• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a serious question about Digital Foundry

unlurkified

Haha. Sorry, should’ve added a /s somewhere in there. Okay, cricket instead.

But hey, I stand by my belief that if a man likes J-pop/K-pop, etc for too long, it could lead to reverse erections.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ
Which part? My grandpaw was part of the Chosen Resoiver shit show. Got a purple heart for frostbite of all things. He didn't talk about it much, tho.
Not sure, would have been ‘52 though, his whole squad got wiped out and he ended up dragging two survivors back to the fence. And yeah not one to talk about it unless you got them seriously drunk….and it’s a depressing drunk.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You don't want to be on the bad side of the YG fanbase, which can make a coordinated strike at any time for any incomprehensible reason. They are making the smart decision to preemptively have some sort of representation to ensure any potential interpretations land on the side of being fans.

He used to always use the euphemism: ‘kicked the can’ for somebody dying…his sergeant literally died by kicking a can with a grenade in it.

I never got it till he told the rough story drunk as hell...but he loved curling and I am pretty sure he will haunt anyone that says anything bad about it. 👻

Last edited:

FingerBang

I would guess that John Linneman is into their music.
He seems the type honestly. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way, massive weeb vibes from him, and any man who specifically shaves their facial hair into a soul patch has elected themselves to be extremely punchable.
John seems to be into grunge and alt rock from the 90s, he praises the soundtrack of the Road Rash games in his lates DF Retro video (in early access for patreon supporters).

The two things don't exclude each other, but get a life anyway.

YCoCg

My theory is that this is how the team trolls Rich with notifications, like he mentions at the end of DF directs.
It's this, if you watch the DF directs Richard always throws a mention of odd things appearing in the feed as John and Alex laugh, he's mentioned channels like RandomGaminginHD, Linus Tech Tips, etc, before.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I’m sorry but any grown man that likes music with high-pitched little girls that prance around on stage is highly suspect. The whole asian idol scene just breeds incels. It’s like if you ask a dude what spectator sports he likes and he replies with curling or synchronized swimming. Eyebrow-raising indeed.

I take it you mean little as in stature not age cuz im pretty sure these chicks are like 30 years old.

Also a weird take to be on a gaming forum and complain about men being suspect due to watching certain things.
Said things being asian chicks dancing and synchronized swimming.

Fw-ffvg_SZnuoZ3YwsUtQyHrV18PR_jjx8LM6dgbpPM.jpg

^Varvara Subbotina synchronized swimmer.

Haha. Sorry, should’ve added a /s somewhere in there. Okay, cricket instead.

But hey, I stand by my belief that if a man likes J-pop/K-pop, etc for too long, it could lead to reverse erections.
Sure about that? Just going by the thumbnails it's definitely giving me a standard erection.

I do have a manga character for an avatar though...

CJ_75

Are the BlackPink's videos running in 4K60 with Raytracing on?
Many of us couldn't tell, DF can.

Last edited:
It's problematic.... canceled!

We should also go back and look for evidence of DF presenters wearing blackface or re-tweeting something from an anti-vaxxer... I'm sure we'll find it.

Why are Digital Foundry subscribed to BlackPink's channel (a k-pop group)?

0oAakRq.png

Are these girls actually tech-savvy? Were they producing a video game about the group as a top-secret project? Will some of these girls be joining Digital Foundry's enlightened group?

Doubts are troubling my mind GAF.... What do you guys think?

Dang, you give new meaning to the phrase “reading too much into it”, dude.

MarkMe2525

I’m sorry but any grown man that likes music with high-pitched little girls that prance around on stage is highly suspect. The whole asian idol scene just breeds incels. It’s like if you ask a dude what spectator sports he likes and he replies with curling or synchronized swimming. Eyebrow-raising indeed.
Only insecure little boys worry about if their preferred entertainment choices are manly enough.

zeomax

I watched now the three music videos posted in this thread and all three kind of sounded all the same :messenger_neutral:

God damnit now my Youtube will be full of Kpop songs. Like a couple of month ago where i accidentally clicked on a video then my Youtube frontpage was full of videos on how to cure Tinnitus by sticking fingers in my ears.

reinking

Gold Member
I watched now the three music videos posted in this thread and all three kind of sounded all the same :messenger_neutral:

God damnit now my Youtube will be full of Kpop songs. Like a couple of month ago where i accidentally clicked on a video then my Youtube frontpage was full of videos on how to cure Tinnitus by sticking fingers in my ears.
LOL. I have a bagpipe girl that shows up in my feed. Even when I reset everything she will go away for a few weeks and then make it back. She plays rock songs on bagpipes so the first time it popped I thought it was cool and watched that video. Now, she haunts me. The girl seems cool enough but why YouTube has decided that I must watch her I have no idea.

Here is a link to a short if you want to check it out but do so at your own risk. Ally the Piper Freebird

Last edited:
LOL. I have a bagpipe girl that shows up in my feed. Even when I reset everything she will go away for a few weeks and then make it back. She plays rock songs on bagpipes so the first time it popped I thought it was cool and watched that video. Now, she haunts me. The girl seems cool enough but why YouTube has decided that I must watch her I have no idea.

Here is a link to a short if you want to check it out but do so at your own risk. Ally the Piper Freebird
👻

He seems the type honestly. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way, massive weeb vibes from him, and any man who specifically shaves their facial hair into a soul patch has elected themselves to be extremely punchable.

You seen super into him, dude. Why not try reaching out, maybe getting his number.

poodaddy

No Way GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Dude you're so smart and original, and fast too! You're definitely more my type, but unfortunately I don't think you'd be into me. I'm not a frumpy fat guy with a soul patch and bottle cap glasses :(. Would you accept me anyway?

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Digital Foundry just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about YouTube video game technical review culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is for Linus Tech Tips where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you Subscribe to BlackPink as a video game tech review channel, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the DF audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to watch John Linneman not review Hogwarts Legacy, nor will they tune in to see Alex Battaglia cry in frustration at PC ports.

This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Digital Foundry has alienated an entire market with this move.
DF, publicly apologize and Unsubscribe or you can kiss your business goodbye.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Why are Digital Foundry subscribed to BlackPink's channel (a k-pop group)?

0oAakRq.png

Are these girls actually tech-savvy? Were they producing a video game about the group as a top-secret project? Will some of these girls be joining Digital Foundry's enlightened group?

Doubts are troubling my mind GAF.... What do you guys think?

This is clear the smoking bullet. CLEAR

They won't review Hogwarts Legacy but they'll review hours of petite washboard teenage boy looking Asian chicks for HRS. LIT. HRS.

Digital Foundry? More like Digital Floundery. Call these motherfuckers A Little Late With Lily Singh, because shit be CANCELED.

Drizzlehell

Banned
DF represents everything that I find annoying about PC gamers so it doesn't surprise me that they would have a connection with music that I find un-listenable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom