• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom 3 = 8/3/04

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
250x230_doom3.jpg

http://gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B644930A

dark10x said:
That would rock, if true!

This game is going to be HUUGE in sales, both for the PC and the Xbox.

I expect it to be behind only Halo/Halo 2 in terms of overall sales. It just has such huge brand recognition / critical acclaim / place of honor.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyone know if gamestop or any other store that carries PC games ships to Japan?

Here I was hoping it would actually hit that 7/22 date so I could pick it up before I left the country :(

Mrbob

Heh. I just bought a 9800PRO.

I'm gonna wait for the R500 before dishing out the big dough.

Anyway, you would be better off with a 6800GT or 6800 Ultra if you want the best performance with Doom 3.

Pimpbaa

Mrbob said:
Anyway, you would be better off with a 6800GT or 6800 Ultra if you want the best performance with Doom 3.

I'm sure ATI will optimize the hell out of their opengl drivers for doom3. Probably what the rumored opegl driver rewrite is for

Culex

Banned
I'm going with an X800XT later this year. Better Far Cry performance, better UT2K4 performance, soon to be better Half-Life 2, STALKER and Serious Sam 2 performance.

SyNapSe

Voot! Now the super tough decision*.. PC version will be "better", but damn the co-op over xbox Live would rock. :(

* and no I will not buy both versions!

SyNapSe said:
Voot! Now the super tough decision*.. PC version will be "better", but damn the co-op over xbox Live would rock. :(

* and no I will not buy both versions!

Well, there will probably be unlimited mods available for the PC version which will probably allow for coop.

However, playing on the couch can never be underestimated.

cuccoo

sonycowboy said:
Well, there will probably be unlimited mods available for the PC version which will probably allow for coop.

However, playing on the couch can never be underestimated.

I play my pc on a couch-bed. :)

SKluck

Banned
EBGames says 8/3, Amazon.com says 8/1. This seems pretty sure if everyone updated the date to first week of August.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"You don't need an X800XT. You want to buy my 9800 Pro instead."

True.

I played Beta with a 9800 Pro and a P4 2.0 A with 1 GB of PC2100 RAM, and on another machine with 9800 Pro, a P4 2.8 C, and 1 GB of PC3200 RAM at dual channel.

The first setup lagged at about 20 fps with tearing and horrible dips in rendering. The second ran a smooth 60 fps.

So video cards won't do everything. Your system has to be all around decent.

Akira

If that is also the date for the Xbox version, then this will most likely be my first Xbox game of the year unless I cave in and buy Halo/Ninja Gaiden. Hell, first overall game of the year. My gaming has been experiencing a drought lately. :(

Top Bottom