• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Death Stranding: PS4 vs PS4 Pro Performance + Day One Patch Testing

Bullet Club

Banned

Join John and Rich for a detailed discussion on how Death Stranding compares on PS4 and PS4 Pro, and what extra refinements the day one patch adds to the game. On top of that, the earliest media assets are stacked up against the final shipping game - with some fascinating results.

Subscribe for more Digital Foundry: http://bit.ly/DFSubscribe

Join the DF Patreon, support the team more directly in producing work like this and get access to pristine quality video downloads of our work: https://www.digitalfoundry.net

Shrap

Can any fellow kindly summarise the key differences between the two?
PS4 - 1080P 30FPS with minor dips
PS4 Pro - 2160P checkerboard 30FPS with minor dips or 1080p performance mode at locked 30 (pretty pointless; see last sentence)

Both versions look and run excellent with the day one patch improving pro performance. Base PS4 version isn't missing anything, just runs at a lower res.

It's also worth noting those minor drops are only during cutscenes. The actual gameplay is always a solid 30FPS in both versions.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I posted yesterday that the Amateur version is native 1080p but what surprised me was the AA solution... I wanted to know more about it.
I did not noticed any dip in the first two chapters.

It's also worth noting those minor drops are only during cutscenes. The actual gameplay is always a solid 30FPS in both versions.
Ohhhh that can be the case... watching is hard to see dips than playing.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
PS4 - 1080P 30FPS with minor dips
PS4 Pro - 2160P checkerboard 30FPS with minor dips or 1080p performance mode at locked 30 (pretty pointless; see last sentence)

Both versions look and run excellent with the day one patch improving pro performance. Base PS4 version isn't missing anything, just runs at a lower res.

Did they said what resolution the 4K checkerboarding was rendering from?

Top Bottom