• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did any of you redeem one of the codes Microsoft/Bethesda scrolled across the screen during the TGAs 2021?

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I missed the live show and was 2 hours behind so when they first started scrolling I knew they were already redeemed. I did pause and start looking for where to submit a code in the Xbox app just to see, but after not finding it (I've barely used it so forgive me if it's obvious to you) I just said fuck it.

I was wondering what people thought of this? Did any of you snag a code and what was it?

Kagero

Nope. Tried as well but every code I tried says it was redeemed. I'm skeptical because I saw the codes and screen capped it immediately. I refuse to believe they all could have been redeemed in less than 30 seconds.

T-Cake

Nope. Tried as well but every code I tried says it was redeemed. I'm skeptical because I saw the codes and screen capped it immediately. I refuse to believe they all could have been redeemed in less than 30 seconds.
Every single code? There seemed to be hundreds of them on the Bethesda segment and for different platforms.

M16

I instantly paused the screen, began at the middle to bottom, every single xbox code i tried said redeemed.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I imagine bots snatched most up. Codes in sizzle reels is a known quantity now.

I thought it was pretty funny they gave away so many codes. I knew better to not even try. Overall MS had some pretty great spots last night. Their marketing team is doing a great job.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I waited until my son got off work so I could watch the show with him. By the time I saw this, it'd already been nearly 2 hours since it aired. I knew better than to even try.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Every single code? There seemed to be hundreds of them on the Bethesda segment and for different platforms.
Yeah that's why I wondered if anyone had a shot. Why even do it though. There were something like 300k on them main stream and another 100k viewers on copycat streams. Even if they gave away 300 codes that's so small I can't imagine it would bring about much good will from viewers.
What was it?
I was hoping someone else would tell me lol

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I didn't even know they were on. Was it as cringy and bad as usual?

Antwix

I actually got to (almost) redeem a 3 month Game Pass for PC code that the person behind the GamePass twitch name was dropping. However, it required a active payment/card on the account, which I don't have at the moment. Oh well.

levyjl1988

Banned
Nope tried at least 5 of them when they aired and they were all redeemed. I think they gave out all used codes, no way all of them can be redeemed that fast.

Top Bottom