• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone enjoy Pikmin? Like really enjoy it?

olimario

Banned
pikmin-2-200405110204074.jpg

emot-dance1.gif
emot-dance1.gif
emot-dance1.gif
emot-dance1.gif

dbish

Here's the thing. I never really played Pikmin 1, but I borrowed Pikmin 2 from a friend. I really want to love the game. I love the graphics, I love the gameplay, I love the whole exploration/figuring out which pikmin to use where.

I only have one problem with the game. I refuse to let them die. If I lose any pikmin (except the red ones, which I finally accepted as expendeble) I start the day over. It's terrible. I can't make it anywhere in the game. Anyone else have this problem?

sammy

.loved it.

sure, it got tediouse towards the end ... but many games do, from shooters, stealth, rpg, strategy, and platforming games often get tediouse ---- the emotion of tedium can be very rewarding to overcome in a game you absolutely adore, sometimes it's the best form of challenge for a game to test your very patience after all its other challenges have been adressed in the game itself..... Hell, many of use gladly chunk down $50 to import some PS2 shooter ... then another $20 to replace our broke controller later.

Pikmin isn't for EVERYONE - but for those that loved it, Pikmin2 really rounded out the entire experience ..... And for the less patient gamers the game "ends" a little over halfway ---- It gets tediouse when you commit yourself to the full 30+ hours ....... But hell, after those hours it's still one of the most rewarding games I played this generation... though I wouldn't reccomend it to everyone.

Jeff-DSA

I love Pikmin, I think it's one of the finest franchises to come out of Nintendo or any other developer for quite some time.

Pikmin 2 is one of the most relaxing and genuinely enjoyable games of this generation.

sammy

dbish said:
Here's the thing. I never really played Pikmin 1, but I borrowed Pikmin 2 from a friend. I really want to love the game. I love the graphics, I love the gameplay, I love the whole exploration/figuring out which pikmin to use where.

I only have one problem with the game. I refuse to let them die. If I lose any pikmin (except the red ones, which I finally accepted as expendeble) I start the day over. It's terrible. I can't make it anywhere in the game. Anyone else have this problem?

many people had that issue --- the sense of loss is really one of the outstanding parts of Pikmin .... and it happens often.
You just have to ride with it, and chuckle a bit morbidly ---- then you're good to go.... There's always more seeds dammit.

But desparately holding onto your white and purple Pikmin can be stressful : ]

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
It's been too long since I've played it for me to comment on the game in-depth, but I found the premise and gameplay to be fun and rather original, but repetitive and monotonous after not too long. If there were more variety in gameplay it may have held my attention longer, but it started to bore me about a third of the way through.

Top Bottom