• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 - DF Tech Review - PS5/Xbox Series X/Switch + PC Tested!

YCoCg

Same goes for piracy/emulation advocates.

thats-bait.gif

Esppiral

MGS1:
- Emulation done by Developer M2. PS1 version running in software with the same quirks.
- Texture wobbling, 30 FPS cap and drops to 20 FPS and under.
- European Pal version is capped at 25 FPS.
- Master collection includes both NTSC and Pal version (why would anyone use Pal version)
Because it has one of the best European Spanish dubbs in a videogame ever.

I would trade 30 FPS for this fantastic dub anytime, not that the games keeps a consistent 30 FPS anyway.

But they could have forced NTSC timings in the pal version just like duckstation or any competent psx emulator can....

Last edited:
Right, for the 2011 HD Collection release.

The 2023 Vol 1 collection has absolutely no visual improvements of any kind. In-fact, the IQ is degraded over the 2011 versions in some ways.
It still had a screen res boast over the original. I find Konami and Nintendo to be as bad as each other for their HD ports

Senua

I must say I love the presentation of MGS1 in this collection, does great job in emulating original PSX CRT visuals on 4K tv - just as I wanted it to look.

Don’t get yourself fooled that you need anything more to feel the greatness of MGS. For those who still have PS3 around - good for you, but you’re not the target for this collection. Same goes for piracy/emulation advocates.
You have zero standards then, it's a straight 240p minimum effort job

You're just wrong buddy. Nintendo has never gone backwards on a port. Literally never.
They're just lazy and make next to effort with their ports, like Konami.
Right, for the 2011 HD Collection release.

The 2023 Vol 1 collection has absolutely no visual improvements of any kind. In-fact, the IQ is degraded over the 2011 versions in some ways.
It had extras mind in terms of content something which Nintendo can't be bothered to do. To me both corps are lazy when it comes to their old games.
Look, man, I get it. Nintendo gets a free pass on a LOT of their tomfoolery, but this MGS "Master" Collection business is well beyond any laziness coming from Nintendo. It is an almost uniquely Konami-level amount of disinterest in providing an adequate release.
They get a free pass all the time. Nintendo is like a prophet to some or a lover to others on here and beyond criticism

Top Bottom