• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digitial Foundry] Resident Evil Village Demo - Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Ray Tracing Analysis + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripolygon

Banned
It's a single spot and pointed out as an oddity. Also from DF article "Across a range of content tested in this mode, both consoles delivered a 100fps average"
The oddity being they did not expect PS5 to lead by that margin contrary to what the paper specs says, going as far as claiming maybe something at the API level is limiting XSX. Why do you keep pointing out both consoles deliver 100fps average as if i said otherwise. Again for the last time, that screenshot shows how paper specs does not paint the entire picture as going by paper specs XSX would never dip below PS5 ever but that is not the only game where PS5 leads in some places. I have been saying before both consoles launched that this is the first time where both consoles are very close in performance.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Do you think DF should make the fps counter an average one? It just causes too much issue cause of the fanboys
They have an avg fps counter too, if you look at their PC hardware reviews. They just don't seem to show it for the console comparisons.

The raytracing benchmark is what ive always had a hunch on series x is slightly faster in compute heavy workloads its where all those shaders and teraflops come to play and ps5 is slightly faster in rasterization workloads, vetrices polygons textures alpha transparencies and so on. Different strengths but doesnt make a big difference.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ugh. Reporting someone for calling you a name... Come on, don't be so soft.
750626.jpg

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
NXGamer is as bad. Why did he not show this clip in his face off. Note the average fps at the bottom. Timestamped.

What are you talking about? He showed that exact clip and pointed out the better performance on XSX.

Timestamped

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

What does that have to do with the argument?

Yeah. And all consoles will have their tradeoffs, for sure, but this gen is pretty much on par, and the only major "outliers" will be games that are platform exclusive.

Thing is, you won't see a platform exclusive from MS, so my guess (and this is only a guess) is that they will continue trading blows in 3rd party games and PS5 exclusives will set the console graphical / game design benchmark (unless sony stops making them). And that is fine, the audience is not quite the same, and they are both very capable machines when compared to modern PC counterparts (certainly not as capped as past gen was from the very beginning). We'll see some very cool things.
Interesting times for sure. As soon as I manage to get my ps5..

Topher

Gold Member
But the gap is way wider in the first video I posted but he chose post the closer one in the face off. Dodgy !

What? No....you are just wrong. There were two separate comparison videos. The initial one and then the follow-up after the 2.0 patch.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Where is the official RE8 thread?
You want a thread about playing the game and talking about how much you enjoyed the game and not about how one system may have 2 frames less ever 167 seconds and you wouldnt notice it playing your version?

GAF:

Alebrije

Behold the power of Xbone...no one can reach its Photomode holy grial and now reveals its eyelash attack.

What other marvels await to be discovered inside that black plastic box...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom