• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone use a nail bed?

Do you use one for pain relief

• Total voters

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Does anyone on GAF use a nail bed? For example a sore/tight back/etc?

I use one when necessary (tonight). First couple minutes are moderately uncomfortable but after a while you relax and the semi "acupuncture" does it's work. Digging into the muscles and release tension I guess.

I personally use a rather hardcore version but there are many other more mild versions and there were many times I fell asleep on mine. The indentations stay for a couple days lol.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Mine

dkAAIvL.jpg

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I used one before. Didnt do anything for my back pain

Did you use it as an end all be all solution or rather in a complementary way?

Was it the same type as mine? How long did you lay on it? Did you put a towel under it so it could dig into to lower back? Assuming the lower back part..

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I put it on my bed so I use towels under the nail bed to compensate and accentuate the way it digs into my back due to my weight of me on the mattress if that makes sense

BossLackey

Gold Member
Didn't know these existed. I have zero back issues, thankfully, but I'd be interested in trying one regardless. Any other benefits besides relieving back pain?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Well. You can apply it on any tense part of your body. Last night I put a towel under my neck for example. Furthermore I'm not sure.

dorkimoe

Did you use it as an end all be all solution or rather in a complementary way?

Was it the same type as mine? How long did you lay on it? Did you put a towel under it so it could dig into to lower back? Assuming the lower back part..
I did it while doing physical therapy as well, I was trying everything. Mine was a flat mat similar, don’t recall how long I used it. But keep in mind everyone’s pain is caused by different things, I’ve found nothing to help mine so it’s not a knock against the product. Is it working good for you? I just need to be more active probably

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
This sounds very kinky. How much money do these things go for on the black market?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I'm thinking some of you should try wearing a back brace more frequently to increase healing blood flow and promote better posture.

If you partake in strenuous activities that put intense strain on your back, though, you might need to find a better lifestyle balance.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This sounds kinda nice. I should really get a massage now and then but I never wanna go.

It is actually. Oh man I'm so with you. I really want/need a massage but I'm afraid I'll get a boner lol.

I did it while doing physical therapy as well, I was trying everything. Mine was a flat mat similar, don’t recall how long I used it. But keep in mind everyone’s pain is caused by different things, I’ve found nothing to help mine so it’s not a knock against the product. Is it working good for you? I just need to be more active probably

Good reply. Yes it helps. But like you've said in my case it's a side issue that stems from the core problem I have. I'm working on that and it's going pretty good actually.

But sometimes due to a variety of reasons it comes back. One or 2 nights on this and there's a lot of relief.

This sounds very kinky. How much money do these things go for on the black market?

Asking for a friend.

You can buy mine if you want? Don't worry about the costs. We'll figure something out, right...

Just get an intense foam roller and target it to the necessary areas.

I'm no stranger to foamrolling. But I dont have a super intense one though. Used it for my glutes and back. Didn't do much/ enough* for both but it's a great tool for sure!

*It would help a bit but since we've figured out the core issue looking back it's logical the results weren't that great.

What’s the pillow like?

A folded towel

Foam rollers at least for me don't help with my back, not much anyway.

22:22:22 22:22:22 I use one of those back stretchers, maybe I should try one of yours, lol.

best_back_stretchers_getty_creative.jpeg.jpg

Looks nice although I don't understand the purpose of the purple foam.

I use a "yoga" pose (amongst others) to get that flexibility. I'm very close now regarding the final pose without cheating lol.

But on this thing you can just lie down and relax your whole body. Seems nice.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just get an intense foam roller and target it to the necessary areas.

Just wanted to add that I've been using a foamroller of and on for a decade.

Mostly for my tight glutes.

It does helped me somewhat regarding my back but seeing it was like "mopping with the tap open" (sorry direct translation of a dutch expression) I got sick and tired of it.

Logical when seen in retrospect seeing it was a side effect of the real cause of it.

With that said.

My brother bought one some time ago and for him it works wonders.

Probably because he just had a tight upper back (in his case)

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Seeing my core issue seemingly stems from tight back pelvis joints that therefore couldn't give room for the underlying glute muscles which made those very tense and short I just stumbled upon a discounted orthopedic cushion for between your thighs when sleeping on your side.

Supposedly causing a better pelvic alignment.

We'll see.

9tAY0Xo.jpg

637RBKa.jpg

I asked if it came with the woman. Alas.

poodaddy

The VA paid for me to have twelve sessions of acupuncture last year.

It only took two sessions to realize it was doing absolutely nothing and was complete bullshit, didn't bother with the rest of the sessions.

This is giving me the same vibe.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

It only took two sessions to realize it was doing absolutely nothing and was complete bullshit, didn't bother with the rest of the sessions.

Well fair enough. Maybe AP person wasn't good or it wasn't what you needed.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have any positive benefit no matter the approach.

YpZ9vJy.jpg

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Have you tried dry needling? Or does it give you a vibe as well? What was your issue as it were?

Ironbunny

Does anyone on GAF use a nail bed? For example a sore/tight back/etc?

I use one when necessary (tonight). First couple minutes are moderately uncomfortable but after a while you relax and the semi "acupuncture" does it's work. Digging into the muscles and release tension I guess.

I personally use a rather hardcore version but there are many other more mild versions and there were many times I fell asleep on mine. The indentations stay for a couple days lol.

I use one but its just there to keep dogs off the sofa when i'm not there.

Top Bottom