 3 platforms... Why??????????

Drake

This actually looks increadible, but my faith is Blizzard is very low atm. I hope they don't fuck it up like WC 3.

Drake

Also 2 changes I hope they make.

1. In Act 2 it was next to impossible to do the Maggot lair in hell difficulty with the way your skeletons attack and how little room there was.
2. Runewords were great, but there is a reason that 99% of them were from duped runes. The odds of a Zod rune from a white mob is something like 1 in 1.3 million. That needs to change.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Maybe I'm too old to understand or maybe I'm just not a "proper" gamer at heart but would you mind explaining to this old cunt why on earth you would buy the same game on 3 different platforms... I know we all like to game but fuck me lad.. 3 platforms... Why??????????
PC for when I'm at work. Xbox for when I'm at home. Switch for when I travel and in bed.

Done.

I'm anxious to see what console ui and controls look like.
It will be the exact same on both PC and Console. There won't be any console specific features like the dodge roll from D3. PC Version will also be playable with gamepad.

This is according to Gamestar Germany, they spoke with the devs (they have a paywalled interview).

/edit
I'm not really worried about the quality. Vicarious Visions is doing this with Blizz... this is not Lemon Sky Studios. Vicarious Visions has proven that they know how to do good remakes and remasters.

Last edited:

Barakov

About damn time. Too bad they didn't catch the magic of 2 when they made 3. Auction house killed it for me, I assume they've done something about it from that time though.
Can't wait to get back into this.
metal gear solid GIF

Lanrutcon

It's looking really good, thankfully this doesn't look to be a repeat of the Reforged situation. Vicarious Visions know what they're doing.

Is that MrLlama I see? That means knows D2 inside and out. Probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the game in the world.

Edit: Ok, so they're maintaining the frame timing for the remaster. I was wondering about that.

Last edited:

Vaelka

D2 is my favorite game of all time, so I am really happy about this because I've been wanting a remaster too.
But I have very mixed thoughts on the visuals I am getting major WC3 Reforged vibes, it looks so washed out and misty use their before and after here on their website and you can see it https://diablo2.blizzard.com/en-us/#visuals .
It sorta does look like a mobile game but on a high resolution monitor.

Everyone has their hype glasses on, it was the same with WC3 Reforged but then later on it became very common criticism I am just giving my honest opinion because I care and it's still alpha.
But I really wish they saturated the colors more and did something about that misty filter.
The characters also don't look like they're the same characters at all, the Barbarian reminds me of some actor lol I can't put my finger on who tho.

And yeah, the Amazon... Yikes.
I mean I thought people were stupid for saying that Abby in TLOU2 looked like a man and all that, generally I think that it's just really stupid and insensitive to accuse women of looking manly but here it looks so deliberate and on the nose.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Watching people try to handle D2 itemisation and grinding is going to be hilarious.

I can't wait to play it though, I couldn't even guess how many thousands of hours I put into Diablo 2

sircaw

Banned
the only thing i hope they remove is mob immunity.

Like those wisp things in act 5 ball for starter, immune to lightning.

Give it a high resistance but not immunity.

Top Bottom