• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Lords of the Fallen: PS5/Xbox Series X/S Tech Review - A Stunning Reboot With Ongoing Tech Issues

Zuzu

I think some developers would be better off making their games with a laser focus on delivering a locked 60fps and 1440p resolution (minimum) and then trying to make up any graphical deficiency’s using creative artistic choices and adapting the art style to those technical minimums rather than trying to use UE5’s full feature set (or even UE5 at all).

Overall I think we’d end up getting a more pleasant looking and playing game than some of these awful low resolution and erratic framerate games that we’re getting on UE5. At least make it a minimum of 1080p internal resolution and 60fps. No lower.

Gamerguy84

Cant we achieve the visuals we want with other enginee not named UE5?

I don't care about naninte eliminating pop in and lumen with RT when baked looks fine...

UE5 seems so resource intensive. I'm good with insomniac methods if it means better IQ.

WitchHunter

Banned
People wanted "trully next gen" games ....well.. enjoy it I guess...

I'll never understand wanting to pay the minimum possible for hardware (in 2020) and expect three years later to be at the cutting edge of graphical gaming at the same time.

Give me a stable game at 60 fps and fuck all the pretty lights and reflections...
1080p is your frieeend.

I'm sure this game is gonna get lots of patches in the coming days, the game didn't have foliage on PS5 at launch either. Clearly this is coming in very hot. The IO and traversal stutters are way too severe to be 'normal'.
But to what avail? Average gamers do not give a fuck about fps performance, they don't care, they don't even know wtf does fps mean. Plus hardcores already finished the game. At least half of the player base already finished when they release these performance patches. What about releasing a game with proper performance, is that too much to ask? Why punish the avid gamer and why reward the sloths who will pay less for the whole game? Bonkers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1080p is your frieeend.

But to what avail? Average gamers do not give a fuck about fps performance, they don't care, they don't even know wtf does fps mean. Plus hardcores already finished the game. At least half of the player base already finished when they release these performance patches. What about releasing a game with proper performance, is that too much to ask? Why punish the avid gamer and why reward the sloths who will pay less for the whole game? Bonkers.

Well, I mean the game not being good is a whole another discussion. I have absolutely no interest playing the game in the first place, that it is in a flaming state just makes that feeling all the stronger.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
1080p is your frieeend.

If waiting to play a better perfomance, cheaper and probably more complete game is being a sloth .. well... count me in ... until then, keep beta testing this shit for me baby

Last edited:

M1987

I played the game maxed out on pc, it doesn't really look better than demons remake from 2 years ago, stunning is a big word to describe the game.

It can look great but it is very uneven.
It looks like shit,nowhere near Demon's Souls,I can't believe how bad it looks

GymWolf

It looks like shit,nowhere near Demon's Souls,I can't believe how bad it looks
It has good parts and bad parts, let's not exagerate here, sure overall it looks worse than demons.

It looks much worse on yt that live maxed out at 4k.

FingerBang

It has good parts and bad parts, let's not exagerate here, sure overall it looks worse than demons.

It looks much worse on yt that live maxed out at 4k.
I agree. Some sections are stunning, some are meh, but overall is a great looking game that simply needed a bit more in the oven before release.

They're doing a great job patching it, it's substantially better than it was at launch.

GymWolf

I'm on the first boss so maybe it improves,but up to now it looks awful
First boss model look like shit, face look super shit ps3 level, i agree.
(But then again, faces in demons were kinda meh)

P.s. are you on pc?

Last edited:
Top Bottom