• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Palworld is VERY Early Access - Every Xbox Console Tested: Series X, Series S, One X and One S

The in game screenshots have been showing those "Nintendo assets" since 2021 (that's when I put the game on my curator). Nintendo has no leg to stand on or they would have acted. They kill fan projects the same week they are announced.

GHG

1efPalworldWin64Shippin.jpg

I caught a chicken and killed a 2nd. Tried to catch a sheep but apparently the balls I made don't work. Typical male stuff.

Get their health down as much as possible without killing them and then try to throw the sphere at the back of the pal you're attempting to catch.

That should massively increase your chances of catching them. Either that or wait until after dark and try to catch them while sleeping, but sneak up on them and throw it at their back.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Gamepass file system, you can't do anything really. And people wonder why Steam is ahead...
Look for the "Palworld-WinGDK-Shipping.exe" in the game directory. Create a shortcut for it and add -dx12 there.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

How is everyone so obsessed with this game? It is just an ok survival game with pokemon skin.

I know right? I started playing it just to see what all the fuss was about and immediately laughed at all the similarities, like Pokémon and BOTW meet Fortnite at a Minecraft convention. I started messing around with the crafting, then I build myself a base, started leveling up and gaining more abilities and unlocking more skills to craft new items, then started catching some pretty interesting creature that you can ride, fly or carry and they shoot a submachine gun… 3 or 4 hours later I was like holy shit what am I doing? where did the time go?

Filben

Gamepass file system, you can't do anything really. And people wonder why Steam is ahead...
Yeah, it took them ages to let you even access the games' folder on your own hard drive, or to enable modding for certain titles. Now the app runs way faster and more stable but it's still behind Steam... you can't even look up patch notes; there's no news/blog site from developers like it's on Steam. The only small notification you get is "recently updated" under the game's name and that's it. But bravo for the howlongtobeat integration, I guess. On Steam, you can actually follow a game's development progress and read news from the devs, not unimportant especially in an early access game.

Fredrik

Have you seen how popular Ark is? There's a huge market for games like this.

This one has an added 'pokemon inspiration' factor on top.
Only played like an hour but a friend explained it properly with some depth details and now I’m not even a tiny big surprised at the popularity.
It’s essentially taking long evolved gameplay mechanics from popular games and mash it all together and add some new ideas and finally add Pokémon-like creatures too. And early access means they can get away with bugs. And lower prices means more will try it. And same thing through Gamepass. And Xbox exclusivity means Twitter and boards will keep talking about it keeping it in the spotlight for more to notice it.
Mastermind CEO

winjer

Gold Member
It's called like that in my version:

kINZHbJ.jpg

I wouldn't have guessed that this can be game exe. Thanks!

DX12 works.

If you want to tweak the game, the config files are here: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Pal\Saved\Config\WinGDK\

I just remembered that UE has a command to change the default API. Just set it to DX12 or DX11 at the end of the line.

[/Script/WindowsTargetPlatform.WindowsTargetSettings]
DefaultGraphicsRHI=DefaultGraphicsRHI_DX12

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I thought this was ue4 not 5? In that case it's even more impressive they made it as ugly as they did 😂
Despite the hype, UE5 is meant to be scalable. This isn't using any of the more advanced features of the engine obviously

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
If they dont go after this, it could be a starting signal for other companies to make a platform game with Some kind of plumber and his brother running around.
Ever heard of Great Giana Sisters? Nintendo would love to shut this down I'm sure but the law isn't in their side.

Shame the One X version is pretty much just One S running at 1080p. Seems like a waste not having better textures like the Series versions at least given the added vram.

Zuzu

Sound like one of the worst performing games ever on One S if you take both resolution and frame rate into account

StereoVsn

Have you seen how popular Ark is? There's a huge market for games like this.

This one has an added 'pokemon inspiration' factor on top.
I can never understand that. Arc was shit and this also kind of looks meh. I just don’t get the popularity.

Which is ok because I also don’t get why Fortnite is so popular, lol.

ShrRTQ5.gif

Top Bottom