• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters
No disconnects yet this weekend (yet, early days). on PC and Ps5. 30min queue initially.

Can I also just say that the ability to sit in (at least some) chairs, does not go unnoticed. Thank you, goddamnit, thank you.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Well since last beta I now have a 25 rogue, 15+ barb, sorc, druid and lvl 5 necro.

Love it but I really hope there's an alternative way of leveling after you've done the story. I feel like I've done this leveling style a million times already in wow.

On the druid I was just spamming dead man's I dunno some dungeon that has a lot of elites. It was the fastest way to level. Gonna get old leveling alts. At least you can get power leveled in other games. Might apply here too.

Eagerly awaiting full release.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If I'm getting insane rubberbanding is there any chance this will sort itself out, our should I try to join again?

Do Not Disturb Phone GIF by Beis

this is why I hate online-only games. It is a good game? It is, but fuck this. I know it will be better after release:

Episode 2 Rebel Alliance GIF by Star Wars

(you get the idea)

FunkMiller

So I have to wait 35 minutes to log in, and then when I do log in I have to create another fucking account in 'Battle.net', and log in to that, before I can play.

Go fuck yourself, Activision. Seriously.

Plenty of games out there that I don't need to do this shit with. I have a log in to my console. That's all that should be required.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Level 11 Necro currently. Did not expect queue times to be under an hour on PS5 so that's nice, lots of lag and rubber banding though which hopefully is resolved for launch. Skipping every cutscene and dialogue it only takes a few minutes to get to Kyovyshad which is helpful.

Necro seems powerful af. Enjoying this a lot so far.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The first time I connected loading new areas took forever so I force quit, sat in 20 minutes queue again and the second time over it was way better.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I officially take back what I said about Rogue.

I tried a new synergy recommended on Twitter with "Blade Shift", "Twisting Blades", "Dash", and "Shadow Imbuement". You turn into a dashing blur of death and it is FUN. Right up there with Sorcerer and Druid for me now.

Last edited:
Tried the necro after druid, definitely the easiest class. Just running around doing blood nova and corpse explosions and Im clearing everything like it's Diablo 3

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Anyone else not done playing EA and waiting for the full game release? I have skipped all cutscenes and do not want the first 40 hours of D4 to feel like a rehash.

ByWatterson

I don't really get it, unfortunately. Seems very high quality, but the dungeon crawler gameplay just doesn't do it for me, even in this shiny package.

Looks like a big win for fans of the genre, though.

I officially take back what I said about Rogue.

I tried a new synergy recommended on Twitter with "Blade Shift", "Twisting Blades", "Dash", and "Shadow Imbuement". You turn into a dashing blur of death and it is FUN. Right up there with Sorcerer and Druid for me now.
A lot of classes really click once you get to certain levels because you unlock the skills needed to have proper synergy. That's why people who say this game is unbalanced after leveling only 10 levels and crying about it piss me the fuck off. Level 10 is nothing. No one ever wants to use their brains, much easier to btich and moan. But yes, rogue is awesome.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Tried co-op with a buddy and it was a complete shit show. Disconnects followed by the game saying the servers couldn't locate my character as well as a ton of lag in game.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The story feels pretty uninspired early on but I guess many don't play Diablo games for the story.

Advancement feels a little slow, throttled. The game play feels slower and more methodical than previous entries - which feels both good and bad in different ways.

Its bones feel solid.

Seeing as progress is getting wiped and progress felt slow, I stopped and deleted the game after a few hours. I figure I may as well save any other early-game content for release. Though this beta did not sell me on the game.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
A lot of classes really click once you get to certain levels because you unlock the skills needed to have proper synergy. That's why people who say this game is unbalanced after leveling only 10 levels and crying about it piss me the fuck off. Level 10 is nothing. No one ever wants to use their brains, much easier to btich and moan. But yes, rogue is awesome.
That's the thing I got all the way to 25 and wrote the class off, but I didn't catch that particular playstyle.

It opened a whole new avenue for me.

amigastar

The story feels pretty uninspired early on but I guess many don't play Diablo games for the story.

Advancement feels a little slow, throttled. The game play feels slower and more methodical than previous entries - which feels both good and bad in different ways.

Its bones feel solid.

Seeing as progress is getting wiped and progress felt slow, I stopped and deleted the game after a few hours. I figure I may as well save any other early-game content for release. Though this beta did not sell me on the game.
As bad as the story might be in Diablo it always was better than in other ARpgs where it is even worse.
Grim Dawn, Torchlight story? Worse.

Moneal

The blood mist corpse explosion build is stupid. How is that even in the game. Basically immortal as long as you can get the cooldown low.

Nydius

Didn’t feel like fighting the queue until late at night. Got a Druid to 10, wasn’t quite feeling it because so much in the game feels so punishing to melee classes. Decided to try Necro for a bit and holy shit… I thought Sorc was EZ Mode but Necro is practically auto pilot. I got to level 15 before I got disconnected and called it a night; I never once felt like I was going to die. Or even get close to dying.

I’ve played all the classes on Tier 2 and Necro is by far the easiest. It really puts the difficulty of Barb and Druid melee builds in very stark contrast.

Last edited:
It's late right now but I finally finished downloading and no queue at all. So far so good, just whacking things with my basic barb. Reminds me of the good old days of D2, nice and bloody to open. Not like D3 which was a cartoon.

For some reason this game is quite demanding on my hardware. If I set the resolution scale higher than 100% on my 3090 it starts dropping frames below 60 fps. It looks pretty good but to actually push a 3090 that hard? I dunno what it's doing.

niilokin

Still continuing with my Barbarian and it's really weird how fast my HP can drop from even trivial encounters. I'm not digging the ability/skill tree much either, just feels off. This time also noticed alot of stuttering and massive frame drops.

