• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield data mined shows that it does not have DLSS or XeSS

Buggy Loop

AMD’s ”no comments” earlier this year in all these questions could have been two things, that they support every upscalers and the community freaked out over nothing, or that AMD is really blocking the other upscalers..

Well unless there’s a day 1 patch 59 change that, the preload doesn’t have DLSS / XeSS

FSR here we go

puke GIF

Stuart360

Why would AMD block it, whats Starfield got to do with them (sorry if i'm missing some old news, havent really been following news).

Anyway modders will add it in for sure on PC. My 1080ti doesnt allows DLSS anyway.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
AMD on some bullshit. Fortunately PureDark will mod it in including DLSS3 like he did for Jedi Survivor.

Last edited:

damidu

Why do you need DLSS if you have a high end PC?.
I think people forget that the whole point of these upscalers is to help people with mid and low end systems.
not really, dlss at quality gives pretty much native image quality with 20+ fps bonus.
why wouldnt i take it
and we are talking about bethesda game, you probably will need all the help you can get, unless you are on a 4090 or something.

Buggy Loop

The same reason why NVidia blocked FSR2 and XeSS in Baldurs Gate. And Amid Evil Back labyrinth.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Maybe has to do with the fact that the game is pushed a month ahead, Sven even said at one point he wanted the release version to have ray tracing.

But you’re pulling that out of your ass

Pelta88

steve-carell-the-office.gif

When I said "It's important to see hands on gameplay and impressions on Series X." certain shills laughed. I'm still hoping for the best for Starfield...

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
AMD on some bullshit. Fortunately PureDark will mod it in including DLSS3 like he did for Jedi Survivor.
And get rich because it's a paid mod thanks to AMD ?
No way I pay for a mod, I won't use crappy FSR and hope the game is not CPU limited.
I think people forget that the whole point of these upscalers is to help people with mid and low end systems.
Because games can be CPU limited and the use of DLSS 3 Frame Generation can sort of bypass that.
Also, DLSS is a way more effective upscaler or even just a great AA solution.

winjer

Gold Member

Maybe has to do with the fact that the game is pushed a month ahead, Sven even said at one point he wanted the release version to have ray tracing.

Remember when you told me, that implementing these upscalers took a couple of hours.
So what is the excuse now?

Buggy Loop

You need a form of temporal anti-aliasing. Raw native doesn’t cut it, even at 4K. So TAA? That’s what all “native” have had for years

DLSS is better than that 95% of the time with a big performance boost

If we go DLAA, DLSS but at native res without upscale, then it’s not even a question, it’s the best image quality you can have.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
This will already indicate that there will be performance issues with this game, because FSR is shit, and there is no DLSS so people need to finetune their settings which could lead in disappointing results.

I totally forgot that they had exclusive AMD tech for Starfield. A massive blow and should effect the review scores imo.

Last edited:

violence

That’s business for you. You accept AMD money, you gotta do what they say. I’m sure you will be able to mod it in.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
And get rich because it's a paid mod thanks to AMD ?
No way I pay for a mod, I won't use crappy FSR and hope the game is not CPU limited.

Because games can be CPU limited and the use of DLSS 3 Frame Generation can sort of bypass that.
Also, DLSS is a way more effective upscaler or even just a great AA solution.

I paid for the the mod to use on Jedi Survivor. Made for an exquisite experience.

Buggy Loop

Remember when you told me, that implementing these upscalers took a couple of hours.
So what is the excuse now?

Ask Larian

I ain’t your reporter

You have no proof about blocking FSR on BG3 winjer, I’m a bit disappointed to see that comment from you

Surely there’s a ton of members of the cult who would love to get the story that Nvidia blocked FSR, they must be asking devs every release. By this point we should have had that story for all to see. Where is it?

Maybe Larian having the console versions later than PC release means they just pushed FSR for that time? I’m speculating, not making claims as if they are proven like you just did with Nvidia blocking upscalers in BG3

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
they will be massively kneecapping game's financial potential because of gamepass/no playstation.
any extra money helps at that point i guess.
How much do you think AMD is able to give, I don't think its that much, to offset what you've said

winjer

Gold Member
Ask Larian

I ain’t your reporter

You have no proof about blocking FSR on BG3 winjer, I’m a bit disappointed to see that comment from you

Come on. If this thing with Baldur's Gate happened in reverse, you would be up in arms. The same way you are in regards to Starfield.
You have proved with plenty of examples that implementing these upscalers is easy and fast. You said many times on this forum, that there is no excuse.
But now you dismiss it as if nothing happened, just because it does not affect you.

Besides, PureDark has already confirmed he will mod DLSS into Starfield.
AMD has not blocked the DLSS mod. Unlike NVidia, which has blocked the FSR2 mod in several games, including older ones.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

It wasn't there day 1. Also, there's a possibility that other upscaling could be patched in if the studio wants to do it.

damidu

How much do you think AMD is able to give, I don't think its that much, to offset what you've said
i dont think either, but what they have to lose its free money, amd probably was doing these shit deals, under the radar for some time.
it only came to surface among public recently. probably long after this deal was signed.
today ms might have been more vary of public backlash for doing it i guess.

Last edited:

Dreathlock

Come on. If this thing with Baldur's Gate happened in reverse, you would be up in arms. The same way you are in regards to Starfield.
You have proved with plenty of examples that implementing these upscalers is easy and fast. You said many times on this forum, that there is no excuse.
But now you dismiss it as if nothing happened, just because it does not affect you.

AMD has not blocked the DLSS mod. Unlike NVidia, which has blocked the FSR2 mod in several games, including older ones.
Nvidia is not blocking Larian from implementing FSR in BG3.
AMD is blocking Bethesda from implementing DLSS in Starfield.

Completely different situations.

Buggy Loop

If Starfield devs would say that DLSS is coming soon? Nope, I wouldn’t give a shit. I’m probably not even installing it for at least a month after release because of bugs and I’m deep into BG3 anyway

Top Bottom