• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Star Citizen's Next-Gen Tech: Micro-Level Detail

mortal mortal I plan on jumping in head first once these new gpu's launch and I can upgrade from my 1080. I'd love to put together a HOTAS as well because the flight model they are trying to implement looks absolutely amazing. Someone on GAF a while back actually ended up giving me some really nice simulator paddles. Just need the sticks and to put together a frame.

That vid was amazing.

Also just watched the moon vid... Man, these environments are stunning. Beyond what I had hoped the moons ended up looking like, and they aren't even done yet.

jWfTp2N.png

PDVR5uB.png

iOMTcGR.png

MpVpZfr.png

QQxMIM4.png

pDdWs7O.png

YhBLaBQ.png

tgEClgY.png

hkqOJyW.png

XKW3MCS.png

TUROK

Watching these videos makes me understand why this game's budget is so absurdly high. The things they're doing in this game are stupidly ambitious from both a gameplay and tech perspective.

I'm still impressed at how their animation system works both in first and third person without the need for separate models or animations.

Ovek

7Member7
Whilst i'm not Star Citizens biggest fan (well not a fan of their business practices) I will say the ship damage system looks great.

MTom

Neo Member
I have a GTX1080 and last time i tried SC it run 50-100 FPS at 1440p highest settings so it's running quite well

Top Bottom