Last edited:
Yeah i love my barbs moves, the 'feel', but still getting stomped occasionally. Level 25 now, trying to mix and match some skills to see what helps.

sendit

I was just playing and the game kind of pissed me off. I was doing the Act I pilgrimage quest and there is a monster at the end of it that was pretty much impossible to beat at my level. Then, I did a dungeon and the boss was impossible to beat. So, I quit the dungeon.

I am trying to hit level 20 and the game starts pulling this shit. So, I have made it to 19 now. Not much of a way to go.

I will just find some random dungeons and finish it off.

Seriously, WTF?, game.

Curious what class/build you're playing? It is a cake walk to get to 20, even at tier 2.

hinch7

Yeah i love my barbs moves, the 'feel', but still getting stomped occasionally. Level 25 now, trying to mix and match some skills to see what helps.
I'm playing as one too. They're okay in D4, but also feeling a little squishy. Only got to level 13 though so may to experiment with different builds.

I'm playing as one too. They're okay in D4, but also feeling a little squishy. Only got to level 13 though so may to experiment with different builds.

Yeah which is weird, as some of their attacks feel powerful, just swinging away at mofos feels excellent. Realized i was doing the classic spread too thin with the skills tonight, and as soon as i dumped 5/5 points in a select two or three skills, became a bit more manageable, especially bosses.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Really hate the vibe this games gives off. You are a dump cunt that parties to hard and gets drugged and fed some flowers. Barf it all out…. This is the hero to save humanity. :/

And then doing these boss holograms again is just so cheap. Don’t they see people are perfectly fine with a more relaxed approach ala Elden Ring… urgh.

Last edited:
Digging the sense of kinetics/momentum with attacks and movement, those big lumbering grotesque mfs just skidding past, big hammer swings, dash, etc.

Three

All of the console versions have local co op. PC is the only one left out.
I suspect because not a lot of people hook up to a TV and sit on a couch and so not a lot of people actually play PC co-op. They probably have data on this.

Last edited:
Really hate the vibe this games gives off. You are a dump cunt that parties to hard and gets drugged and fed some flowers. Barf it all out…. This is the hero to save humanity. :/

And then doing these boss holograms again is just so cheap. Don’t they see people are perfectly fine with a more relaxed approach ala Elden Ring… urgh.
The way that Deckard Cain 2.0 narrates it when he leaves on his horse, it's more like humanity is fucked and he should have realized it sooner...

Flintty

Got my Necro to 25 last night. Great fun but way OP compared to Rogue. Sad there’s no Corpse Lance.

Still likely to be my main.

Neolombax

Just got off of playing Necro, one marathon straight to level 21. I was honestly surprised at how many minions the game allowed me to summon. I just died once to a boss, and I was playing on Veteran, which was the highest I could play on. Corpse explosion didnt seem to cost anything, and the skeletons were pretty tanky. Will try to finish act 1 with Necro, and try out another class, maybe Sorc or Barb.

Levels look nice, enemy veriety is good, but tonally I'm confused. The opening was pretty dark and eerie, which I liked LOT. But as the game goes on, it becomes lighter and lighter, including the levels, they became more and more like D3 thematically. Was hoping they would be darker like D2. Most likely I'm going to purchase it, but was honestly hoping a bit more. I'm purchasing because exploring the open world is pretty fun, dungeons are pretty expansive than I anticipated, and theres quite a bit to customize for the characters. Havent found any interesting loot so far, but I like the loot designs so theres that.

TTOOLL

Played the druid (peak male body) up to level 10 yesterday and tested all basic skills.

Lightning is quite good but I didn’t enjoy the others. Combat feels good but I can’t explain what it is lacking, but something is missing there.

The character seems to be floating not walking. Inventory sucks, UI is ugly as hell. I didn’t care about the story and it seems quite focused on that. Diablo is for destroying mobs and getting items period.

Overall it seems it’s going to be a good game but they killed it for me with enemy leveling. I want to get stronger and feel like it in the game. I want to humiliate and nuke previous enemies because I progressed and got good gear. That’s all I want in a Diablo game.

Played the druid (peak male body) up to level 10 yesterday and tested all basic skills.

Lightning is quite good but I didn’t enjoy the others. Combat feels good but I can’t explain what it is lacking, but something is missing there.

The character seems to be floating not walking. Inventory sucks, UI is ugly as hell. I didn’t care about the story and it seems quite focused on that. Diablo is for destroying mobs and getting items period.

Overall it seems it’s going to be a good game but they killed it for me with enemy leveling. I want to get stronger and feel like it in the game. I want to humiliate and nuke previous enemies because I progressed and got good gear. That’s all I want in a Diablo game.
Get better gear, get affixes that take advantage of your skills. That is where the power comes from.

what's the quickest way to lvl 20? i'm only at lvl 11. i dont think i'm going to make it to 20 :(

edit: also i don't know if it's the game or the new nvidia drivers but my GPU fans spun up to 100% for a few seconds while playing. i got a fright lol. that's the first that's ever happened. the fans are usually at 30%. the game is mostly running at about 40C.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

God damn, playing as necromancer is incredibly OP. The balancing between the classes is horrible with only several months to launch. Sure they can nerf some skills, but I think the balancing issues run much deeper and it will be merely a duct-tape solution.

MikeM

Currently playing on my PC and PS5. Game looks really good on PS5 and runs great compared to my PC at max settings. Only material difference is 120fps on my PC vs 60. Otherwise, they look damn close to eachother.

Top Bottom