• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone use a nail bed?

Do you use one for pain relief

• Total voters

Johnny2Bad

Uncle Fester swears by them.
4dF3bsQ.jpg

poodaddy

Have you tried dry needling? Or does it give you a vibe as well? What was your issue as it were?
I haven't tried dry needling, no. I didn't have an issue with the procedure, I just didn't feel it did anything. If you're asking about why the VA recommended it, I get pretty awful migraines and my doctor thought it would help. I've had good experiences with chiropractic care before, but the acupuncture just didn't do it for me. Good on those who get benefit from it though, my wife really wants to try it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I haven't tried dry needling, no. I didn't have an issue with the procedure, I just didn't feel it did anything. If you're asking about why the VA recommended it, I get pretty awful migraines and my doctor thought it would help. I've had good experiences with chiropractic care before, but the acupuncture just didn't do it for me. Good on those who get benefit from it though, my wife really wants to try it.

Damn. A good friend of mine has severe migraines as well. She has pills for it which help but yeah. I can understand trying everything to see if it makes a difference.

Sorry to hear man. I hardly get headaches. Only from drinking to much wine. Can't even begin to imagine having migraines..

How's the status atm? If you don't mind me asking.

poodaddy

At th
Damn. A good friend of mine has severe migraines as well. She has pills for it which help but yeah. I can understand trying everything to see if it makes a difference.

Sorry to hear man. I hardly get headaches. Only from drinking to much wine. Can't even begin to imagine having migraines..

How's the status atm? If you don't mind me asking.
Lately it's been off and on. A few months ago I had a migraine that lasted over a month, really scared the shit out of me and prompted me to make some big changes, but the problem is my doctor and I have no idea what's causing them. I cut out coffee and alcohol completely just to try to aid in any way I could think of, and part of me thinks it's helped and part of me thinks I'm full of shit and I just want it to have helped. For what it's worth, I was a very moderate drinker of both coffee and alcohol, so I don't know that I think that was really the issue, but I was just trying to do process of elimination I guess. I'm just keeping up with life though, still lifting, still hanging out with the family a lot, still gaming, but I get very tired these days and need more sleep than I used to. I could just be getting older, who knows?

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I feel like these help with short term relief but foam rolling or some other type of myofascial release is what will help resolve the imbalances that caused your pain in the first place.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
At th

Lately it's been off and on. A few months ago I had a migraine that lasted over a month, really scared the shit out of me and prompted me to make some big changes, but the problem is my doctor and I have no idea what's causing them. I cut out coffee and alcohol completely just to try to aid in any way I could think of, and part of me thinks it's helped and part of me thinks I'm full of shit and I just want it to have helped. For what it's worth, I was a very moderate drinker of both coffee and alcohol, so I don't know that I think that was really the issue, but I was just trying to do process of elimination I guess. I'm just keeping up with life though, still lifting, still hanging out with the family a lot, still gaming, but I get very tired these days and need more sleep than I used to. I could just be getting older, who knows?

First of all respect for your self induced pro active aproach. Secondly I don't those aspects were the cause or trigger either but now you know. You can't get any migraine specific pills like my lady friend? She like i feel it coming up ill take a paracetamol. I always no take the pill. Don't try to mentally push it away or something.

So? No meds? Just dealing with it?

poodaddy

First of all respect for your self induced pro active aproach. Secondly I don't those aspects were the cause or trigger either but now you know. You can't get any migraine specific pills like my lady friend? She like i feel it coming up ill take a paracetamol. I always no take the pill. Don't try to mentally push it away or something.

So? No meds? Just dealing with it?
A neurologist I saw recently really tried to push the pills. I honestly should have accepted. I wanted to, I almost did, then I didn't. I couldn't tell you why, but for some reason I felt it was the wrong thing to do right at the last moment.

My mother had some issues with addiction and pills, and I think I've got some lasting distaste for them as a result, which is stupid and antiquated of me to think that way, but I can't change how I feel on it.

I've been getting by. I find that chewing something really hard helps abate it for a bit, but it's a minute aid. For now I've just been eating healthy, drinking tons of water, and hoping that one day it doesn't bother me as much. Have you noticed any side effects of your lady friend taking the medication? Nothing but positive?

I should probably stop being a stubborn idiot and just take the pills.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I get where you're coming from. Even my friend hesitates when she's feeling one coming up.

I respect your pov and please dont be so hard on yourself regarding your stance. I understand why.

Perhaps take a perspective of "well let's see if they work" and threat it as an experiment.

For said friend they do a lot of good and perhaps it's the same for you, right?

It's not like you're craving pills. You just don't want to have that migraine experience. Who does?

Reading your post is a imho testament of someone that rather bites down and plough through it rather then taking a pill whenever something minute comes up.

That's character friend. Fwiw.

Top Bottom