• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLSS 2 mod for Starfield has been released free on Nexus

Instantly installed. Thank you.
So what happened to that patreon thing that had everyone mad last week?
Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

legacy24

This won’t work for Xbox gamepass pc version correct ?
saw this post in the replies

For gamepass users, what I did to get it to work is make sure the folders go

Starfield > Content > Mods (with the files asked for in the description)

it shouldnt be in the upscaler base plugin folder

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
People saying same quality
Yeah, I don't if something going on with it, or what. I can tell the difference between Native, Xess, and FSR/DLSS, but DLSS and FSR look the same. Xess has more of a dithered look with less-obvious sharpening.

I'd guess the benefit is that once DLSS3 FG is up and running it will be able to run in tandem with DLSS.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
saw this post in the replies

For gamepass users, what I did to get it to work is make sure the folders go

Starfield > Content > Mods (with the files asked for in the description)

it shouldnt be in the upscaler base plugin folder
Took me 20 mins to figure out how to do the mod. It’s not for idiots who never mod following the steps on nexus .

Got it to work though and scaling to about 60% made the game so 4k max settings 60fps.

Unsure what this is exactly doing though . I assume upscaling from a 1440p image or close to up to 4k? This the fps boost to allow 60 fps.

Tieno

I bought the game for xbox series x. I know I can play it also on PC through the xbox app but that sucks , is there any way I can play this through the Steam interface without paying again?

I bought the game for xbox series x. I know I can play it also on PC through the xbox app but that sucks , is there any way I can play this through the Steam interface without paying again?
The only way you could play the game through steam is by downloading Starfield on the Xbox app and then adding it to Steam as a ‘non Steam game’. The game will still launch through the Xbox app, but you won’t have to interface with that app at that point, Steam should just boot the .exe for you.

To be clear, I don’t think there is a way of moving the file structure to Steam/Apps/common because Steam will still prompt you to purchase the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom